[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Just now, Suave said:

Of course,

It stops working, I have tried running it as  administrator, turn off Avast, still the same.

Just now, Suave said:

Strange, my specs did not paste in here....

Just now, Suave said:

Windows 10 Home Edition version 1703 OS build 15063.483

Intell Core i-5 6500CPU @ 3.2 Ghz

8gb ram

64-bit

10 hours ago, Charon said:

@Phoenix1x+52 managed to cut down the problem with okhams razors. Because of that we should now have a working installer. So I would ask everybody to download the installer again and to make an correct installation of the latest patch. Thank you for your patience.

Pheonix & Charon

Seems to be working now! Cheers!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, axmangeorge said:

Did this earlier -- see about 3 messages above. Please let me know if I can shed further details. 

All cool :), that was to Suave. I read yours, and your image contributed to the solution immensly.

11 hours ago, vasig said:

to Charon

X-Division 0.99.41 Update.zip MD5SUM=a9e16d6951dff9f0ce49d6807659bb66  Change please!

Man, you are quicker than me. Fixed: MD5: a9e16d6951dff9f0ce49d6807659bb66 confirmed.

5 hours ago, vasig said:

The tank can not be destroyed inside the ship?

This is the second tank, the first was destroyed outside.

This is a tank wreckage, it appears as it should be, almost. When you reload it doesnt appear to be destroyed anymore, but it is.

Edited by Charon

2 minutes ago, vasig said:

Excuse me, but what is this? Walker inside the house. It is not active and allows you to easily destroy yourself. I think it's wrong. :(

06.jpg

07.jpg

Thats an unfortunate event in case the map runs out of drone spawn points, and generates generic ones instead, which sometimes end up in houses. Which is the case here. The solution would be to check every map for enough drone spawn points.

Sitrep ( XPost From Steam ):

@geraldkr

Dont spread rumors that dont exist ;).

Now to your questions.
How is the state of the mod ? We recently brought out another version on the 17.07.2017, that was 6 days ago. It has, again, more content than all other mods on steam combined. We did something no other mod has done before, we introduced Soldier Classes through armour. You know, apart from the finetuning and bug fixes. We also went all the way and bought a professional installer maker and made an installer wizard since we saw that the installation process was the thing most people had the hardest time dealing with.
The workshop didnt get updated for this because drages is the owner on steam and currently unavailable, for good reasons. That means the workshop will get a later notice, you can still go ahead and download it from the forum though.

Now about the lore.
We always stated that the lore will need help if it should get written. This hasnt changed, and the current situation is as i stated it. We dont have any writers. So the lore will stay that way until someone wants to write some cool stuff about it. The lore was always community driven and was always dependend on other people actually saying they want to do this :). Thats the way the research descriptions came to be and all other lore parts too, except for the mechanical gameplay explanations which i wrote myself, and think are quite top notch.

About the future.
Our plan is to make an installer for the main game to completely make the installation process as easy as possible and compatible on as many systems as possible. Our tester, Pheonix, is currently in Phase 3, so about 70% through the game. I followed every single second of his whole playthrough and fixed and improved the game on his way, and will continue to do so.
Once he finishes we will have a complete playthrough, where we fixed every possible thing we saw, and have a picture of how the game plays from  zero to onehundred. This is our goal and where we plan to go live on Nexus. I hope that their feedback is more positive than what you sometimes read in the steam comments. No seriously guys, be a bit nicer sometimes !

External Cooperation:
A not small part is the cooperation with the main XCE, and his coder Solver, as XCE fixes alot of vanilla issues which directly effect the gameplay of X-Division. XCE heavily borrowes the testers from X-Division to test new changes and improvements because X-Division has, in fact, a lot of testers ( Therefore also the high quality, big kudos to the testers again ). Solver alone can spend his time better than statistically testing things. Like fixing gamebreaking bugs, and dont have to worry about misplaced strings somewhere.
The latest version which is not official yet will include: a fixed delete button, fixed mods including the furies and dreadnaught one, 4gb vram support for the game (which might improve the white square thing @lalenutatic has ), fixed audio issues which makes it possible for sound mods to be played crash free for the first time, fixed new gameplay features which were not working as intended ( Xenonaut Base Retake, ... ).
The overall impact is an improved XCE which helps the whole Xenonaut community and a bug free X-Division experience for you guys.

