[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Muligans video gave me the idea about adding AP damage to the flshbang tree, as it currently is underrepresented in comparasion to smoke/damging/incediary grenades.

AP damage, on top of that flashbangs first job is to suppress the target, drains the TU for the next turn, so the unit will have less TU left to use in his/her next turn.

36 minutes ago, Charon said:

Muligans video gave me the idea about adding AP damage to the flshbang tree, as it currently is underrepresented in comparasion to smoke/damging/incediary grenades.

AP damage, on top of that flashbangs first job is to suppress the target, drains the TU for the next turn, so the unit will have less TU left to use in his/her next turn.

This sounds like an awesome idea, I didn't know it was possible to even do this! Currently it's optimal to suppress with LMG / shotgun and then deploy smoke and reposition for next round. I've had no need for flashbangs when you have guns that do suppression very well and also do damage.

@drages I feel like that Cyber-rex is going to put the fear into all of my X-Division vehicles.

1. Attack Point damage is not working with explosives (AOE) weapons. if @Solver want to add/fix that, it's another story.

2. AP damage is like everything, it should not be resisted by resistance. It's connected with main damage. For example you got a energy weapon with AP damage. If you want to damage your enemy with AP, you need to pass the resistance. You need to hit it until it's resistance is over or you need to have a very good mitigation (armour penetration). You need to have so big mitigation because AP damage is already low because it's about AP.. so maybe 20 to 50.. so after phase 2, enemies already start to get +100 resistances.. and the only weapon with that mitigations are anti-matter ones.. 

Can you see the calculation hell behind it.. and AP damage is something very powerful. You can lock even end game bosses with it, which we don't want to have it.. If a flashbang like so basic weapon got AP, you can spam it to any enemy to the death..

15 hours ago, drages said:

Yeah, people just reports bugs :(.. nobody cares my weeks of work :(..

Sorry... I think bug reports are helpful so I come here to share them and read updates :'(

But I thought that stuff was absolutely awesome!! I stopped watching it because I thought No... That's too cool, I have to get to this point in my game first! But I couldn't resist so I came back again :')

Still, I show my appreciation with a thumbs up and a subscription. Please keep it up! You and the X Division team amaze me every day I come back to this thread. I'm still only on phase 2 though~

Screenshot 2016-12-04 16.37.13.png

5 hours ago, drages said:

1. Attack Point damage is not working with explosives (AOE) weapons. if @Solver want to add/fix that, it's another story.

2. AP damage is like everything, it should not be resisted by resistance. It's connected with main damage. For example you got a energy weapon with AP damage. If you want to damage your enemy with AP, you need to pass the resistance. You need to hit it until it's resistance is over or you need to have a very good mitigation (armour penetration). You need to have so big mitigation because AP damage is already low because it's about AP.. so maybe 20 to 50.. so after phase 2, enemies already start to get +100 resistances.. and the only weapon with that mitigations are anti-matter ones.. 

Can you see the calculation hell behind it.. and AP damage is something very powerful. You can lock even end game bosses with it, which we don't want to have it.. If a flashbang like so basic weapon got AP, you can spam it to any enemy to the death..

Its still possible for weapons who were not designed to do damage, for which a high mitigation would not unbalance them in any way. That it doesnt work for explosives i something i didnt know, mea culpa.

Still the idea of a flashbang which uses AP damage is still viable, as soon as the coding part gets done for it, if it ever gets done.

Armor also affects suppression values either way, so a high mitigation for them may be viable to better balance them out.

flashbangs are like light grenades that do suppression-like things. they disorient, confuse. It could be a thing like making AI (if hited) to change stance, position, to move or fire without concrete aim (as a confusion), so to add panic(?) logic if suppresion values get close to max (and it doese count because player give for that his own ap - so could be limited effects - or in group or per one special montser for anyhow, one more way to stun after confusion or regroup).

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

I do find flashbangs a little disappointing. For their ability to both completely blind and deafen a person for 5 seconds+, they do surprisingly little in-game. 

