[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

10 hours ago, kngo89 said:

Hello I am new to X-Division. I can't seem to get medkits to work correctly. Whenever I equip anyone with medkits, I am unable to use or see them. I have reinstalled and tried to reorder the mods in the correct order. Is anyone else having issues with this?

Image 1.JPG

20161209214510_1.jpg

I cant seem to find the issue here, but as you can see on numerals examples on youtube there is no such thing for a correct install.

Keep in mind that changes dont get applied to GC saves, so if you want to see the difference you have to load a geoscape save and then go into the battle.

5 hours ago, CaptnCranky said:

I like the mod so far a lot, but I think the fire didn't get much love in it. It burns out to quickly for my taste and it doesn't spread to other tiles.

I remember in original X-com, especially Apocalypse fire was a viable tactical solution to every situation. I could fire some incendiary ammo into a building and just watch the world burn down around me.

Maybe it just me, but I'm missing that in this game.

Cheers!

Due to fire being hardcoded and the fact that fire + smoke slows down even the most powerful computer to a snail we are perfectly fine with the current setup.

Although i like fire too :), especially in the night.

Hi team!

Now start phase 3. So some new (or not) points below.

-Bug – cannot use sonic minigan (VW)

-Since I keep one alien base from game start it grow up to fortes, and in the middle of phase 2, I capture it. As result I take sonic weapon, preator (live), and some other things from phase (4)?

-as for me prod mechanic is rly disbalansed. Minigans and canons not uber weapons for all categories. Yep probably not bad… But to produce them – price in core is to high. And it similar with all other team higest weapons. 

-as I say before AM 1/2 pistol is OP! super long range, 16%AP, high demage, penetration…

I try all oter postols and smg, but no any reasons to use them. (in same moment AM sniper crap, during high ammo weight, rifle ok, minigan so-so)

Armors.

-Why do not allow use RL in predator armor?

-sentinel armor – as for me not better then alfawolf. Since alfa give ap bonus.

Shock grenades. - is great weapon, especially in new craft system (when taking warriors is also needed time to time). And as for me they make shock weapons, and buttons unusable

Hey there!

So I'm getting further in the game and I had a question and some minor issue ( exept some ramdom crash... )

First, when the phase 4 is supose to start? I was looking for it in the .xml files but found nothing. I'm in august right now, maybe I'm lacking patience? 

Secondly while checking the weapon-gc.xml to check new weapons ( Did I say I'm lacking patience?) I discovered some differences with the ingame stats.

For example, the mag carbine MK1:

- in weapon_gc it says mitigation = 9

- in the gear setup screen mitigation = 0

- and in xenopedia mitigation = undefined ( well it says indefinis coz it's french so maybe not relevant)

I think there were other weapon like that but I'm not sure .

And thirdly the hyperion tank is really weird, the sprite is not the good one when it have a machinegun like pulse machinegun. The sprite looks like a light tank with an offset from the center of his 3x3 tiles.

but when I use rockets or a plama bolt, the sprite is the correct one.

2 hours ago, Krivers said:

First, when the phase 4 is supose to start? I was looking for it in the .xml files but found nothing. I'm in august right now, maybe I'm lacking patience? 

At 1100 ATP. Endgame is supposed to start at 1250. There is no definite rule for all of this, as difficulty and player performance influence the speed the invasion progresses.

6 hours ago, Krivers said:

Secondly while checking the weapon-gc.xml to check new weapons ( Did I say I'm lacking patience?) I discovered some differences with the ingame stats.

For example, the mag carbine MK1:

- in weapon_gc it says mitigation = 9

- in the gear setup screen mitigation = 0

- and in xenopedia mitigation = undefined ( well it says indefinis coz it's french so maybe not relevant)

Fixed. 0 will be the correct value in the future.

3 minutes ago, zlodeische said:

probably not bad idea add some special weapons like emp canon? 

It's great idea to add EMP weapons to vehicles. (But charon gets very angry when i plan to add something, so ask it to charon directly, he loves our fans more then me..)

one more piont now at ph3 - i have more than 1000 light fibre, and no any way to use it. in ph1 light fibre is hard to recive, and produce. probably not bad - rise lf from ph1/2 aliens, and reduce (especialy from androns) for ph3

also predator series armor - maybe ad some melee weapons? now any guy may give up weapon from alien body, when ammo go end, exept unluck dudes in predator armor

Mulligan is playing on veteran, and now we can see why the game might be difficult and decouraging for some people.

This is why we set the recommended difficulty to easy for now.

Whats the recommended starting difficulty ?

Easy. Always start on easy. The game gets harder and more punishing the whole way through the campaign. The only difference is your starting point.

Once you get a grip on the difficulty and learned some basic features you can fell free to move up, but do so moderately, unless you like to get punsihed for your mistakes

This diificulty is punishing, and like a toddler you have to learn a lot

Difficulty settings:

Easy:
This setting is for newcomers, for veteran players, for X-COM enthusiasts and for JOHN CENA. No, seriously start with this difficulty, once you get a hang of it you are free to move up.

Normal:
Read the easy difficulty description.
This difficulty is for players who have a 20 year experience in X-COM, played the hell out of any other X-COM or XCOM game, played Long War on the insane diificulty and beat it with ease, or who grasped the basic principles of X-Division, and beat the second phase of the game with a good prospect of continuation.

Veteran:
Read the easy difficulty description.
The mod was created for this difficulty and the aliens will operate at 100%% efficiency. This is the difficulty for balance testers. Select this difficulty if you have a decent amount of experience and what to feel the intended experience had on and dont fear the consequences head on.

Insane:
Read the easy difficulty.
This is insane. If you beat the game and still havent felt the burn already you can try this difficulty. Its just a harder version of veteran.

Ehh... Charon, Drages... little bad wish-))) To have an ability to make 1-tile cyber-melee soldier anti-melee for our side-))) High chemica and armor def-))) could act as mobile shield and cut to parts any of that alien insurgents-)))

ps. still got no idea what i made wrong with adding new civs to ground combat... sem that numbers are preset to maps (alien ship) sizes, so overal numbers even in div-x files doen't show right ones - many times that numbers are highly bigger or smaller than placed at the specifyed files

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

1 hour ago, Kirill Selivanov said:

ps. still got no idea what i made wrong with adding new civs to ground combat... sem that numbers are preset to maps (alien ship) sizes, so overal numbers even in div-x files doen't show right ones - many times that numbers are highly bigger or smaller than placed at the specifyed files

The number of civilian are stored for each map individually, so if it is no -1 its an individual number.

1 hour ago, Kirill Selivanov said:

Charon and why then we need a special files, that add numbers of civs and frienly ai plus describe the weaponry that they use?

In case a map has "-1" as a code line it uses the global numbers, the one you changed. Due to popular map makers not using this system its not used.

3 minutes ago, Kirill Selivanov said:

hm... it more clear... and that mean that i need some more understanding. For example we have wonderful tropical jungle tileset... so what files i need to look in first?

The map ones.

<levelmap defaultSpectre="" width="50" height="90" numberOfCivilians="0" numberOfFriendlyAI="0"> is what you are looking for.