[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Quick question, what am I supposed to do when half of my team flees on the second turn (without taking any fire) followed by the second half of the team fleeing on the following turn and then this cycle continues. Not only can I not even attempt the mission I cant even evacuate because they're all fleeing and running straight into the enemy. For the sake of information: Its my first terror mission and they are all pvt rank. If the fact they are privates and its a terror mission is the answer to my question then this seems like a pretty silly design choice. Doesn't make the mission difficult makes it impossible.

I've been away from Xenonauts for well over a year now, and all I can say is "Awesome" :D Absolutely love it, even though I am abysmal at the air game lol. It has changed a lot, and is quiet a challenge, keep up the good work everyone, I'm looking forward to the full final release of X-Division.

On a side note, does anyone know if Drages is okay? that would be good to know. I hope he's okay and hasn't been caught up in the stuff happening in Turkey.

• Like 1

@Charon I have a quick question - I believe that I copied your load order to the letter and I was getting an issue where certain aircraft weapons, e.g. Fighter Beam, Mauser and Spear Cannon were not selectable to equip. I assumed this was a bug but could not find anything about it. When I researched the Gatling Laser I could select that weapon.

Anyway to cut a long story short I reinstalled clean and the problem still existed, so I moved the Fix pack above X-Division and now I can select the weapons. It appears that there is an aircraftweapons.xml in the Fix pack and I assume that must be overriding those defined in the X-Division aircraftweapons.xml.

Is this something unique to me? I can't find any information from others having this issue. Do I somehow have a weird version of the fix pack? I downloaded all files from this forum.

Modloader image attached, *after* I moved the Fix pack to the top, if I move it below X-Division i don't get those aircraft weapons.

I've deleted internal scripts folders prior to doing anything and after doing anything.

Do you have any idea why this is the case? Thank you for working on this mod :-)

EDIT: Just to note I am using GOG version.

modloader.png

Edited by jayc82
Clarity

@jayc82

Hi, and welcome to X-Division.

Charons Changes is missing as #1.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh. @Solver See what im dealing with daily ? Another Xenonauts Fix Pack bug. Hurray, because, Steam doesnt delete non needed files for GOG users. And Nexus does exist too, with a very harmful version.

Anyway. @jayc82. The correct fix pack has no aircombatweapons.xml, otherwise its not the 1.41X version. But the point is, 1. get a wrong version 2. overwrite with newer version 3. harmful files stay = not good.

@Solver The mod pack on the forum still has the Fix Pack version 1.41. Pls fix :).

@jayc82 Dunno what you can do if you want to play the .40 version. The .41 version is available with an installer which fixes everything, so try it out :). Otherwise you will have to wait until Solver uploaded the correct files, because as unfunny as it sounds, but the fixed version 1.41X is actually nowhere available if you are not on Steam XD :D.
I just realised every GOG users who wants to play X-Division .40 has this problem. But hey, thats why we made version .41 with an installer :).

Edited by Charon

@CharonThanks for the information, I didn't use Charons changes due to the fact it bumped up my crouch cost to 10 TU ;-) I will try .41 out and see how I get on.

Really loving the mod, i've just got to phase 2 on veteran and I think I'm going have to start again.. the UFO's are so tough now! So that is a perfect time to try out .41

Thank you!

• Like 1

@CharonThanks for the information, I didn't use Charons changes due to the fact it bumped up my crouch cost to 10 TU ;-) I will try .41 out and see how I get on.

Really loving the mod, i've just got to phase 2 on veteran and I think I'm going have to start again.. the UFO's are so tough now!

I love challenging games - so thank you for your role in making one.

EDIT: I can see exactly what you mean now, the fix pack in the xce mods rar is different to the one provided in x-division... I will delete all mods provided by xce mod pack and re-extract them from the x-division rar just in case!

1 minute ago, jayc82 said:

EDIT: I can see exactly what you mean now, the fix pack in the xce mods rar is different to the one provided in x-division... I will delete all mods provided by xce mod pack and re-extract them from the x-division rar just in case!

Just the Fix one is fine, i think. The other needed mods are not in X-Division.

@Charon I did what you recommended then after used the .41 upgrade installer, worked perfectly, everything appears to be working as expected now! thank you very much. No crashes, no missing text, everything seems to be as it should be. 