So thats the current state of affairs.

Kudos @community :)

Edited by Charon
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Doctoxic said:

About to try the mod but just seen that the X:CE has just updated on Steam - does the mod need a revised patch or can i just start with 99.41?

Thanks

X-Division 0.99.41 needs XCE 0.34.3. Technically you can also play with the 0.34.2 but its not recommended, and updating doesnt hurt.

Edited by Charon

arghh. There is only one thing harder then your mod ( and i love your mod ) , and thats instalation of your mod. :( So i didnt play xenonauts for 9 months ( xcom 2 more then 1000 hours , long war , you know what i mean), and i start downloading from your patch list where i stopped.. 99.30.. so i download 99.31, 32, 33.. all around 80 mb..  then it came 99.40.. link doesnt work, and when i go to download page i have 3 parts of 99.40, and first one is 2.5GB ? 

Am i doing something wrong ? is there smaller version for us who have all previous patches ? 

Can you just all put in one patch ( maps and everthing ) , because im gamer for 30 years and all this installation things about your mod is not easy, belive me. all this little things where should all mods be on list, deleting roaming files, downloading 7-8 diffrent patches .. its so easy to miss just one step and your mod will not work..  i know its easy for you because you are making changes on this mod almost every day, but for gamer is real pain.  

I mean, you made maybe best mod i ever saw ( maybe even better then circle of eight for toee and long war for xcoms) , but we need to read 2-3 hours how to install correctly your mod, plus all this downloading + im dead if i missed one word from your install manual because game prob would not work . 

Thank you again for your mod, i was never so scared for my soldiers, like in this mod. I hope ill manage to install it again. 

EDIT : After 6 hours of downloading and installing, i can finally play. It would be good if someone mention on first page that 0.9.4 is enough, that you dont need patches before that. Also explanation of how to install patch 0.9.4 is on page 62, if i only found that page 6 hours ago, it would save me lots of time. 

Edited by Redsky

Ok , because i didnt play for 10 + months, can someone tell me how to hit anyone on first crash mission ? from basic weapons, nothing works , just sniper can hurt them. i came close to alien with 2 of my shotguns and nothing. not single hp lost. yes, i am using shields on 2 or 3 soldiers.   Do i have to have 6 man with rockets or  what ? Also there are at least 2 some kind of beasts, i cant do them sh.. 

I started on normal, mission is really to hard for 2nd level difficulty.

Also, i really dont like bleeding from last patch, people dying like flies. i mean, its first mission, before with x - division i could go far into the game. You made mod really hard in last year. Is it possible that first time in my life ill have to start on easy diff ?  :p

Edited by Redsky

4 hours ago, Redsky said:

Ok , because i didnt play for 10 + months, can someone tell me how to hit anyone on first crash mission ? from basic weapons, nothing works , just sniper can hurt them. i came close to alien with 2 of my shotguns and nothing. not single hp lost. yes, i am using shields on 2 or 3 soldiers.   Do i have to have 6 man with rockets or  what ? Also there are at least 2 some kind of beasts, i cant do them sh.. 

Also, i really dont like bleeding from last patch, people dying like flies. i mean, its first mission, before with x - division i could go far into the game. You made mod really hard in last year. Is it possible that first time in my life ill have to start on easy diff ?  :p

Hello there, 

You can start with easy first, it is not that easy after all..it is x-division easy.

From your description I can tell that you have encountered Ceasans on your first mission - they carry shields, so you have to either hit them from behind or just wear the shields down (about 200hp, but I might be wrong, someone will probably correct me here). Also the alien-like beasts are very vulnerable to fire/laser, but resistant to ballistic - initially they might be hard, but later on they are a piece of cake. You would probably need to unload two heavy machinegun burst at them or throw some grenades.

There are many tactics you can use, you will learn quite quickly, although AI is really good and can be unpredictable. You can watch some videos on Youtube, Phoenix does a thorough play-through and he is very good at it.

