[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

12 hours ago, Charon said:

Androns. Good luck ;).

How to stun Androns when i saw in tips 100x  that stun damage cant do nothing with robot units ? Emp granades ? I dont have them and i dont know how to get them.

there are soooo many research things to do, like you wrote 1000 of them ( and i love that )  . it would be nice if we have some kind of research tree, because for us who didnt made this mod, is  really hard to remember all that stuff... 

9 hours ago, Redsky said:

How to stun Androns when i saw in tips 100x  that stun damage cant do nothing with robot units ? Emp granades ? I dont have them and i dont know how to get them.

there are soooo many research things to do, like you wrote 1000 of them ( and i love that )  . it would be nice if we have some kind of research tree, because for us who didnt made this mod, is  really hard to remember all that stuff... 

You dont need to stun Androns (its imposible), just research Andron units to get a new armor, Andron Hub Disassemble for Wolf armor, Andron Server Disassemble for Direwolf armor, and so on. As far as i know there is no X-Division research tree, but maybe i just cant find it.

24 minutes ago, Sober_Nick said:

You dont need to stun Androns (its imposible), just research Andron units to get a new armor, Andron Hub Disassemble for Wolf armor, Andron Server Disassemble for Direwolf armor, and so on. As far as i know there is no X-Division research tree, but maybe i just cant find it.

But i have 40 scientists, i killed many many Androns, i did andon, andron hub and guard disassmbly... still no new armour ?!

10 minutes ago, Redsky said:

But i have 40 scientists, i killed many many Androns, i did andon, andron hub and guard disassmbly... still no new armour ?!

You have to research some other things to, i dont remember all the needs for the next armor, i gues andron computers and alien electronics or somthing like that.

13 hours ago, Redsky said:

There is none. We make the mod but everything else is community driven. You can make one.

4 hours ago, Redsky said:

3 hours ago, Sober_Nick said:

You have to research some other things to, i dont remember all the needs for the next armor, i gues andron computers and alien electronics or somthing like that.

Researches.AlienAlloyFabrication(AND)Researches.CaesanengineerInterrogation(AND)Researches.SebillianengineerInterrogation(AND)Researches.AndronDisassembly

Hey Guys,

I have been away for a while (holiday), but I will be back soon - I would not mind kicking some aliens' butts now... 

@Charon Just a quick one - I have never paid attention to it before, but I have recently re-started and I am in Phase 2 now and I just noticed that mu beloved Hunter car has disappeared from my workshop...I used to spam them like crazy and going kamikaze in each mission, I cannot really do that with Defenders...is that somehow intended or just a weird bug? Hunter + allenium missile is about 12k (so nothing) and light fibers are in short supply.

Thanks!

By the way - where is Drages? RL issues?

35 minutes ago, Charon said:

@Suave No, we didnt remove the hunter.

@drages has officially retired.

Thanks Charon,

Drages retired? So you da boss now?

What I meant was that upon moving to phase 2 at some point (new research completed perhaps?) Hunter disappeared from the Workshop - been and gone now... might have to restart again lol.

Yup, im the boss now. Drages transfered all rights to me. Although i would have appreciated if he could have stayed. RL issues forced him to lie down the work on X-Division.

@bugs Well that shouldnt happen. But you know you can hand in a bug report and i can look at it.

@Suave

Edited by Charon

17 hours ago, Charon said:

Yup, im the boss now. Drages transfered all rights to me. Although i would have appreciated if he could have stayed. RL issues forced him to lie down the work on X-Division.

@bugs Well that shouldnt happen. But you know you can hand in a bug report and i can look at it.

@Suave

All hail Charon!!! Long live the king!:D:D

For the record, the three download links don't work. I click them and they bring up a picture  of the download links. Could be a joke, but not a very funny one honestly xD

The link to the separate page with download hyperlinks works, but there used to be buttons that took you to the downloads themselves. Just curious as to why that changed. Also, when did MEGA start preventing you from downloading files after a certain point if you didnt have a sub?

Edited by Edren

5 hours ago, Edren said:

For the record, the three download links don't work. I click them and they bring up a picture  of the download links. Could be a joke, but not a very funny one honestly xD

Couldnt reproduce this but the forum changes the link once you enter it.

https://mega.nz/#!lEoRybCT!lx4c06TFhfe4XekTCmO6hEKwLriNS76F-NgAUx-6_tU - is what i write
https://mega.nz/?!lEoRybCT!lx4c06TFhfe4XekTCmO6hEKwLriNS76F-NgAUx-6_tU - is the thing the forum takes

This leads to a total different page but is not our side to fix. @Solver can you take a look at what is going wrong ? Once you enter the external links they get changed to the second variant which is something else entirely.

Copy and pasting the links in the description still work.

5 hours ago, Edren said:

Also, when did MEGA start preventing you from downloading files after a certain point if you didnt have a sub?

Thats your country. They are slowly restricting access to free data sharing wherever they can. Having secrets is nothing what goverments like. So enjoy it while it lasts. In Brazil you can only download 2gb per 24 hours.

To get a basic understanding of whats going on watch this video: 

Edited by Charon

Hey all. I love the mod. It's great, it's giving me tons of fun and headache. Missions are difficult, some impossible, but that's to be expected. What I do find a bit over the top is the situation that I encountered yesterday. I shot down phase 2 light scout. It did give me a headache with it's short ranged plasma bomb, but that's okay. What is not okay, what really broke immersion for me for that mission is that it contained no less than 26 aliens.  

