[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

1 hour ago, Charon said:

Why didnt you change the variable in the X-Div gameconfig ? Your method shouldnt even work since X-Div has higher priority

I did, I just wrote it wrong in the earlyer post, which I have editted now. Thanks for pointing out, I hate giving false advise. 

Edited by Svinedrengen
English skills

Hi!
Anybody else noticed yet, that the division cannon MK2 can fire multiple shoots but the description writes that it can fire only a single shot? :)

And I think I found a bug. When I enter phase 2 and I did not capture any xenomorph warrior for research in phase 1 , I can not research the axe, even if I capture xenomorph marble warrior in phase 2.

X division is awesome

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zombidurranto said:

And I think I found a bug. When I enter phase 2 and I did not capture any xenomorph warrior for research in phase 1 , I can not research the axe, even if I capture xenomorph marble warrior in phase 2.

Fixed.

If you want, i can fix it for you or you can continue with the research when you are in Phase 3.

• Like 1

" Description where ? "

Where you equip the weapons to your soldiers, and when you move your mouse over the division cannon MK2 image, and the image has an on mouse event, and writes that it can shoot
40 ACC X 1 SHOT
55 ACC X 1 SHOT

But out in the battle field, the division cannon MK2 can burst fire bullets

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zombidurranto said:

" Description where ? "

Where you equip the weapons to your soldiers, and when you move your mouse over the division cannon MK2 image, and the image has an on mouse event, and writes that it can shoot
40 ACC X 1 SHOT
55 ACC X 1 SHOT

But out in the battle field, the division cannon MK2 can burst fire bullets

Fixed.

• Like 1

And one more bug.

It is a global bug, and to make it simple, let's say you have a soldier with a rifle with an ammo capacity of 10.
If you shoot 5 bullets out of your 10 bullets, your magazine will be half empty.
When you open your inventory, and you press right click on your rifle, your soldier will unload the rifle, and put the magazine into the backpack.
The little numbers will appear on the magazine that it is on 50% .
Let's say that this is the only magazine in the backpack, witch is half empty. ( 50% )
But when you close your inventoy, and press the magazine icon under the granades icon, your soldier will reload the rifle, but your magazine will be full.
Infinite ammo bug. You can do this forever.

x division is still awesome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombidurranto said:

And one more bug.

It is a global bug, and to make it simple, let's say you have a soldier with a rifle with an ammo capacity of 10.
If you shoot 5 bullets out of your 10 bullets, your magazine will be half empty.
When you open your inventory, and you press right click on your rifle, your soldier will unload the rifle, and put the magazine into the backpack.
The little numbers will appear on the magazine that it is on 50% .
Let's say that this is the only magazine in the backpack, witch is half empty. ( 50% )
But when you close your inventoy, and press the magazine icon under the granades icon, your soldier will reload the rifle, but your magazine will be full.
Infinite ammo bug. You can do this forever.

x division is still awesome

That is a simple Xenonaut bug, it hasnt got anything to do with X-Division. There must be something like a 1000 of those bugs running around, especially regarding ammo. If @Solver wants, he can frame it, and put it to the other 999 bugs ^^.

Still good to know though.

• Like 2

Hej @Charon,  are you in the future going to make dropping and picking op items cost more TUs? It is a little strange when the socalled "quick" grenade slot says I am missing 5 TUs to throw, but if I just drop my weapon I can then throw and still have enough TUs to pick back op my weapon. Shouldnt the quick grenade slot option already take this into account? 

And also hopefully make standing op cost more TUs than kneeling? 8/12 or 10/15 just as a example. 

2 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

And also hopefully make standing op cost more TUs than kneeling? 8/12 or 10/15 just as a example. 

On 14.3.2018 at 0:05 PM, Svinedrengen said:

Where do I change the TU cost for kneeling/standing? I want to keep it at 20 TU total for kneeling and standing op, but I think it should be 8 for kneeling and 12 for standing op, it feels more rigth this way as kneeling is faster than standing op. Maybe 6/14 TU, I do not know, needs testing.

It is not possible to change the costs seperately. You also have to know that kneeling not only means crouch, but also means the time to steady your weapon, and in general be a useful soldier. No soldier hits the dirt and immediately shots his weapon. A minimum of 1 second stabilisation will be done before that, and if the situation allows it, even 2 seconds.

