[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

57 minutes ago, Terrorhawk said:

Now that I seem to have found the correct forum to be posting this in, can someone please see if they can help with a problem I am having.

I downloaded the X Division Mod and followed the instructions for installing it. I also updated it with the latest patch. The problem that I am having is that when I am in game, I get absolutely nothing appear in my workshop that is available to be built. It is always blank.

Can someone please help me??

Thanks in advance

There is nothing like that, a correct install produces a correct game.

Post your modloader, and more info is appreciated.

Bug: in vehicles_gc.xml, both the LIGHTTANK (Defender) and LIGHTTANKADV (Saviour) use LIGHTTANKADV_ARMOUR.

I always wondered why my Defenders never died...

Edit: I think this has been mentioned, but Rail Machinegun and Sonic Gun manufactures do not produce the item. This is because in manufacutures.xml the string is incomplete: it's "StockItem( "VV.RAILGUN );" but should be "StockItem( "VV.RAILGUN" );". I tried this and it fixed it.

Edited by Stufferino

5 hours ago, Stufferino said:

Bug: in vehicles_gc.xml, both the LIGHTTANK (Defender) and LIGHTTANKADV (Saviour) use LIGHTTANKADV_ARMOUR.

Fixed.

I will miss my invincible defenders ... .

5 hours ago, Stufferino said:

Edit: I think this has been mentioned, but Rail Machinegun and Sonic Gun manufactures do not produce the item. This is because in manufacutures.xml the string is incomplete: it's "StockItem( "VV.RAILGUN );" but should be "StockItem( "VV.RAILGUN" );". I tried this and it fixed it.

I guess this should have been fixed, but i didnt find the weapons you were talking about. Mind telling me the exact name ?

On 1/01/2017 at 7:34 PM, Charon said:

Talk about good game design:

If anyone is complaining how hard things are, here is the explanation, or part of it.

Yes! Dark Souls / Bloodborne has been one of my all time favorite series of games, this explains a lot of why. This is also why X-Division is soo damn good!

I'm still lurking in the shadows, I'll be aiming to start a new campaign in the not too distant future, still really busy times for me at the moment :)

• Like 1

This is a sitrep for the community, which i regularly like to give out, to let you know where we are at the moment.

This is steam, read from bottom to top.

f42d39d1ae936bfa4582d1062e3753f82ef4f91d.jpg
Charon  [Autor] Gerade eben  

Solver helps us to get the source code straight and to add new features into the game which makes X-Division so much better. Without his help X-Division wouldnt be where it is today.

All of this leads us up to this point, where we are at the borders where we have to decide if we want to make a mod or a game. All of us tend to rather making a game, than a mod, because we really would like to, and the mod is practically finished. Nonetheless this needs some restructuring and a new outlet, and frankly speaking, way more manpower.
f42d39d1ae936bfa4582d1062e3753f82ef4f91d.jpg
Charon  [Autor] Gerade eben  
@Stormfish3000

There is no programming language, its all notebook and xml data. A toddler could copy and paste and change 2 values, if you catch my drift.

Yes, we also think we would need help.
Here is what we wrote about that:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14289-x-division-needs-modders-at-dev-team/

If you want X-Division to be a mod than it is practically finished, some rough edges here and there + endgame left to do. Right now X-Division is where we Drages ever dreamed it would be.
We have 1000% more and more indepth content than the vanilla game or any other mod out there. Not only that, we also write additional small mods which the whole community profits from as well like the "aircombat radio sounds 2.1" AND we revise and make old mods compatible for everyone to use, not only for the ones who play X-Division.
Not even counting the incredible amount of knowledge we contribute for other modder and people to directly profit from.

Continued ...

8234b39f0f5dd5a3ad9edb99621e1c8305f69994.jpg
Drages  [Autor] Vor 16 Minuten  
No language. Just notepad and excel writing.
d57b5d6d22715d64a96fbc640e6259378da832cc.jpg
Stormfish3000 Vor 2 Stunden  
I think you guys should have a lot more help if 13 months is the minimum... What programming language is this game?
  • Like 1

Looks like you guys want to start a game development team!

Don't worry about impatient people, get the mod where you want to get it to. Maybe set a cut off point where you stop adding content and once you feel X-Division is finished to an acceptable level look at making your own game :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Looks like you guys want to start a game development team!

Don't worry about impatient people, get the mod where you want to get it to. Maybe set a cut off point where you stop adding content and once you feel X-Division is finished to an acceptable level look at making your own game :)

:D Looks like i was a bit unclear. X-Division is the game im talking about, but the difference is in the way you work and add content. Up until this point everybody just worked on it as far and as much as he could, and the different aspects were hardly intertwined with each other. Dont have the strings ? Just wait until the person comes back to do them.

Then we grew bigger and bigger and started to add bigger and bigger content points with "The Hive" being the latest. This is where things fell apart because it needed support from across all parts of the game.