I restarted from the beginning again, did .41 make any changes other than the installer and some bugfixes? I had a look for the changelog on the 3rd post of this thread but that seems go up to .40. 

Maybe now that my installation is as it should be that's why I'm feeling like this game just got harder haha ;-)

@jayc82 Well that could be because .41 changes the AI a lot. The Changelog is under the 3.4 Latest Patch. Here is a copy paste.

DAY 256 Version 0.99.41 "Make Thy Enemies Stronger"

• The AI made an 180
  • alien weapons got totally revised for accuracy and aim sets
  • The UFO crew has been revised - created stage 2 and 3 for UFO GroundCombat, the fight for the UFO and the command room
  • New armour class system: Scout Class, Soldier Class, Tank Class, Scout-Chemical Class. Different armours provide different bonuses to contemplate the role the unit takes on in the battlefield
  • halfed the selling price for alien interceptors
  • Grenade throwing mechanisms have been revised - more accurate but lower range
  • Psionic units capabilities have been capped for phase 3 and 4 units ( lowered )
  • finished the human heavy interceptor design, the aircraft should now work as expected ( untested )
  • added view range and night bonus to the armour in the xenopedia
  • changed how androns spawn dogs
  • appended drops from andron terror units to the appropriate robodog units
  • added robodog death sound
  • revised defensive AI, thats the AI responisble for defending the UFO or alien bases
  • hyperions ground images got fixed
  • increased alien numbers in alien bases
  • decreased all human and alien interecptor anti missile coodlown to 0.3 seconds, they should be a fun and fast weapon only limited by the maximum ammo now
  • decreased and changed all long range aircraft weapons and engagement ranges for UFO encounters, this mainly concerns long range torpedos and mines
  • Increased fear damage from 50% to 60%
  • Increased fear strenght from 1.4 to 2.0
  • Decreased paralysis range from 6 to 1
  • Decreased mind control range from 6 to 1
  • Decreased xenomorph sound effects from 1.0 to 0.7
  • increased shield hitpoints
  • Added Phase 3 and 4 alternative mk3 weapon requirements
  • Weapon manufacture revised, mk3 weapons now need additional cores to get constructed
  • Like 1

@Charon I am liking the changes to the AI, it makes much more sense now, they are less likely to just run out of the ufo, instead they guard it much like what would happen in reality. My first encounter was a normal scout which i intercepted whilst landed, sebillian, was a difficult mission because those flamer rifles are pretty accurate in sebillian hands; i ended the mission early to just capture the ufo because the remaining guys were way to strong and i was running low on ammo.

Second mission was caesan normal scout once again, light scouts seem to be pretty uncommon so far, although i guess that is random - this one was very hard (caesan are usually easy for me) but I managed to grab a lightning rifle, capture a medic, a technician and a couple of xenomorphs. Not bad! all my units are in the infirmary now though.

Comparatively it feels harder than before, which is great - previously on veteran I blitzed through phase 1, now I can see it taking a while to do the ground combat, which is how it should be. Excellent work ;-)

EDIT: Thanks for the changelog, sorry I missed it!

Edited by jayc82
  • Like 1

Im loving the mod, the amount of content, the level of estrategy. but i am having a slight bump in phase 2......

Are androns (and specially the cyberdogs) supposed to be so resistant? like for example it takes almost an entire magazine of a mk3 laser rifle to kill one.

i am supposed to kill them only with grenades? because is the only weapon i feel makes damage in some way to them until now

maybe im doing something wrong but im not finding a way to fight androns without using all my 8 soldier TUs in one (or 2-3 using grenades).

@Corsnake I haven't tried it yet in .41 but in .40 i found that the green androns were vulnerable to close fire from a hunter with gatling laser (or other vehicle), 1 or 2 squares away always did the trick. Emp also works well, e.g. shock rifles or even stun batons, although with high hp it's not much good unless you have a stun baton per person.

I tend to use alenium grenades on them and alenium rockets.. and take down the cyberdogs with my vehicle.

• Like 1

GOG + latest XCE version + .41 mod: sometimes freezes during loading of GC saves from GC missions, today even a GC save (a terror mission in this case) from the main menu. The second try after killing the process and restarting it again was OK. Strange. Something not initialized fast enough?

