Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.34.2] X-Division 0.99 Beta

1,764 posts in this topic

Just now, Suave said:

Of course,

It stops working, I have tried running it as  administrator, turn off Avast, still the same.

Just now, Suave said:

Strange, my specs did not paste in here....

Just now, Suave said:

Windows 10 Home Edition version 1703 OS build 15063.483

Intell Core i-5 6500CPU @ 3.2 Ghz

8gb ram

64-bit

Just now, Suave said:

Soory, got "Programme stopped working" message, same as axemangeorge. I do not seem to be able to copy from Snipping Tools in here...

@Phoenix1x+52 managed to cut down the problem with okhams razors. Because of that we should now have a working installer. So I would ask everybody to download the installer again and to make an correct installation of the latest patch. Thank you for your patience.

Pheonix & Charon

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Charon said:

Could you please go into a bit more detail ? Like specs, error message, when did it appear ?

Did this earlier -- see about 3 messages above. Please let me know if I can shed further details. 

to Charon

X-Division 0.99.41 Update.zip MD5SUM=a9e16d6951dff9f0ce49d6807659bb66  Change please!

The tank can not be destroyed inside the ship?

This is the second tank, the first was destroyed outside.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Edited by vasig

10 hours ago, Charon said:

@Phoenix1x+52 managed to cut down the problem with okhams razors. Because of that we should now have a working installer. So I would ask everybody to download the installer again and to make an correct installation of the latest patch. Thank you for your patience.

Pheonix & Charon

Seems to be working now! Cheers!

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, axmangeorge said:

Did this earlier -- see about 3 messages above. Please let me know if I can shed further details. 

All cool :), that was to Suave. I read yours, and your image contributed to the solution immensly.

11 hours ago, vasig said:

to Charon

X-Division 0.99.41 Update.zip MD5SUM=a9e16d6951dff9f0ce49d6807659bb66  Change please!

Man, you are quicker than me. Fixed: MD5: a9e16d6951dff9f0ce49d6807659bb66 confirmed.

5 hours ago, vasig said:

The tank can not be destroyed inside the ship?

This is the second tank, the first was destroyed outside.

This is a tank wreckage, it appears as it should be, almost. When you reload it doesnt appear to be destroyed anymore, but it is.

Edited by Charon

2 hours ago, Charon said:

Man, you are quicker than me.

We just live on different sides of the Earth. You are already asleep, and I just woke up. :)

Excuse me, but what is this? Walker inside the house. It is not active and allows you to easily destroy yourself. I think it's wrong. :(

06.jpg

07.jpg

2 minutes ago, vasig said:

Excuse me, but what is this? Walker inside the house. It is not active and allows you to easily destroy yourself. I think it's wrong. :(

06.jpg

07.jpg

Thats an unfortunate event in case the map runs out of drone spawn points, and generates generic ones instead, which sometimes end up in houses. Which is the case here. The solution would be to check every map for enough drone spawn points.

Sitrep ( XPost From Steam ):

@geraldkr

Dont spread rumors that dont exist ;).

Now to your questions.
How is the state of the mod ? We recently brought out another version on the 17.07.2017, that was 6 days ago. It has, again, more content than all other mods on steam combined. We did something no other mod has done before, we introduced Soldier Classes through armour. You know, apart from the finetuning and bug fixes. We also went all the way and bought a professional installer maker and made an installer wizard since we saw that the installation process was the thing most people had the hardest time dealing with.
The workshop didnt get updated for this because drages is the owner on steam and currently unavailable, for good reasons. That means the workshop will get a later notice, you can still go ahead and download it from the forum though.

Now about the lore.
We always stated that the lore will need help if it should get written. This hasnt changed, and the current situation is as i stated it. We dont have any writers. So the lore will stay that way until someone wants to write some cool stuff about it. The lore was always community driven and was always dependend on other people actually saying they want to do this :). Thats the way the research descriptions came to be and all other lore parts too, except for the mechanical gameplay explanations which i wrote myself, and think are quite top notch.

About the future.
Our plan is to make an installer for the main game to completely make the installation process as easy as possible and compatible on as many systems as possible. Our tester, Pheonix, is currently in Phase 3, so about 70% through the game. I followed every single second of his whole playthrough and fixed and improved the game on his way, and will continue to do so.
Once he finishes we will have a complete playthrough, where we fixed every possible thing we saw, and have a picture of how the game plays from  zero to onehundred. This is our goal and where we plan to go live on Nexus. I hope that their feedback is more positive than what you sometimes read in the steam comments. No seriously guys, be a bit nicer sometimes !

External Cooperation:
A not small part is the cooperation with the main XCE, and his coder Solver, as XCE fixes alot of vanilla issues which directly effect the gameplay of X-Division. XCE heavily borrowes the testers from X-Division to test new changes and improvements because X-Division has, in fact, a lot of testers ( Therefore also the high quality, big kudos to the testers again ). Solver alone can spend his time better than statistically testing things. Like fixing gamebreaking bugs, and dont have to worry about misplaced strings somewhere.
The latest version which is not official yet will include: a fixed delete button, fixed mods including the furies and dreadnaught one, 4gb vram support for the game (which might improve the white square thing @lalenutatic has ), fixed audio issues which makes it possible for sound mods to be played crash free for the first time, fixed new gameplay features which were not working as intended ( Xenonaut Base Retake, ... ).
The overall impact is an improved XCE which helps the whole Xenonaut community and a bug free X-Division experience for you guys.

So thats the current state of affairs.

Kudos @community :)

Edited by Charon
1 person likes this

About to try the mod but just seen that the X:CE has just updated on Steam - does the mod need a revised patch or can i just start with 99.41?

Thanks

On 7/20/2017 at 9:24 AM, Charon said:

All cool :), that was to Suave. I read yours, and your image contributed to the solution immensly.

Happy to help!