2 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

Hej @Charon,  are you in the future going to make dropping and picking op items cost more TUs? It is a little strange when the socalled "quick" grenade slot says I am missing 5 TUs to throw, but if I just drop my weapon I can then throw and still have enough TUs to pick back op my weapon. Shouldnt the quick grenade slot option already take this into account? 

Fixed.

Although we cannot fix the fundamental bug that taking a grenade in your hand costs more than using the quickthrow slot.

Edited by Charon

2 hours ago, Charon said:

No soldier hits the dirt and immediately shots his weapon.

Sure they do, just not very accuratly:).

A minimum of 1 second stabilisation will be done before that, and if the situation allows it, even 2 seconds.

The same thing can be said about going from a kneeling position to a standing one. You can not deny the fakt that is take more time to stand op, you can test and time it on yourself a 100 times the result will be the same. It can not be changed and that is that, and thinking about it again also makes me unsure how much it will change the gameplay anyway. But I definatly appriciate that you made it cost significantly more to kneel/stand than the original, as there were almost no reason not to kneel before.

Fixed.

Great than I can stop whit this timeconsuming manouver(manøvre) in the future versions, thank you.

Wow and I thought that terrormissions are tense, well they were until I assaulted my first alien outpost.
Summary:
5 killed, 2 corporals (meat)shields, 1 sgt, 1 major, 1 revival,1 detroyed defender, and rest all wounded with less than 30 HP left. 
96 aliens killed, 1 captured wraith and 1 captured ceasan officer.

My starting area had 2 doors on the same side so I could position pretty decent. On the first turn I opened both doors and saw one long corridor and one medium long corridor that turned left but no aliens so smoke and end turn, aliens turn 3 wraith teleport inside and I se 2 xeno coming in the medium corridor and 1 ceasan in the other. I dispose off the wraiths and gas the ceasan to death, on a personal note whoever did the soundeffect for the chemical grenade hit the nail right on the head I almost feel sorry for the aliens when using it because how unpleasant it sounds, I throw 4 incendiary into the other corridor turning all the floor into fire and end turn, I am not kidding I counted atleast 20 (I stopped counting after that) xeno deaths and a few ceasans in the following turns only the queen, the other big one (forget name), a few warriors and wraiths broke through which was managable with some losses. I did not leave the starting area until turn eleven I think, clearing the base went rather clean until storming the commandroom that cost me 2 guys. That mision took me nearly 3 hours, insane.

Do someone know how to make the tone darker on the battlescape? I want to make them more dark in the nightmissions.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:
Wow and I thought that terrormissions are tense, well they were until I assaulted my first alien outpost.
Summary:
5 killed, 2 corporals (meat)shields, 1 sgt, 1 major, 1 revival,1 detroyed defender, and rest all wounded with less than 30 HP left. 
96 aliens killed, 1 captured wraith and 1 captured ceasan officer.

My starting area had 2 doors on the same side so I could position pretty decent. On the first turn I opened both doors and saw one long corridor and one medium long corridor that turned left but no aliens so smoke and end turn, aliens turn 3 wraith teleport inside and I se 2 xeno coming in the medium corridor and 1 ceasan in the other. I dispose off the wraiths and gas the ceasan to death, on a personal note whoever did the soundeffect for the chemical grenade hit the nail right on the head I almost feel sorry for the aliens when using it because how unpleasant it sounds, I throw 4 incendiary into the other corridor turning all the floor into fire and end turn, I am not kidding I counted atleast 20 (I stopped counting after that) xeno deaths and a few ceasans in the following turns only the queen, the other big one (forget name), a few warriors and wraiths broke through which was managable with some losses. I did not leave the starting area until turn eleven I think, clearing the base went rather clean until storming the commandroom that cost me 2 guys. That mision took me nearly 3 hours, insane.

Do someone know how to make the tone darker on the battlescape? I want to make them more dark in the nightmissions

I like it. I hope you liked it too ^^.

Edited by Charon

21 minutes ago, Charon said:

I like it. I hope you liked it too ^^.

I did enjoy it, maybe except the commandroom trying to capture the officer and losing 2 men in the process, I had to smack him more than 10 times on 2 turns, hope he was worth it. The beginning just made me laugh at how insane the situation was, some might call it a lucky break with the grenades, but let us just call it good decision making shall we:).