They should really force a unit to have to retreat. Ideally a better effect would be to suppress and cause accuracy to fall drastically so the AI will choose to move, rather than act as if they're suppressed as normal (where they tend to prefer shooting). 

22 minutes ago, Stufferino said:

I do find flashbangs a little disappointing. For their ability to both completely blind and deafen a person for 5 seconds+, they do surprisingly little in-game. 

They should really force a unit to have to retreat. Ideally a better effect would be to suppress and cause accuracy to fall drastically so the AI will choose to move, rather than act as if they're suppressed as normal (where they tend to prefer shooting). 

Please don't have @Mordobb Syndrome (tring to implant realism into a game with huge details)..

Game don't have that kind of mechanic and if we add something like that, you can use it on all enemies including boss units.. so just delete all AP of the enemy and shoot.. there is no way to balance that. 

I find flashbangs really usefull first phase.  They are great for ensuring enemies will not reaction fire as you walk into a UFO. And since the AI is really good at using cover and not easy to shoot at , flash bangs allow you to slow the enemies movement so you can get into flanking positions without fear of counter attack.   Another trick is to throw a flashbang at an enemy and then a smoke grenade at it.  The smoke prevents the alien from shooting and instead they will use their movemenent to probably move towards you.

But second phase all aliens seem to be resitant to flashbangs.  Their might be some better flashbangs that can get researched and manufactured, but if so I haven't got there yet.

22 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

How has no-one else commented on this? Did any of you people watch it! This shit looks insane! I fear Charon and Drages have gone mad and they want to kill every single X-Division soldier! We need to start a petition to stop them! :D:D:D

Hahaha being serious, this looks really good! That 360 shield tech is awesome.

I Started watching it. But I want to wait until I am playing to get a full feel of everything.  I did happen to get a glimspe though of some huge walking monster. I ahve decided to not tell my troops about that one.  They are going through enough stress right now, and the last thing they need to is to hear about that thing.

I have been meaning to comment on the new Xenomorphs, as implemented in the current patch.    They look good and  scary. (AT least the drone and warrior. Those are all I have seen)
You just have to tickle them a few times with a stun rod and they fall over, but they look scary at least :)

Well, as i tested... to november 1979

i have 8 bases fully operational and just 4 upo in wave spawned (veteran). So, that means upping mission count (as i understand - alien ships in wave spawned)  0.5*number of my bases - doesn't influence.

I'll try to change to...1-)))

Wow... when i changed to 1 - i got 16!-)))))))) (base 4-7 + 8=> 12-15...hm...) ah... bingo! 1 escaped from wawve before-))) They gave me maximum-)))

upd... +2... so 18!-) NOt all wave shown plus some maybe happen in oceans...

So, drages, Charon, maybe make the game play harder because of human bases too?

<!-- GEOSCAPE AI VARIABLES -->
  <minMissionCount value="1"     comment="This is the mininum number of mission for a wave." />
  <maxMissionCount value="7"    comment="This is the maxinum number of mission for a wave. Numbers from the next two parameters will be added to it." />
  <maxMissionAlienBaseModifier value = "1" comment = "Add this much to maxMissionCount for every alien base on the map" />
  <maxMissionHumanBaseModifier value = "1" comment = "Add this much to maxMissionCount for every human base on the map" />
  <highBandTicker  value="1400" comment="This is the ticker value from where the maxMissionCount missions are going to be spawned." />
  <parabolicPower  value="0.5"   comment="Hard to explain here." />

but in case of 4-7 + alien base max (8) = 15 +/- escaped 4-7 = 19-22 overal... i think the main problem would be in relations worstening with nations, many fighter-hunters (air superiority missions), terrors  and  fallen continents in very fast... so the ticker must be slowed too.-))

Funny... i could see...no i can really make a global invasion-))) 200 alien ships in line bwahahah!!!! Poor human foirces can't react... hm... it could be a special event for the end-game... for example if you will wait longer - the massive invasion will begin and how much you even try - every wave would be bigger than the lastone... so soldiers, aircrafts would die faster than could react because of limited placehold and base numbers-)) 

but in other case - superflow of allienum and other pretties-))

upd2. lastly! got alien base attack on me... so...20 soldiers and 3 tanks - thats the limit (but i have about 50 soldier to fill 3 chinooks with and support). Pity, but no matter.

