[X:CE] Geographic addition 1.1

Axiomatic

This simply mod adds a several cities to global map, mostly in sparse distant regions, and adjust type of cities (soviet or non-soviet). The names of the countries show (additional to the city names) only at maximum zoom global map. This is more convenient because labels less obstruct the map.

Features:

1. Add soviet-style cities: Pyongyang (North Korea), Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, Anadir, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy (Russia), Shanghai, Urumchi (China).

2. Add non-soviet style cities: Denver (United States), Manaus (Brazil), Samarinda (Indonesia), Addis Ababa (Ephiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Punta Arenas (Chile).

3. Change style from soviet to non-soviet: Tokyo, Seoul, Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Copenhagen.

New distant cities designed to do proper to cover more area.

v1.1

The names of the countries show (additional to the city names) only at maximum zoom global map.

Added cities: Addis Ababa (Ephiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Punta Arenas (Chile).

SU.jpg

Geographic addition 1.1.zip

Geographic addition.zip

Edited by Axiomatic
version 1.1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Does the additional cities better represent the landmass AKA smaller countires have less cities, while bigger ones have more, and thuse giving bigger ( and better paying countries ) a higher chance for invasion ?

EDIT: I think it is Addis Abeba.

Edited by Charon

I did not set the task to supplement the map of a large number of cities. I had 3 goals:

1. Fill in the blanks on the map that are sufficiently populated (for example, Denver, Manaus)

2. Add cities on the outskirts, for the need for greater coverage (Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Punto-Arenas)

3. Add important details (Pyongyang near Seoul)

To make a more or less realistic correspondence between the population of different countries, you need to add a significantly larger number of cities, maybe about a hundred. But it will take a lot of time. And I don’t think that it is so much important for gameplay.

Rodmar18 has its own opinion on this issue and now engaged in improving the location of existing cities as well as adding new ones. Perhaps, his addition will more appropriate.

Edited by Axiomatic