I can not wait to experiance a baseattack.

Edited by Svinedrengen

Some quistions @Charon

What fil do I have to change to make the nigthmissions darker? I can not figure out which one it is. They feel like evening and not nigth. The reason I ask is I have to start a new kampagne, and I am unsure if it will mess with something if I change during a kampagne. 

About some changes to 0.99.50, the revised zombify mekanik I guess it will be what kills you, not injure will determin what happens, correct? 

The new baseattack mekanik is very interresting, but will there still be limit on soldiers in the figth? 16 I believe in original, despite me haven 25+ soldiers in the base. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Svinedrengen

4 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

What fil do I have to change to make the nigthmissions darker? I can not figure out which one it is. They feel like evening and not nigth. The reason I ask is I have to start a new kampagne, and I am unsure if it will mess with something if I change during a kampagne. 

Dunno.

About some changes to 0.99.50, the revised zombify mekanik I guess it will be what kills you, not injure will determin what happens, correct? 

The new mechnanics will be that a unit gets zombified if a reaper would kill it. So it solely depends on how much damage we want the reaper to do.

• Zombifying Reapers deal pure damage now. Attack cost reduced from 40% to 35%. The damage values means its statistically a 2 shot KO in case of max health, but any soldier is always in 1 HKO range except for max hp exoscelet armour. With the lowest roll its still possible that a rookie survives.

The new baseattack mekanik is very interresting, but will there still be limit on soldiers in the figth? 16 I believe in original, despite me haven 25+ soldiers in the base. 

Soldier limit hasnt been changed.

Greetings :)

3 hours ago, Charon said:

Dunno.

I actually figured out of it, it is the tilerenderer file in XCE, only took me a couple of hours :), after I checked almost all the files. 

Before my change. No one can convince me this is nigth.

20180328195719_1.jpg

After my change. Now this is night. I migth even make it darker, but I like this for now.20180328195300_1.jpg

The new mechnanics will be that a unit gets zombified if a reaper would kill it. So it solely depends on how much damage we want the reaper to do.

• Zombifying Reapers deal pure damage now. Attack cost reduced from 40% to 35%. The damage values means its statistically a 2 shot KO in case of max health, but any soldier is always in 1 HKO range except for max hp exoscelet armour. With the lowest roll its still possible that a rookie survives.

Interresting to see the effects in gameplay. I just had this crazy thought of what happens if you get infected with larva and you did not die, than next turn you get shot and die, but it makes sense that if the host dies, the unevolved larva dies too. Also good news about new behavier of reaper so they dont always go for vehicle.

Soldier limit hasnt been changed.

May I ask why?

17 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

I actually figured out of it, it is the tilerenderer file in XCE, only took me a couple of hours :), after I checked almost all the files. 

Care to share how you changed it and what values you used ?

12 minutes ago, Charon said:

Care to share how you changed it and what values you used ?

I editted the tilerenderer file in XCE with Sublime Text, it is a lot easyer to navigate with that rather than notepad, thanks for telling.

I used these values :

<FOW>
      <Day min="0.7" max="1.0"/>
      <Night min="0.05" max="0.5"/>
      <DawnDusk min="0.25" max="0.75"/>
    </FOW>

I also made DawnDusk darker, even more dark than original "night".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

I editted the tilerenderer file in XCE with Sublime Text, it is a lot easyer to navigate with that rather than notepad, thanks for telling.

I used these values :

<FOW>
      <Day min="0.7" max="1.0"/>
      <Night min="0.05" max="0.5"/>
      <DawnDusk min="0.25" max="0.75"/>
    </FOW>

I also made DawnDusk darker, even more dark than original "night".

Thank you. It will be part of the next X-Division version.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Charon said:

Nobody asked for it.

Here is the thing, I really enjoy the differenses between Xenonauts/X-Division and openxcom. One of them is that you dont/cant have as many exspandebles in this as you can in x-com. I dont favor one mekanik over the other, different games with different rules/systems, but I still kinda feel like 20 or 25 would be better since it is your base and have many decent guys not joining the battle, they just die if you lose base as if they were not even there. If it is because of balance issues, why not more aliens then if possible?