[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

1 hour ago, varangos said:

is it possible to stun with the shotgun?or firing with the shotgun results to kills always?

Sometimes kills, sometimes not, and different races behave in different ways. For example reapers usually sleep. In any case I ensure an important alien with pair baton swings, shock grenade or electron weapon shots.

i tested with a sebilian many times but he always gets killed,in the ground there is a sebillian corpse instead of a body if i stun it.im doing this before i get batons to see if i can get a capture that way.

i researched alien tech plus ceaser engineer but didnt get shock weapons,what else i need to do?

I FOUND OUT WHAT CAUSES THE CORRUPTION! @Charon @Solver

STR:

Load up the Save provided.

Pick Soldier "Felix Friedrich", move him to the stunned ceasan guard.

Pick up the Alien Lightning rifle from the stunned ceasan guard on the ground.

Equip that Rifle in the Primary weapon slot, it doesn't matter where you put the laser rifle.

Now equip the Ligthning Rifle Ammo in the secondary weapon slot.

Save the game. Load the game. Experience the corrupted Save issue.

214.7.sav

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattes98 said:

I FOUND OUT WHAT CAUSES THE CORRUPTION! @Charon @Solver

STR:

Load up the Save provided.

Pick Soldier "Felix Friedrich", move him to the stunned ceasan guard.

Pick up the Alien Lightning rifle from the stunned ceasan guard on the ground.

Equip that Rifle in the Primary weapon slot, it doesn't matter where you put the laser rifle.

Now equip the Ligthning Rifle Ammo in the secondary weapon slot.

Save the game. Load the game. Experience the corrupted Save issue.

214.7.sav

LOL, sry for giving up early, this is indeed something i would have never thought of. :)

Putting ammo in the secondary weapons slot ... XD.

Well at least i can say players of X-Division reallly test out EVERYTHING.

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

On a side note, placing only the ammo in either of the weapon slots without the gun results in the ammo bugging away on reload. It only corrupts on the combination of these two.

17 minutes ago, Charon said:

LOL, sry for giving up early, this is indeed something i would have never thought of. :)

Bemüh dich nur, sei hübsch und froh, der Ärger kommt schon sowieso. :cool:

1 hour ago, Solver said:

Awesome work :)

18 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

What is the damageformula for X-Division? Is it the same as the original game at 50% - 150%

Newermind, I read in a post somewhere on this forum that the formula is 50% - 200%, I prefer this this much better than original formula, but can someone please confirm this?

Just an idea her:

Will it be possible to chance the ammo % meter, to show the exact amount of rounds and missils instead, after an interceptcion? This was not an issiue with original game since the airgame was to easy and just a minigame, still better than original X-Com though, but now the airgame is not just a minigame anymore, it has become quite an important part of the game ( I like this very much). An easy wya to this would be to do it like the old days when I was a kid, and write everithing down on paper, but with several bases and dozens of airplanes in the sky, I have a feeling it would very timeconsuming.

Will this idea fall under the same category as qouted below?

On 2/28/2018 at 6:24 PM, Charon said:

This aint possible. Fpr features like this you have to put effort into XCE and ask/help @Solver to do this.

8 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

Newermind, I read in a post somewhere on this forum that the formula is 50% - 200%, I prefer this this much better than original formula, but can someone please confirm this?

Currently X-Division has no own damage randomifier, and is tied to XCE values.

<DamageRandomChance>50</DamageRandomChance>

Contrary to what @Chris says empirical data shows that the damage gets randomised between 50% and 150%. Maybe it got fixed by @llunak or something ?

8 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

Just an idea her:

Will it be possible to chance the ammo % meter, to show the exact amount of rounds and missils instead, after an interceptcion? This was not an issiue with original game since the airgame was to easy and just a minigame, still better than original X-Com though, but now the airgame is not just a minigame anymore, it has become quite an important part of the game ( I like this very much). An easy wya to this would be to do it like the old days when I was a kid, and write everithing down on paper, but with several bases and dozens of airplanes in the sky, I have a feeling it would very timeconsuming.

Will this idea fall under the same category as qouted below?

Yes.

@Solver

3 hours ago, Charon said:

Currently X-Division has no own damage randomifier, and is tied to XCE values.

<DamageRandomChance>50</DamageRandomChance>

Does this mean I can change it myself in the XCE configfile and it will have affect in X-Division? Can I also change some things in the X-Division configfile without the risk of breaking the game? There are two things I want to change.

Sorry if this questions seem stupid.

41 minutes ago, Solver said:

Good call. Just added it (default key A).

When we are at wishes, can you assign the aircombat zooming 2 keys to zoom out and in ? I use - and + to zoom for the geoscape, the same would be nice for the aircombat.

26 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

Does this mean I can change it myself in the XCE configfile and it will have affect in X-Division? Can I also change some things in the X-Division configfile without the risk of breaking the game? There are two things I want to change.

Sorry if this questions seem stupid.

Sure, you can do everything. If you break the game depends on whether you code it correctly.

19 minutes ago, Charon said:

When we are at wishes, can you assign the aircombat zooming 2 keys to zoom out and in ? I use - and + to zoom for the geoscape, the same would be nice for the aircombat.

Wasn't aware people use those and not the mouse wheel.

But sure. Feel free to test it.

52 minutes ago, Charon said:

Sure, you can do everything. If you break the game depends on whether you code it correctly.

This is great information, I did not know it was that simple to edit these kind of things :). I tested it out and changed two things and it works. 

But now some thoughts crossed my mind, can one of these changes maybe prevent me from completing the game. I have changed this :

<!-- AIRPLANE RECOVERY TOGGLE -->

<airplaneRecovery comment="If set to 1, lost airplanes will be recovered. Otherwise they are permanently destroyed" value="0"/>

Now are there any type of situation where I need to shoot something down that requares special ammo and/or special airplane that are limited to a certain very low number, which I may accidently lose and then permalocks me from completing?

The other change I made was this :

<femaleSoldierChance comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" value="0"/>

I can finally stop sending women to their deaths. Women are not elite soldiers, but they will still be part of X-Division as elite cooks, nurses and maids :cool:.

36 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

can one of these changes maybe prevent me from completing the game.

No.

37 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

Women are not elite soldiers, but they will still be part of X-Division as elite cooks, nurses and maids :cool:.

Finally a man who can straighten out his priorities ;).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Charon said:

No.

I was kind of surprises that this  <airplaneRecovery comment="If set to 1, lost airplanes will be recovered. Otherwise they are permanently destroyed" value="0"/>  was not default in this. Maybe implement somekind of percentic change in the low end to salvage something from the recovery? That would be a better solution when I think about it. Can this be done?

1 minute ago, Svinedrengen said:

I was kind of surprises that this  <airplaneRecovery comment="If set to 1, lost airplanes will be recovered. Otherwise they are permanently destroyed" value="0"/>  was not default in this. Maybe implement somekind of percentic change in the low end to salvage something from the recovery? That would be a better solution when I think about it. Can this be done?

Oh my god I BEG you do not do this. I'm having enough struggles as is.

2 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

@XCE @Solver

#JoinXCEandDoIt

Edited by Charon

3 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

This setting has a long history. Before the game was even released, lost airplanes were destroyed permanently. Then toward the release, Chris decided to change it and implement the "recovery" mechanic, as the cost of losing an airplane was too high. Then there were some strong feelings about that, with the realism aspect and all, so this toggle was one of the first things added in X:CE.