Yup, you read that right, shuttle with maybe 18 free squares contained no less than 26 aliens. Couple of those were no less than xenomorph queen and marble warrior. Where did they put them during flight?! how did such a small craft carry so many aliens? And, no, I don't belive they were all in stasis or something. 

Perhaps caesan was holding xenomorph in his laps petting him like cat? Well, try to pet cat for 10 hours that it took me to shoot it down and let me know what happens.

I don't mind losing mission or soldier or craft, I really don't, but this feels waaay over the top. Landing ship had that many aliens. Luckily my a squad was on the scene and lost just one rookie. 

Images are uploaded.

2017-08-28_124843.jpg

2017-08-28_103254.jpg

2 hours ago, ObiMark said:

Yup, you read that right, shuttle with maybe 18 free squares contained no less than 26 aliens. Couple of those were no less than xenomorph queen and marble warrior. Where did they put them during flight?! how did such a small craft carry so many aliens? And, no, I don't belive they were all in stasis or something. 

it was not 26 aliens, the X-Div team counts the human exploded parts too ... yes gross. If your ship had 6 xenomoprhs than the human host part 1 gets counted ( 6 ), part 2 ( 6 ) and the actual xenomorphs ( 6 ). So 6 xenomorphs become 18 alien units when the forensic team arrives on the scene of crime, provided you succeeded the mission.

So a possible unit count is 6 xenomorph and 8 caesan, but there could be more xenomorphs too, like 8 xenomorph and 5 caesan. Cramped, yes, possible nonetheless.

Ah, tnx for clarification. Still, it seems far too cramped for a small shuttle, especially since queen is present. she alone weighs far too much for that shuttle to dodge the way it dodges. Can you imagine the scene where pilot rolls the shuttle around with queen and marble warriors all inside? I can practically trace his thought pattern:

Incoming missile -> has shuttle recovered from previous roll -> no     -> accept the missile hit

-> yes  -> roll the craft again -> disregard laws of physics, queen won't mind

1 hour ago, ObiMark said:

Ah, tnx for clarification. Still, it seems far too cramped for a small shuttle, especially since queen is present. she alone weighs far too much for that shuttle to dodge the way it dodges. Can you imagine the scene where pilot rolls the shuttle around with queen and marble warriors all inside? I can practically trace his thought pattern:

Incoming missile -> has shuttle recovered from previous roll -> no     -> accept the missile hit

-> yes  -> roll the craft again -> disregard laws of physics, queen won't mind

Thats the reason the bio weapons get transported in hosts, or in the queens case in a praetor. They get transported in an incapacitated state with optional additional restrains.

The lore is deeper than you think.

And the physical laws on the UFO are fine, they have miniature trusters all over the hull to do a dancing tango midair if they want to.

Edited by Charon

sadly all the Lore I encountered did not mention, hosts, restraints or praetor.

But  even if bio weapons are transported in hosts, they cannot grow to such sizes without consuming at least equal weight in organic matter and that's assuming 1:1 ratio in consuming:growing -which itself is highly doubtful. What I'm trying to say is you cannot grow to 100kg by eating 80kg. Unless some physics laws are broken. 

So in one case the shuttle is carrying enough matter to grow bioweapons to let's say combined weight of 3 tonnes in which case it's overloaded, and in other case it's carrying already grown bioweapons in which case it's overstuffed.

The shuttle is simply too small for that many occupants/weight.

3 minutes ago, ObiMark said:

sadly all the Lore I encountered did not mention, hosts, restraints or praetor.

The lore hasnt been written yet.

The UFO has 14 tiles free, the data says it doesnt exceed the space limit. If a grown queen fits into a 1 tile space there is enough room to bunker whatever you need. And like i pointed out earlier WEIGHT does not play a role into this. The Spaceships have enough energy in the reactor to make it do anything, even carrying an naval aircraft carrier into space if needed.

Nobody said its a good idea that they cramp it that much, but hey, thats how they roll.

how can weight not play role? inertia is based on mass and weight. sure, they could carry naval carrier in space - and we're talking about atmospheric flight here not space, so all those little details like gravity and friction come into play -  but they wouldn't be able to turn it on a dime, and certainly they couldn't perform a roll. 

unless they have their inertial dampeners to full.

and if the Lore wasn't written yet... how am I supposed to know it?

Edited by ObiMark

3 hours ago, ObiMark said:

how can weight not play role? inertia is based on mass and weight. sure, they could carry naval carrier in space - and we're talking about atmospheric flight here not space, so all those little details like gravity and friction come into play -  but they wouldn't be able to turn it on a dime, and certainly they couldn't perform a roll. 

4 hours ago, Charon said:

The Spaceships have enough energy in the reactor to make it do anything, even carrying an naval aircraft carrier INTO space if needed.

This means from the sea to the space without air.

About rolling: I dont really think the rolling manouver is visually an accurate depiction of what is happening, especially not for human aircraft whatsoever. This would be an more accurate representation:

Unbenannt.png

But hey its a game.

The reactors provide pretty much unlimited energy and as long as the thrusters are strong enough to cope with the power level there you have your physical explanation for everything. And i say they are strong enough.

3 hours ago, ObiMark said:

and if the Lore wasn't written yet... how am I supposed to know it?

You dont. I think we are getting a little offtrack here.

You said there was not enough space to transport all these units. I told you there are 14 avaiable spots for an light shuttle to carry around troops, and the actual amount of troops which get shipped does not exceed 14, although the victory screen tells you something different.

So here we go, a (near ) 100% physical explanation for everything and the troop slots for UFOs, all explained. So lets concentrate on that this is an awesome game which is not unrealistic in any way :).

Edited by Charon