To give you an example. I do 100% of the coding for The Hive, apart from the AI, but even i would be lost if Drages wouldnt give hours without end everyday to my visual requests. He literally spends 4 hours almost everyday to make The Hive as beautiful as i would like it to become. Without his support i would never do this because i simply lack the motivation to do everything alone, apart from the fact that drages is the best man for visuals.
But it doesnt end there. We also need the sprites for the new units, Drages and I cant do them, and the strings. Ofcourse we could wait for them but these kind of things kill the whole project including motivation. There is simply no way we can just wait 3 months for things to get sorted out, we wouldnt even know where we left off.

Think about it like 4 people carry a weight which gets calculated for 4 people and then 2 people go AWOL. Not saying the 2 remaining people cant do it, more or less, but that just kills all the momentum and motivation.

No blame in all of that, everybody can have his/her time, but thats just the difference between a mod ( people come and go as they please ) and a game ( people give notice when they leave/stop working, and do something of a regular output every week/month ).

This is the thing we have been discussing. This is what i meant when i said we were tending to a more game like ( working ) structure.

The next thing we have big plans about is implementing a working armour class system, using the current code to its maximum, but we are hesitant because big projects take a lot of effort and again support from all different parts of the game and knowing you got a team to get things done is so much more motivating than seeing a lonely, rocky road ahead of you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Visperas said:

Do I need a Caesan medic or is it a bug?

Yes, you need a caesan medic. You need everything !

Or have you seen a sebillian throw a stun grenade lately :D ?

The sebillian medics are more or less responsible for the improved medikits, because of their regenerative nature, while the caesan medics are there so that you can research the stun gas they are using.

dear team. some points below.

xenopedia.

-i sure need some descriptions, and since this need a lot of time, probably stats for armors and VW should be in first prioryty. now - no clear picture fo armors (what bonus give alfa or predator? what penalty? )

-if it possible i sure will be good to remove some pages from pedia 

xenos

alien shock weapon series looks UP, since it non letal and since hi resist in most armor tipes. in same time alien blood (etc) weapons - one shot.

p.s. anty mater pistol time to time crit for 200-300 dmg (eaven in phase 3 and 4). today i crit  andron near 1500 (yep 1500) is it ok?

29 minutes ago, zlodeische said:

dear team. some points below.

xenopedia.

-i sure need some descriptions, and since this need a lot of time, probably stats for armors and VW should be in first prioryty. now - no clear picture fo armors (what bonus give alfa or predator? what penalty? )

-if it possible i sure will be good to remove some pages from pedia 

xenos

alien shock weapon series looks UP, since it non letal and since hi resist in most armor tipes. in same time alien blood (etc) weapons - one shot.

p.s. anty mater pistol time to time crit for 200-300 dmg (eaven in phase 3 and 4). today i crit  andron near 1500 (yep 1500) is it ok?

Dear player :)

Mod is still at beta and the number changes in time. We don't have the men power to edit all that stat info everytime. We need people to get that stats from game files and write to the xpedia pages.

I will recheck the alien lightning weapons. But they got very good emp damage so very powerful against vehicles.

There can be crazy critics from armour penetration weapons because a glitch at the game calculations. But it's fun, so we don't have any problems.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drages said:

There can be crazy critics from armour penetration weapons because a glitch at the game calculations. But it's fun, so we don't have any problems.

yep. this is fun) 

11 minutes ago, drages said:

Mod is still at beta and the number changes in time. We don't have the men power to edit all that stat info everytime. We need people to get that stats from game files and write to the xpedia pages.

for sure i understand. mod great without it

also not clear why sentinel1 in some points better then sentinel 2 (kinetic, props, chemical, coneangle)?

<Armour MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="update" name="armour.sentinel">
    <Resistance kinetic="100" energy="110" chemical="70" incendiary="55" />
    <VisualParams range="22" coneAngle="135" nightRangeBonus="2" />
	<PsionicDefence defence="80" points="20" degradation="3" />
    <Special jumpPack="1" jumpPackSound="SentinelJetpackSound" />
    <Props moveSpeed="350" stairsMoveSpeed="180" vaultMoveSpeed="24" />
  </Armour>

<Armour MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert" name="armour.sentinel_2">
    <Resistance kinetic="95" energy="110" chemical="60" incendiary="60" />
    <VisualParams range="23" coneAngle="130" nightRangeBonus="3" />
	<PsionicDefence defence="80" points="30" degradation="3" />
    <Props moveSpeed="300" stairsMoveSpeed="180" vaultMoveSpeed="24" />
  </Armour>

<Armour MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert" name="armour.sentinel_3">
    <Resistance kinetic="125" energy="150" chemical="80" incendiary="70" />
    <VisualParams range="24" coneAngle="140" nightRangeBonus="4" />
	<PsionicDefence defence="100" points="30" degradation="3" />
    <Props moveSpeed="300" stairsMoveSpeed="180" vaultMoveSpeed="24" />
  </Armour>

25 minutes ago, alterhaudegen said:

Hello,

can someone check my savegame?
After killing the last drone in the south, the game stuck in mission debriefing.

m3.sav

There is no bug like that for X-Division.

Always post your modloader order when reporting bugs.

This is an indepth thread of insight for this, there is no real solution though: