[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

I absolutely agree, this needs to go into the lore, somewhere at the beginning.

8 minutes ago, Charon said:

EDIT: I also appreciate the exchange of thought, but there is little we have not thought about, and thuse your reasoning is missing a lot of data :). Come in and see the world of X-Division :).

Cheers, lack of data is the most common problem in my reasoning ^^ Maybe I should try progressing past phase one first and get some more qualified data :rolleyes:

Off Topic: How do I get this reply thing to NOT save the literal everything of my previous post? Took me 5 minutes just attempting to delete the previous post, since deleting quotes is somewhat buggy...

@Mattes98 I cant see the problem with open terrain, actually. Personally, i would prefer open terrain any day of the week, 24/7. Over an industrial in any case.

If you are dealing with open terrain you need smoke, a good vehicle, and preferable sniper equipment. Keep standing in line of sight of an alien is NEVER a good idea.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY ?????? Because even standing up requires 10 tu. What does that mean ? It means, if the alien has to stand up it limits its shot from 7 to 4, simply by you not being available to shoot at, then it also has to move forward and backwards. In case of crouching i mean + crouching gives everybody +30% ( !!!!!! ) aim accuracy.

Yes, hmg, pistols, shotguns and rifles are the wrong tools to battle in an open terrain. Yes, aliens weapons are better in any case. Before you fly to a crash site you see beforehand what kind of terrain it is. Every type of terrain has its own traits and features.

No hate though, X-Division just makes you use your head :).

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mattes98 said:

Off Topic: How do I get this reply thing to NOT save the literal everything of my previous post? Took me 5 minutes just attempting to delete the previous post, since deleting quotes is somewhat buggy...

Dont have 2 goldhawk tabs open.

8 minutes ago, Mattes98 said:

Maybe I should try progressing past phase one first and get some more qualified data :rolleyes:

Uhm, yes, but the Xpedia doesnt tell you more after Phase 1. There is not more data available past anything. The Xpedia is 100% not done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charon said:

@Mattes98 I cant see the problem with open terrain, actually. Personally, i would prefer open terrain any day of the week, 24/7. Over an industrial in any case.

If you are dealing with open terrain you need smoke, a good vehicle, and preferable sniper equipment. Keep standing in line of sight of an alien is NEVER a good idea.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY ?????? Because even standing up requires 10 tu. What does that mean ? It means, if the alien has to stand up it limits its shot from 7 to 4, simply by you not being available to shoot at, then it also has to move forward and backwards. In case of crouching i mean + crouching gives everybody +30% ( !!!!!! ) aim accuracy.

Yes, hmg, pistols, shotguns and rifles are the wrong tools to battle in an open terrain. Yes, aliens weapons are better in any case. Before you fly to a crash site you see begorehand what kind of terrain it is. Every type of terrain has its own traits and features.

No hate though, X-Division just makes you use your head :).

Well to be honest, I somewhat prefer industrial terrain with lots of cover. Open areas are fine though, but I'm somewhat limited by my grenade range.

The one thing I found to be useful when using inferior weaponry against aliens, is to simply try going one by one at them, and the immediatly declaring total war on them. I'm speaking throwing every grenade in range and two rockets minimum if availible. Works perfectly against everything most of all civilian targets. And then there's tanks. Those I'm not quite certain how to deal with, but bringing an extra ten rockets on another soldier usually works quite well. Or an extra five shields. Or an extra five mags for every weapon I have. Or additional grenades. Or six reserve medkits.

9 minutes ago, Charon said:

Dont have 2 goldhawk tabs open.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

10 minutes ago, Charon said:

Uhm, yes, but the Xpedia doesnt tell you more after Phase 1. There is not more data available past anything. The Xpedia is 100% not done.

No, but maybe I can then say a bit more about how aliens react, what tactics they use, new weapons and when they're unlocked, etc... Just generally get to experience the mod a bit more.

Just on a side note, right now I have a base to defend. Luckily it's my main base which means I will just make it quite hard for my scientists to find anything of value afterwards since it will be splattered all over the base.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mattes98 said:

I believe it because damage is only ever evaluated on the weapons base dmg +- mitigation/resistance, etc... Having Ammo do additional dmg would either be impossible or require lots and lots of work. 

This is a fake dilemma, there has to be another reason. Lots of work, you mean just like everything else in X-Division:)?

7 hours ago, Charon said:

@Svinedrengen #ammo because it doesnt work. 

Because the game/code will not allow it, or because you guys think it does not work? 

I cannot for the life of me get the installer to work is it possible to manually set up the mod like it used to be? I have a legitimate version of the game turned off my antivirus verified the MD5 (twice) have all files in the same folder even tried extracting and running as administrator but the installer always crashes as soon as it starts. 

44 minutes ago, LORDPrometheus said:

I cannot for the life of me get the installer to work is it possible to manually set up the mod like it used to be? I have a legitimate version of the game turned off my antivirus verified the MD5 (twice) have all files in the same folder even tried extracting and running as administrator but the installer always crashes as soon as it starts. 

Sure, thats why we put the data as an external 7z into the installer.

1. Follow the installation instructions until the installer
  2. manually extract the 7z inside your Xenonauts\ folder
  3. repeat step 1 and 2 for the update
  4. Clear scripts, delete all zips in your mods\ folder, set the mod priority into the state shown by the update image.

Some feedback her.

So I am in late oktober on my second run, whit Korvets starting to show up, shot one down and I am about to do raid it, another one whit eskorts (maybe my first base attack). I have already done a succesful terrormission whit androns, thanks for making them feel like real terminators now and there (stupid) dogs too:). I lost 2 privates, 1 corporal and my defender (no big deal) and 1 revived luetenant (Løjtnant), I had to scavange for alien weapons in that mission to succeed, after I had used all my ammo and explosives, what an awesome mission. I have 6 bases covering everything landmass, whit 2 striketeams to salvage all the loot, which is even more worth it now, since you can sell the datacores and weapons for lots of money if you need to, I have captured everything there was to capture and got all the new weapons division and laser. I was a little worried about the low stats of privates but they gain stats insanely quick, 1 of my guys got +10 acc on that terrormission! This makes you feel like there is a big difference between experienced soldiers and privates, as it should be. That decision I made about airplanes being permanently lost has turned out even better than I thought, it makes you more careful and pull out sooner, you can still kamakazi but it is real kamakazi this time. How many of you guys have F-17´s in the 40´s number when you buy a new one? I have money probelms now but I am doing great whit relations, already + 500.000 since the beginning, but all these bases and planes are expensiv, I migth have to fire my scientist and sell some of the datacores I have, so I do not go bankrupt, but it is fine, I have so much loot because of 2 striketeams. One little issue whit no recovery airplanes is when you set a location for your planes, if they get intercepted and you lose, that location marker will never ever go away since I can not set new location because no recovery. 

Question:

Where do I change the TU cost for kneeling/standing? I want to keep it at 20 TU total for kneeling and standing op, but I think it should be 8 for kneeling and 12 for standing op, it feels more rigth this way as kneeling is faster than standing op. Maybe 6/14 TU, I do not know, needs testing.

When I do more than 1 groundmission before heading back to base, all the ammo are restored and my vehickel are fully repaired, why? That should only happen when I go back to base, not between 2 groundmissions. Her is my example, first miision my car got hit for around 80 damage and pretty much all my soldiers used a clip and some grenades, when I started the second groundmission rigth next to first one, all the ammo and grenades (regular ones) where restored and my car was fully repaired, my injured soldiers where still injured. I had to drop one clip from all soldiers and all the grenades I could remember I had used in the first mission, and when I got back to base I had to decommission the car, because it took around 100 damage in the second mission, I did this because it feels like cheating. Is there are way to fix this? 

Overall a great game so far, I have had zero crashes and zero bugs:).

Sorry for spelling but it takes my forever when I am not wrinting in my native language.

• Like 1

On 14.3.2018 at 0:05 PM, Svinedrengen said:

One little issue whit no recovery airplanes is when you set a location for your planes, if they get intercepted and you lose, that location marker will never ever go away since I can not set new location because no recovery. 

This might be something for @Solver, if hes interested in fixing that.

@Svinedrengen Solver will need an image and a savegame, preferably.

Edited by Charon

18 hours ago, Charon said:

This might be something for @Solver, if hes interested in fixing that.

@Svinedrengen Solver will need an image and a savegame, preferably.

I tryied to recreate the situation in a new game and now it crashes the game everytime, sometimes imedieatly sometimes after a short while, but always when you try to launch another airplane. I have attached screenshots before interception and after interception, and also a savefile.20180316141145_1.jpg20180316141315_1.jpg

prØve.sav

On 16.03.2018 at 4:29 PM, Svinedrengen said:

I tryied to recreate the situation in a new game and now it crashes the game everytime, sometimes imedieatly sometimes after a short while, but always when you try to launch another airplane. I have attached screenshots before interception and after interception, and also a savefile.

May be, not usual symbols in base name and save game cause this problems?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pandi said:

May be, not usual symbols in base name and save game cause this problems?

That has never been a problem in any game that allow me to this, I can not se why this would be the case. They are defanitely not unusual symbols, they are danish letters. If someone makes a danish, russian or chinese translation, would that crash the game? I think no. It most be the game that can not handle it for some reason. Why does the marker not go away in the first place when you lose an interception, seems like a mistake?

Her is another attempt, whit no "unusual" symbols. Same results, unfurtunatly.20180318001529_1.jpg

20180318001549_1.jpg

Save.sav

48 minutes ago, Solver said:

We all know danskjävlar cannot write their own language properly!

No you are misinformed my brother, it is everyone else that dos not master the fine arts of comprehending the danish language, især svenskere!

But what we all do know is that svedish men are feminin and sound like girls.

• Like 1

Hello there,

It has been a while...I was playing some arcade games recently (XCOM2 + Longwar) but got slightly bored of it and decided to return to the real fight. Aliens in Xcom are either pu...ies or they just cheat (pumped up stats). Anyway, back to a new campaign in X-Division. 

@Charon Sorry to keep bringing up the same issues, but I just do not like few features and tend to adjust them manually myself for my games:

- I am guessing that Zombify is still one shot-one zombie feature? No defense against it? Time to double (triple?) their TUs requirement for an attack

- Planes are still expandable? Can you please remind me how to make them not recoverable? It takes away the fun of air-fight if I do not care if they get shot down...even prolonging recovery times is not that fun.

Keep up the great work, I am really happy to see some more updates coming out!

18 hours ago, Suave said:

I was playing some arcade games recently (XCOM2 + Longwar)

Funny (and true), that made me smile ;).

18 hours ago, Suave said:

- Planes are still expandable? Can you please remind me how to make them not recoverable? It takes away the fun of air-fight if I do not care if they get shot down...even prolonging recovery times is not that fun.

I feel the exakt same way, recovery of airplanes is bassicly cheating, so I askt Charon the same question some weeks ago, and you do this : Set Airplane recovery to zero in the X-Division gameconfigfile and that is it. There is a tiny issue whit this, it only happens if you set a marker on the geoscape for your planes and they get intercepted and you lose, the game will crash (at least for me, but I think I maybe the only one playing like this), but there is a simple solution to this problem, if you know you are going to get intercepted just take them head on, or return to base, just do not lose if there is still a marker on the geoscape that you put yourself. It is very small problem and easly avoided. I do not expect it to be fixt any time soon if ever, but to me it dos not matter.

I am just amazed that XCE works, since it was made be a Svenska :). Et vaskeægte mirakel. 

Edited by Svinedrengen

4 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

I am just amazed that XCE works, since it was made be a Svenska :). Et vaskeægte mirakel. 

@Solver Uuuuuuh. Shots fired.

4 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

Set Airplane recovery to zero in the XCE gameconfigfile and that is it.

Why didnt you change the variable in the X-Div gameconfig ? Your method shouldnt even work since X-Div has higher priority.

• Like 1