Bad is there no civils and friendly ai forces-(((( experiment failed, ehh... maybe some other files must be updated too?

Edited by Kirill Selivanov
upd-ohho!!!

People who who see shadows on their map should check for vampire content on their computer. It could be that the game was invaded by dark creatures without anybody noticing. Extreme caution is necessary to deal with this phenomen, in case of immediate danger ask other non-vampires in your environemnt for help.

Ok, just kidding, shadows on forest maps are because of XCE misses some assets. The report has been made here:

We hope for a quick fix, and if worse comes to worse we´ll fix it ourselves.

1 hour ago, Pandi said:

@drages Can you reveal about AP mechanic more pls? Or where i can get some info...

This game got 4 main damage and their resistances as kinetic, energy, incinerate and chemical. Every other dama types are connected to the main damage as resistances; as EMP, stun, AP and morale.

For example you got a weapon with 50 energy damage, 100 stun, 20 ap,  40 mitigation and the enemy got 80 energy resistance. So:

The main damage: 50-(80-40) = 10 damage..

Side damage as stun: 100-(80-40)= 60 stun damage. 

Side damage as AP: 20-(80-40)=-20 so 0 AP damage.

A weapon can have every side damage but only one main damage. So all the resistance calculations goes over main damage and resistance type.

For that reason, if you want to AP damage that enemy at example you need to have more then (80-40)=40 AP damage.. that 40 AP damage would be devasteting OP for an enemy with less energy resistance like 10.. so if you hit with 50 AP damage to an enemy with 10 energy resistance you would hit it with (10-40) as no resistance left with that mitigation and it becomes 50 AP damage which disables the enemy directly..

For short, at mid and late game which enemies got many different resistances, you can't have a weapon to AP them all.. AP weapons can be used to lock the boss units and make the mod much much much more easier..

So I am pretty sure I installed everything correctly, to a point where everything is running fine except air combat (I think).

On the fastest speed planes are flying at around 1/2 normal speed I estimate.

is this a recent change I overlooked or is something screwed up?

Edited by BelgarionNL

6 minutes ago, BelgarionNL said:

So I am pretty sure I installed everything correctly, to a point where everything is running fine except air combat (I think).

On the fastest speed planes are flying at around 1/2 normal speed I estimate.

is this a recent change I overlooked or is something screwed up?

There is nothing like this in X-Division and you dont provide the minimum necessary information that we can help you.

Hello I am new to X-Division. I can't seem to get medkits to work correctly. Whenever I equip anyone with medkits, I am unable to use or see them. I have reinstalled and tried to reorder the mods in the correct order. Is anyone else having issues with this?

Image 1.JPG

20161209214510_1.jpg

I like the mod so far a lot, but I think the fire didn't get much love in it. It burns out to quickly for my taste and it doesn't spread to other tiles.

I remember in original X-com, especially Apocalypse fire was a viable tactical solution to every situation. I could fire some incendiary ammo into a building and just watch the world burn down around me.

Maybe it just me, but I'm missing that in this game.

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, CaptnCranky said:

I like the mod so far a lot, but I think the fire didn't get much love in it. It burns out to quickly for my taste and it doesn't spread to other tiles.

I remember in original X-com, especially Apocalypse fire was a viable tactical solution to every situation. I could fire some incendiary ammo into a building and just watch the world burn down around me.

Maybe it just me, but I'm missing that in this game.

Cheers!

Fire is a hardcoded thing and to be honest i am not a big fan of it. We got already tons of things so fire should be not a global solution and a chain reaction with fire could kill any computer and slow it down.