Since you have asked, I can share my initial tactics here - I do not bother with any other weapons initially other then shield/pistol and machineguns. Why? Machineguns can suppress the enemy and the shield can take some punishment - just suppress the enemy (you do not even have to hit it) and advance with shields while throwing smoke grenades. Once in range, charge the enemy and unleash machinegun bursts - at front, a Ceasean will loose the shield at first point-blank burst and the second will kill him easily. Do not overuse missile launchers, as you will destroy the loot from the enemies.

After you get the Hunter car, things get much easier, but remember - smoke grenades are your friends! And secondly - this is not X-COM - even with Long War, this mod is much harder.

Obviously, this is just my tactics - my younger bro uses all kinds of weapons and uses a lot of crouching/sniping/etc - it just depends on your playstyle ( I basically charge the enemy...).

Good luck!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Redsky said:

arghh. There is only one thing harder then your mod ( and i love your mod ) , and thats instalation of your mod. :( So i didnt play xenonauts for 9 months ( xcom 2 more then 1000 hours , long war , you know what i mean), and i start downloading from your patch list where i stopped.. 99.30.. so i download 99.31, 32, 33.. all around 80 mb..  then it came 99.40.. link doesnt work, and when i go to download page i have 3 parts of 99.40, and first one is 2.5GB ? 

Am i doing something wrong ? is there smaller version for us who have all previous patches ? 

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

You only need to download and install the latest Patch avaialble, it contains all prior fixes as well.

There is only one thing harder than installing X-Division and that is to read.

Not saying you did something wrong, a lot of people seem to have that problem.

So let me ask you, what was not understandable ( friendly, asking for constructive feedback ) ? The 3.1 point in the main thread clearly has a step by step explanation. Was it not clear that you should start there ? What was the problem with each individual step ?

There is a table of content right below the introduction. Was it visible ?

Can you just all put in one patch ( maps and everthing ) , because im gamer for 30 years and all this installation things about your mod is not easy, belive me. all this little things where should all mods be on list, deleting roaming files, downloading 7-8 diffrent patches .. its so easy to miss just one step and your mod will not work..  i know its easy for you because you are making changes on this mod almost every day, but for gamer is real pain.  

There will be an installer in the future, which is already present for the .41 patch.

I mean, you made maybe best mod i ever saw ( maybe even better then circle of eight for toee and long war for xcoms) , but we need to read 2-3 hours how to install correctly your mod, plus all this downloading + im dead if i missed one word from your install manual because game prob would not work . 

We didnt decide to make it that complicated, thats xenonaut.

Also explanation of how to install patch 0.9.4 is on page 62, if i only found that page 6 hours ago, it would save me lots of time. 

Its on the main page under 3.1 Installation.

Easy starts where the Veteran difficulty ended in the vanilla game.

What i gathered from your words is that you dont have the 0.41 update, i suggest you read the throught the whole 3.X topics again and make a reinstallation. 3.4 is the Patch section. The main file is a multi rar file, you cant extract only parts from it.

Or

You could only follow step 4 and 5 in the 3.1 Installation topic and then proceed straight to the 3.4 Latest Patch topic. That should be the quickest way, given that you have a correct XCE installation.

@Suave can say things much nicer than my current mood allows :).

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Charon said:

There is only one thing harder than installing X-Division and that is to read.

Not saying you did something wrong, a lot of people seem to have that problem.

So let me ask you, what was not understandable ( friendly, asking for constructive feedback ) ? The 3.1 point in the main thread clearly has a step by step explanation. Was it not clear that you should start there ? What was the problem with each individual step ?

There is a table of content right below the introduction. Was it visible ?

There will be an installer in the future, which is already present for the .41 patch.

We didnt decide to make it that complicated, thats xenonaut.

Its on the main page under 3.1 Installation.

Easy starts where the Veteran difficulty ended in the vanilla game.

What i gathered from your words is that you dont have the 0.41 update, i suggest you read the throught the whole 3.X topics again and make a reinstallation. 3.4 is the Patch section. The main file is a multi rar file, you cant extract only parts from it.

Or

You could only follow step 4 and 5 in the 3.1 Installation topic and then proceed straight to the 3.4 Latest Patch topic. That should be the quickest way, given that you have a correct XCE installation.

@Suave can say things much nicer than my current mood allows :).

This.

The first time I was trying to install this mod I could not - simply because I have not read the instructions properly and I "thought" I knew what I was doing. Then I made a clean install of the vanilla and followed the install instructions of x-div to the letter. Worked like a charm.

@Charon is doing a GRAND job with this mod, I am sure that the full installer will come sooner or later. Meanwhile it is really worth to spend a bit of time to make sure that the installation guide is followed and the game is installed properly - I used to play UFO series from my Amiga 600 onward, as well as all the other "similar" games (and Xenonauts mods), but it is only with X-Division that I am finally happy. It is of course not perfect yet, but it will be.

Try again and please let us know if you run into any issues.

• Like 1

Suave tnx for quick tips. i was always in love with shotguns and they dont work. I started on normal again and now im doing fine, 6 successful missions. Yes, there where some Caesans on first mission, but bigger problem were those melee fighting aliens with tails , forgot the name. I know fire is good against them, but on your first mission you dont have any fire weapon.  

Charon  - I made clear install and everything is working great. i have latest update , 0.41

Btw, mod is in such great shape, with this mode this game is in my top 10 games ever. I so love yours research tree , pictures of aliens and weapons.  And love your moded enemies and their AI.  Just this bleeding is 2 hard now i think. Maybe ill research some better medkit and then would be little bit easier. RIght now almost all of my soldiers carry medkit , because of bleeding. 

Edited by Redsky
  • Like 1

Do i need to bring more soldiers to other bases ( i have 3 ) ? To defend them ? in vanilla i had soldiers just in one base, but in x - division i remember aliens conquered one of my bases. im in the end of my first month. And tips about bases - soldiers strategy ? Tnx. 

Im building missile batterys on other bases, but dont know how many of them is enough. 

Edited by Redsky

Do i need to bring more soldiers to other bases ( i have 3 ) ? To defend them ? in vanilla i had soldiers just in one base, but in x - division i remember aliens conquered one of my bases. im in the end of my first month. And tips about bases - soldiers strategy ? Tnx. 

Im building missile batterys on other bases, but dont know how many of them is enough. 

Yes, you should - although again, it depends on your playstyle.

I personally (in each of my games, played it many times) initially build three bases with a Chinook and a full contingent of troops in each. There are usually 8-9 hangars in each base and 2 workshops (apart of the first one which has a lab, but this will get demolished few months later to make room for the second workshop). After few months I build extra bases with no soldiers, only one with 3 labs for a quick research and the other two packed full of radars/hangars. The 4th base and all the following ones will have to have about 8 missile defenses (later on laser/plasma/etc - they will automatically upgrade once you discover the relevant technologies). When your base is under attack, each will fire and if they score a hit, then a percentage of invading aliens will die. If they manage to destroy the UFO, of course you will not need the soldiers to defend the base. Hence, I keep soldiers in my first 3 bases (no missile defense) and no soldiers in the later bases. This way my bases are quite specialized and I have three squads to do the missions (there are many ufos in each wave, sometimes I do not return to base after a mission, but instead I fly to the next crash site). This way I get lots of money, alien alloys/loot and my squads are getting more experienced (well, sort of, I play on Ironman mode...). It takes a bit of micromanagement, but hey - that is the beauty of the game.

In terms of bleeding - personally, I like it (in previous versions enemies had "stronger" weapons, so your soldiers would usually die instantly rather then start bleeding). I know that medpacks are quite heavy but the bandages (the small ones) are ok to stop the bleeding (one for each wound, so a soldier with three wounds will need three). Once your troops get more experienced, they will become stronger and carrying medpacks will be less of a problem. 

Regarding Xenomorphs (the alien beasts) - once you kill one you will get a reaserch open for incendiary weapons - I recommend to get this done asap and then research incendiary grenades - this will make a short work of Xenos ( and you will also get the flame thrower - personally, I do not use it, as it tends to destroy all the loot, but it is quite strong - @Charon what happened to the flames animation? Is that going to be changed to anything nicer?).

Again, if you have some spare time, you can watch some videos on youtube, there are some good players there.

Ask away if you need anything.