[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

57 minutes ago, saqib126 said:

Cant seem to figure out how to install x-division, i`ve installed CE, started the game, and then tried to put the 3 files together and run the installer as the instructions said(" Have all 3 files together and open part 1 ( = unrar the multi rar archive ). Follow the instructions of the installer. "), however the images files of both part 2 and 3 are empty, and trying to extract part 2 or 3 assets.7z files gives me a "data error" from 7zip, trying to run the installer anyway either throws a cannot find input file error or simply does nothing. I can only assume i`ve installed incorrectly, so how do I install?

I cant get the 3 multirar files to work, any help ?

The first step to troubleshoot this on your own is to make sure your files are the correct ones. Generate your md5 sums of all 3 files and compare them to the official ones provided with every download. If they are the same, you got the correct data files. After that its just making sure all 3 files are in the same spot and open the first one with either WinRar or Peazip.

:)

@Charon Can you give some insight how autoresolve is calculated for those of us who play with no airgame mod?

Which cannon is the best? The one with the best dps, the one that deals the most total damage, maybe the one with more damage per shot?

What about missiles vs opponents that can dodge? Asking because f17 seems pretty strong at autoresolve(had to decommission them because they are too slow and low ranged though), also 3 foxtrots can autoresolve a light scout for example, meanwhile 1 foxtrot has 1%. Do opponents get a flat amount of missile dodges per fight? Like 1 fighter can dodge 10 missiles per fight, so 1 foxtrot can't beat it but three can with a 100% chance?

Do hitpoints of your aircraft matter?

@sanyaskillpro

Look in gameconfig.xml and ctrl-f for "autoresolve". Theres a few parameters there that give some clues.

From my experience, autoresolve is based on equipped weapon strength versus hp of UFO. Having low fuel (combat time) or less than max HP also gives a penalty.
Missiles and torpedos have a power penalty against dodging ufos, either 1/4 or 1/2 of their listed strength. Thats a really big hit, which is why foxtrots dont do well against fighters.

@thethirteenth1 ok i found it in an aircraftweapons.xml. There's a line called autoresolvestrengthroll, i assume that's it. Still not sure about missiles penalty. Alalanche has 461 power vs 75 in autocannon. Even with 1\4 str it should be better in autoresolve. Checkning gameconfig was interesting too.

Edit: nevermind, i found a video on autoresolve calculator on charon's youtube. That answers my question completely.

Edited by sanyaskillpro

15 hours ago, sanyaskillpro said:

@Charon Can you give some insight how autoresolve is calculated for those of us who play with no airgame mod?

Which cannon is the best? The one with the best dps, the one that deals the most total damage, maybe the one with more damage per shot?

What about missiles vs opponents that can dodge? Asking because f17 seems pretty strong at autoresolve(had to decommission them because they are too slow and low ranged though), also 3 foxtrots can autoresolve a light scout for example, meanwhile 1 foxtrot has 1%. Do opponents get a flat amount of missile dodges per fight? Like 1 fighter can dodge 10 missiles per fight, so 1 foxtrot can't beat it but three can with a 100% chance?

Do hitpoints of your aircraft matter?

People who play with No Airgame have a +70% slapped on every autersolve combat along with some other bonuses.

As of .43, the alien autocannons have the highest autoresolve values, but all in all the values dont differ that much. The difference is something between 90 and 95 - not much.

Hitpoints of your aircraft are a direct multiplier to your value. 10/100 hp mean you only have 10% of the aircraft value left. Same goes for alien UFOs. Ammo count matters too, but is calculated differently.

If you want to look deeper into it than take a look at the autoresolve calculator i published when i set the numbers for X-Division:

This is my oppinion on difficulty settings:

"Who is gonna know at what difficulty they want to play the game on before they played the game"

I think thats even more true for X-Division, where you have to invest countless of hours, just to see that you are on the wrong difficulty.

"This System is utterly outdated" - I totally agree.
Apart from the fact that difficulty level is only adjusted by simple systems of +10% hp, or +20% hp, which actually is something of an excuse of "We dont know what difficulty actually means, sorry" by the developers, i think its time to make a new system. Support X-Division and maybe we might get there one day ;).

( This wont happen for X-Division as we are still bound by the rules of base game, but you get the idea :) )

Watch the whole video.

Edited by Charon

X-Division 0.99.45

Notes:

• X-Divison has gone the step to replace vanilla files. There has been an original file added for every replaced one in case you want to deinstall the mod. In case of doubt make a reinstall of the game or verify game integrity through steam.
  • Before applying patches withdraw all scientists and engineers from their current projects. You can reapply them afterwards.
  • You only need to download and install the latest Patch avaialble, it contains all prior fixes as well.
  • The .44 to .45 version is savegame compatible
  • As a basic rule, never patch during Ground Combat

Installation:

1. The Base for this patch has to be version 0.99.4 or higher. This update is not available for versions lower than 0.99.4
  2. Download the X-Division 0.99.45 Update: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/31-x-division-latest-patch-09945/ ( MD5: 2ed42ccf54e6780aef035dce5a1ad40e )
  3. Deactivate your ANTIVIRUS program, it can intervene with the installation.
  4. Follow the instruction of the installer
  5. After you have used the installer there is no need to change ANYTHING anymore, everything has been taken care of, including scripts, modloader priority, and everything else you may think of. The only time you might want to change something is if you are activating/deactivating No Airgame or change the soldier models. Enjoy :).

DAY 521 Version 0.99.45 "Go easy, take this 3"

• The .45 is a small update over the .44 version
  • Increased recovery after an moral even from 20 to 40
  • Swapped out Xenomorph and Reaper behaviour for a different set
  • Removed passive AI from Terror maps
  • Doubled Chinook speed
  • Decreased proportional stun from actual damage from 50% to 40%
  • Fixed: removed caesan shields from some androns, mostly Phase 4
  • Revised Terror Dreadnaught aircombat weapon loadout

I feel like a total idiot.. Here i read everybody having a great time with this mod,  I am DYING to play this one... But I simply cant. 

I tried to do everything told in the steps to the tee.. I have GOG version, which I believe is the core of my problems. I installed CE properly. It runs perfectly. I downloaded the zip files, unzipped them nicely. Started the installer exe, everything went smooth during installation.. I go to my \asset\mods\xce folder, start my xenonaut.exe as usual.. On the splash launcher it shows x-division logo nicely.. I start the game.. DINK!!!  manu9 something something error.. For gawds sake.. 

I tried this in 3 different computers, in many different uninstall-re-installs (and with those nearly 100k file count neither of those steps are fast enough!).

I checked all forums, it looks i am the only dork who has this problem and cant play the mod :((

Sorry. Just came here to rant, i believe there is no cure for stupidity.  

\

10 hours ago, Charon said:

X-Division 0.99.45

Notes:

• X-Divison has gone the step to replace vanilla files. There has been an original file added for every replaced one in case you want to deinstall the mod. In case of doubt make a reinstall of the game or verify game integrity through steam.
  • Before applying patches withdraw all scientists and engineers from their current projects. You can reapply them afterwards.
  • You only need to download and install the latest Patch avaialble, it contains all prior fixes as well.
  • The .44 to .45 version is savegame compatible
  • As a basic rule, never patch during Ground Combat

Installation:

1. The Base for this patch has to be version 0.99.4 or higher. This update is not available for versions lower than 0.99.4
  2. Download the X-Division 0.99.45 Update: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/31-x-division-latest-patch-09945/ ( MD5: 2ed42ccf54e6780aef035dce5a1ad40e )
  3. Deactivate your ANTIVIRUS program, it can intervene with the installation.
  4. Follow the instruction of the installer
  5. After you have used the installer there is no need to change ANYTHING anymore, everything has been taken care of, including scripts, modloader priority, and everything else you may think of. The only time you might want to change something is if you are activating/deactivating No Airgame or change the soldier models. Enjoy :).

DAY 521 Version 0.99.45 "Go easy, take this 3"

• The .45 is a small update over the .44 version
  • Increased recovery after an moral even from 20 to 40
  • Swapped out Xenomorph and Reaper behaviour for a different set
  • Removed passive AI from Terror maps
  • Doubled Chinook speed
  • Decreased proportional stun from actual damage from 50% to 40%
  • Fixed: removed caesan shields from some androns, mostly Phase 4
  • Revised Terror Dreadnaught aircombat weapon loadout

It might be a small update but some of those are big changes.  Doubling the Chinook speed drastically changes all campaign strategies. For one we no longer need Chinook's in multiple bases, as it now makes the most sense just to head out from the starting base all the time. The location of the bases, and what is built in them, now has a different feel.  It is certainly a change, that takes some adjusting in thinking as it gets rid of the need for multiple squads, though the change will probably seem positive in the end. It just changes my role-play mindset. And this will also help make the Awaks usefull.  Most of the other changes make sense. You guys really want terror missions to be scary don't you. :D And I am afraid of this new Xenomorph behavior.

----------------------

I don't really like the stun change. When I learned that proportional stun actually existed , it made stunning go from seeming tedious to seeming fun and strategic, and this reverses some of that.   It feels like on the one hand you guys have this wonderful damage resistance system , with different aliens having different resistances, requiring your squad to have a wide variety of weapons. Then on the other hand you guys say don't use any of that, and instead just use stun rockets, stun grenades, and batons. But if stunning required getting an alien almost dead, on top of using stun damage equipment, then it makes stunning an addition to the damage system instead of a replacement.

First the game says how Xenomorphs's are vulnerable to fire. Then it makes us feel guilty about setting them on fire, as then we can't get the plating.  (40% proportional stun means we can realistically only apply about 30% to 35%  without killing the enemy which isn't a big help)  Instead setting them on fire (or other damage) to severally injure but not kill should be a requirement, otherwise we would never be able to apply enough raw stun damage to bring them down before  they kill the squad.  So I think the change is actually the reverse that it should be.  Proportional stun damage should be brought up, but pure blue stun damage brought down. Then things like lone stun rockets would never be enough. We would also need to damage the enemy hit by the stun rocket, keeping things more in line with the awesome resistance system,team work theme, and multiple weapon theme of the mod. And I really, really want to set Xenomorph's on fire,and get the plating. Please let us set Xenomorph's on fire guilt free. :cool:

10 hours ago, Charon said:

@Rasputinxxx I think you missed that you have to install the base mod 0.99.4 . If you didnt at least downloaded 8 gb of data and a couple of rar files you are doing it wrong. The zip files are only the small update.

Alas no, my esteemed friend, I downladed nearly 6 GB, when I said zip i was meaning that.. It was 3 parts rar , a total of 6.06 GB btw. I double checked the MD5 of my downloaded files with FCIV tool. They match correctly.   The exe installer performed admirably.  I didnt even apply the further patches, since I couldnt get the base mod 0.99.4 running without that dreaded manu error. :(

3 hours ago, Rasputinxxx said:

Alas no, my esteemed friend, I downladed nearly 6 GB, when I said zip i was meaning that.. It was 3 parts rar , a total of 6.06 GB btw. I double checked the MD5 of my downloaded files with FCIV tool. They match correctly.   The exe installer performed admirably.  I didnt even apply the further patches, since I couldnt get the base mod 0.99.4 running without that dreaded manu error. :(

give me a screenshot of your modloader and your OS.

2 hours ago, Charon said:

give me a screenshot of your modloader and your OS.

I ve actually given up and uninstalled it and deleted the directory, but since you are giving me a sliver of hope I re-did everything (nth time):

I reinstalled  it from GOG Galaxy to drive C. I checked the game, it worked.. I selected "xce-0.34.1.zip" from mod list of original game. It activated the mod. I closed original the modloader.  I went to assets\mods\xce and started xenonauts.exe there. From modloader I installed "xcemods.zip" which activated the rest of X:CE stuff. I started the game from XCE loader, it works. I closed the game, started the "X-Division 0.99.40.exe" selected "advanced" and directed the installer to my main "xenonauts" folder. The installation went without a hitch again. I went back to assets\mods\xce and started the xenonauts.exe there. The modloader with x-division showed up perfectly. I click the play x-division button.. I wait.. DINK..ERROR. manu something something is not a blablabla.. 

Modloader is attached. I didnt touch anything after the installer exe did its work. Everything above number 10 is "not activated" 

I am a little confused about what you mean about OS... My OS is windows 10. None the less, I am attaching a "System" screen capture just in case. Please forgive me if this was not what you meant. 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I dont know what to do with this feedback so im bringing it in the midst of our community.

JorginGAMEPLAYS 1 hour ago

Charon Charon, I hate you so much for making this Mod that made me get angry many times but at the same time I love you for making this beautiful and complex mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTLpAkfbhVE&lc=z23ai5rrckmnef14p04t1aokgiftshwoudufr4qqofwhrk0h00410

Sophia Hunt 3 hours ago

Can the campaign be played without capturing aliens? I don´t like bringing dozen shield guys with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wA7zAjiGAU&lc=z23tytcoupy2vjznracdp43btl2zsxekeqxay2m3d3tw03c010c

Maybe you can help them.

Edited by Charon

For the next version:

New Antimatter Weapon Profile

Specificiations:  Low dmg, High mitigation, high acc, high reload costs, normal ammo but high weight for additional packs, the perfect complimentary weapon to your main damag, no recoil, rookie friendly if they dont have to reload the weapon, low weapon weight, the "ultimate" Weapon, except against shields

Advantages: Good against high armoured units because antimatter weapon ignore armour, critical hit chance, highly accurate, beginner friendly, this weapons are meant to kill things without much fuss

Disadvantages: Bad against shields of all sorts because of the low damage, high manufacture requirements, basically every weapon will have a unique name on it

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

I'm playing the very latest version of the mod installed from scratch and I've got some problems:

1) I have a soldier (not very experienced, 3 kills, 3 ground combats) that cannot reload his weapon.

I tried it with the laser shotgun mk3, rocket launcher, and now he carries a plasma cannon mk3 and the reaper armor and he is not overloaded so he has enough TUs.

After he is out of the ammo, I have to let him drop his weapon and have it reloaded by another soldier.

2) The plasma cannon mk3 (I didn't try previous versions) has VARIBLE amount of ammo. Sometimes  I see 6 ammo, sometimes 4.

3) Smart weapons of aliens (e.g. smart rifles) don't seem to deal any damage to soldiers. And to aliens as well when I let my soldiers take and use it.

I had a few questions i was looking for answers to.

1. I'm starting to get plasma weapons and i believe i'm in phase 2. Is this ok or about what ships/weapons should i have?
2. I've encountered the xenomorph that explodes with very little damage...i've tried using stun battons and alien lightning weapons but no luck capturing it before it explodes, is it supposed to be able to be captured?
3. Are there any youtube series of this that anyone might recommend for me to watch for tips?
4. As i said previously i believe i'm in stage 2. I have 3 bases for interception and a fourth in the works, is this ok?
5. Should i have multiple landing parties? Currently i only have one base that with a chinook(still haven't found an upgrade) that i send a team out from, should i run multiple teams?  Should i have better then the chinook?
6. I've researched all the lightning weapons i've found but still stuck with batons, do i ever get lightning weapons of my own?

7.  Are stages dependent on time or by research you perform?

8.  Per wave of enemy ships, about how many are we expected to shoot down/raid?

Loving the game so far though :D

Edited by Ingeras Kurai

On ‎16‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 10:17 AM, Ingeras Kurai said:

I had a few questions i was looking for answers to.

1. I'm starting to get plasma weapons and i believe i'm in phase 2. Is this ok or about what ships/weapons should i have?
2. I've encountered the xenomorph that explodes with very little damage...i've tried using stun battons and alien lightning weapons but no luck capturing it before it explodes, is it supposed to be able to be captured?
3. Are there any youtube series of this that anyone might recommend for me to watch for tips?
4. As i said previously i believe i'm in stage 2. I have 3 bases for interception and a fourth in the works, is this ok?
5. Should i have multiple landing parties? Currently i only have one base that with a chinook(still haven't found an upgrade) that i send a team out from, should i run multiple teams?  Should i have better then the chinook?
6. I've researched all the lightning weapons i've found but still stuck with batons, do i ever get lightning weapons of my own?

7.  Are stages dependent on time or by research you perform?

8.  Per wave of enemy ships, about how many are we expected to shoot down/raid?

Loving the game so far though :D

Trying to answer some of your questions.

1. I personally would skip plasma. In my playthrough I only used (in phase 2): 

shield guy - MAG SMG

rifles: MAG rifles

sniper: laser sniper (I preferred the large range over the better damage of MAG/pulse).

carbines: MAG carbines

heavys: Laser minigun (MAG does way more damage, but has only 4 rounds per magazine - laser minigun magazines let you shoot 10 times, which was more important for me than damage)

There are other good weapons too - but for me this was the best combination.

2. It is possible to capture all Xenomorphs. For example (capturing a xenomorph warrior, using stun baton and laser carbines): https://youtu.be/GPzqktY5-us?t=2157

3. I would recommend my playthrough :) see signature. It is done in German language.

4. Sounds well.

5. For me only one landing party was ok, at least until the end of phase 3 (which is my current playthrough state).

6. No.

7. It is just time. Basically. Your research doesn't matter. But time can be shortened by letting aliens performing well - like let them build and supply bases.

8. I played my playthough without airgame most of the time (used mod easy/no airgame). You can down most enemy ships (= all with the exception of some terror ships). I raided not more than 2 per wave (you need some time for flying to crashsites and back and for healing between the waves).

Edited by Marandor1
  • Like 2

Just two things that may be bugs...

1.  Roboreapers, are they supposed to have two shields?  The ones that pop the knockout gas when they're destroyed.

2.  Tier 2 Andron Leader.  Twice(two seperate missions) when they were the last remaining unit damaging them caused the mission to end without them being killed and no body to recover.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:01 AM, Ingeras Kurai said:

Just two things that may be bugs...

1.  Roboreapers, are they supposed to have two shields?  The ones that pop the knockout gas when they're destroyed.

2.  Tier 2 Andron Leader.  Twice(two seperate missions) when they were the last remaining unit damaging them caused the mission to end without them being killed and no body to recover.

1. yes

2. andron units with shieds (leaders, servers, hubs, etc) have to be destroyed before you kill the last unit on the map, otherwise they will teleport away and you will not get anything. 

• Like 2