[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

1) The Warder Armor has several advantages compared with the AlphaWolf but it raises TU cost for any action. With this armor my sniper cannot do a precise shot. He has not enough TUs. Is it correct? I thought an armor with flying capabilities is at first good for a sniper...

2) At Phase 4 there are white (silver?) terror robodogs. They don't seem to be vulnerable to any damage. I failed to hit them with the Antimatter Rifle MK3 and with the Electron Rifle. What's the best remedy against them? EMP Rockets? AP cannons on tanks?

3) While attacking the Mothership UFO its remaining health is barely visible. Could it be moved slighly higher (above the UFO silhouette)?

I don t know if this can be changed but i find the snipers miss tend to be too erratic. 

A sniper that have 95% of chances of hitting shouldn t have his aim wandering more than the target square the alien is in, or at least keep themselves in the LOF. 

Many times the shot wanders "awfully" (1, 2 or maybe 3squares) and hit my soldiers even if far from the alien.

Another thing i find disturbing its that in some situation a close (adjacent square) cover will hinder the sniper/shooter aim, and in accordance to description this shoudn t happen. (its not the Prone VS standing cover issue either)

I am a bit puzzled by the explosions dinamic, like damage trough wall. 

Explosions give damage trough walls while the walls/doors (especially UFO doors) stay GFX speaking, what looks like intact, but you can t shoot trought them.

I don t know if its possible to correct this, but the wall should be at least crumbled/holled before damage pass trough it. 

When you interrogate the Sebillian Medic, the undone description/stub state that he gives you informations about races and chemical/stun information about those races, but it generate no new informations and no new reshearch possibilities. 

Shouldn t the stub be modified? Or  the informations should be textual only in the description.

Talking about stun, the flashbang grenade is underwhelming potent and is useless as is, IMHO it need a tweak. It should have a greater potential to supress aliens since these have better sight and hear than ours (or so it seems) they should be more vulnerable, not less. 

• Like 1

Improving the new soldiers aiming stat would be reasonable they shoot even worse than me.... 

It is obvious you hampered the aim for some gaming reason, but its quite overdone.

90% comes between 30 and 50, this mean 90% are under jhon doe skills, which is ridiculous since soldiers shooting is one or the required main skill and bad shooters are thrown out or military corps!!!

So shooting should come at bare minimum 50 skills, which is already below average joe skills to remain in corps.

You should not forget, that you get bonus accuracy from armor and weapon (aiming/firemode).

The starting values may look low, but practically they are working totally fine. In my playthrough I started using 100% rookies even in phase 3. Accuracy has never been a problem with the right equipment, accuracy even rises very fast.

The main problematic attribute for rookies is strength - to carry and use good armor, weapons, grenades, etc. And this was improved in one of last patches.

Edited by Marandor1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pandi said:

If there is no small alien hint icons right at screen it will be really interesting. Сan't wait for it.:)

There isnt:

• Infiltrator and Ghost ability - the Infiltrator ability gets split into 2 different abilities. The Infiltrator ability will mark units as friendlies on the map, indistinguishable from other friendly units and wont trigger reaction fire - civilian hosts for now. The Ghost ability marks units as props on the map, indistinguishable from other props, but they trigger reaction fire upon moving ( "Sir, i saw that box moving, so i shot" ) - facehuggers, robodog and reaperboxes for now
8 minutes ago, Pandi said:

Btw i'm back recently and will try to do what you asked for.

I asked for something ?

14 minutes ago, Charon said:

There isnt:

• Infiltrator and Ghost ability - the Infiltrator ability gets split into 2 different abilities. The Infiltrator ability will mark units as friendlies on the map, indistinguishable from other friendly units and wont trigger reaction fire - civilian hosts for now. The Ghost ability marks units as props on the map, indistinguishable from other props, but they trigger reaction fire upon moving ( "Sir, i saw that box moving, so i shot" ) - facehuggers, robodog and reaperboxes for now

Wow, it looks like a more complex feature than I thought, probably the Solver greatly helped with this.

14 minutes ago, Charon said:

I asked for something ?

You probably will find it out soon or... remember.;)

Edited by Pandi

12 minutes ago, Charon said:

He did. He did everything from A to Z ;). So all props to him. Everything and more will be in the upcoming XCE version 0.35 . @Solver

If things turns out this way, it reminded me idea of adding some kind of stealth armor with weak combat capabilities, which aliens can spot only with close range than their normal vision range. It is posible now?

• Like 1

Just some ideas: aliens have different 'visions' for exampe normal, infrared(sibils) and pheromone(xenos). Xenos had 10 normal 20 ired and 40 pheromone vision conbined.
Stealth-A armor cuts 70% alien normal vision 50% of ired vision and 20% of  pheromonic. So Xenos can detect this armor with normal at 3 range/10 ired/32 pheromonic - so it will be 32 as highest. With tactical point of view stealth-a armor not best choise for xenos missions, but it may be much greater for adrons.
:random thoughts:

Edited by Pandi
  • Like 1

Hello,

I'm having a rather annoying issue with Save corruption that crashes the game.

It appears to happen at complete random, but it will always crash the game as soon as you try to load up any kind of Savefile. This happens regardless wether you are at the geoscape or in a mission, it will also crash as soon as attempt to restart the game and click the load save button.

It is simply resolved by removing the corrupted saves from the Save Location or deleting them entirely. I have attached a few of the corrupted saves, although I attached only three of them, I had at least 20 cases of save corruption throughout various campaigns, yet I believe I have not even proceeded past Phase 1, the largest UFO yet seen (apart from Terror Ships) being Corvettes.

I have both completely wiped xenonauts multiple times as well as remodded and repatched the game to no avail. I am unsure wether it could be related to my system or if this issue is unrelated.

Sincerely,

Mattes

205.0.sav

213.1_1.sav

205.01.sav

17 minutes ago, Mattes98 said:

I am unsure what you mean by "ditching" the saves. Deleting them resolves the crashing, but its unfortunately not a permanent solution, neither does starting a new campaign.

I need your OS, your platform and your modloader.

• Like 1