Here is the Autoresolve Calculator I used to balance X-Division:

Autoresolve Calculator

New Version !

Let me show you how it works:

Here is the explanatory image:

Autoresolve_Calculator.jpg

Enjoy :D

Notes:

The Autoresolve Calculator is dead accurate if you calculate Cannons + Missiles.

When you add heavy Torpedos to the Equation the game follows a slightly different formula, leading to a maximum of +/- 6% difference to the calculated Percentages. The low/high percentages are higher/lower than expected.

When you calculate only Aircraft cannons the actual ingame percentages are up to 5% lower than expected.

I suspect this is all because the game has different equations for cannons, missiles, and torpedos. Either way they get merged when they are calculated together or they get "set" to the appropriate equation. For instance when calculating Cannons + Missiles they get calculated on the missile equation, calculating only Torpedos = Torpedo Equation, calculating Cannons + missiles + torpedos = torpedo equation.

The solution for this would be to make different decrypting tables for all of those, but im fine with how the calculator works right now.

This is some sort of the latest explanation:

Edited by Charon

The Autoresolve Calculator is dead accurate if you calculate Cannons + Missiles.

When you add heavy Torpedos to the Equation the game follows a slightly different formula, leading to a maximum of +/- 6% difference to the calculated Percentages. The low/high percentages are higher/lower than expected.

When you calculate only Aircraft cannons the actual ingame percentages are up to 5% lower than expected.

I suspect this is all because the game has different equations for cannons, missiles, and torpedos. Either way they get merged when they are calculated together or they get "set" to the appropriate equation. For instance when calculating Cannons + Missiles they get calculated on the missile equation, calculating only Torpedos = Torpedo Equation, calculating Cannons + missiles + torpedos = torpedo equation.

The solution for this would be to make different decrypting tables for all of those, but im fine with how the calculator works right now.

Bugs:

A torpedo bonus higher than 1.0 leads to incorrect calculations. This is because i calculated the inverse of the bonus value, instead of adding it as a UFO bonus like the game does. This works fine until the value gets higher than 1.0 because the inverse gets negativ at this point, leading to complete nonsense.

The normal missile only works with the value 0.5. Again because i calculated the inverse of it rather than treating it as a coefficient.

These are easy to fix.

Edit: Fixed, new Version available !

Edited by Charon

• 1 year later...