Also many errors in log file about MODEMERGE of laser weapons:

Sun Sep 10 13:08:07 2017: Xenonauts, version .
Sun Sep 10 13:08:07 2017: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0300
Sun Sep 10 13:09:27 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre
Sun Sep 10 13:09:27 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for units/xenonaut/armour.jackal/weapon.laserrifle/soldier_spectre.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.
Sun Sep 10 13:09:27 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre
Sun Sep 10 13:09:27 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for units/xenonaut/armour.jackal/weapon.laserprecision/soldier_spectre.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.
Sun Sep 10 13:10:50 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre
Sun Sep 10 13:10:50 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for units/xenonaut/armour.jackal/weapon.laserrifle/soldier_spectre.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.
Sun Sep 10 13:10:50 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre
Sun Sep 10 13:10:50 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for units/xenonaut/armour.jackal/weapon.laserprecision/soldier_spectre.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.
Sun Sep 10 13:31:07 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre
Sun Sep 10 13:31:07 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for units/xenonaut/armour.jackal/weapon.laserpistol/soldier_spectre.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.
Sun Sep 10 13:37:42 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre

Mod loading order attached (all Yes options displayed).

Xenonauts-X-Division-0.99.41.png

@DDTerr Your logfile shows nothing of interest, just some graphical stuff which causes nothing, but maybe different models.

Your modloader is correct. Dont use 1. Autosaves 2. Quicksaves, manual saves only. If that doesnt work deactivate COM - Ambient Sounds.

Edit: The freezing load of GC from GC, sometimes even from different campaigns is unpredictable. Its something even we have. First thing is deactivating all ambient sound mods like the one above to increase stability. And then the next best option is to not load around too much. It doesnt cause any harm but crashes every now and then.

Edited by Charon

@Charon You know a while back when the installer for .41 was released, some people were having issues with it crashing? I think I know why - if you just extract the update .exe from the zip without the supporting assets.7z it will crash - which is understandable, but I guess that's what people were doing. People might not know to run it directly from the archive application, e.g. winrar and it will extract those files to the temp folder. Just thought i'd let you know ;-)

Edited by jayc82
Clarity

5 minutes ago, jayc82 said:

@Charon You know a while back when the installer for .41 was released, some people were having issues with it crashing? I think I know why - if you just extract the update .exe from the zip without the supporting assets.7z it will crash - which is understandable, but I guess that's what people were doing. People might not know to run it directly from the archive application, e.g. winrar and it will extract those files to the temp folder. Just thought i'd let you know ;-)

No, it was because some code didnt compress images because i saved them as a directory instead of an direct compression mode. The result is the images folder you can see in .41 which are externally saved so the installer can access them in this way. But thx for looking into it anyway :). And yes, if you split the update nothings working, which is understandable :).

4 hours ago, C. jejuni said:

I saw in a thread for an older version that Fire In the Hole! would be included in X-Division by use of high explosives, but I can't seem to effect anything when trying to blow up a UFO's hull. Was the feature removed again, or am I doing something wrong?

Fire in the hole is not available for X-Division 0.99 .

Sorry if this has been asked before but:
How do I load an alenium rocket (or any non default rocket) into the rocketlauncher in the equipment screen? I remember doing that with stun rockets in the vanilla game, but I can't seem to do it here. Is it because they are a limited resource? I don't want to drag normal rockets into a fight when I got enough alenium rockets.

Awesome mod though, keep up the good work!

9 hours ago, Jarlek said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but:
How do I load an alenium rocket (or any non default rocket) into the rocketlauncher in the equipment screen? I remember doing that with stun rockets in the vanilla game, but I can't seem to do it here. Is it because they are a limited resource? I don't want to drag normal rockets into a fight when I got enough alenium rockets.

Awesome mod though, keep up the good work!

Equipt the rocket launcher and drag a rocket over it.

Just a quick question: are there benefits to catching the same unit type of alien twice, or can I resume to killing them on sight after catching a live specimen for vivisection?

Edit: Ok, already realised I get more ressources from "disassembling" live specimen.

Edited by C. jejuni