Things I want YOU to know

Charon

Because of the Signature Character Limit im going to put everything I want you to know in here.

Enjoy.

Lets get this done - Knowledge collecting starts here

How to properly test Mods and changes you made to the game

Modder´s Wisdom

THIS IS SPARTA !!!! X-Division Version

[X:CE 34.2] Custom Manufacture Category Sorting ID - Guide

Aircombat Autoresolve Calculator

Charons Overhauled Mods - request section

Alternative Storyline ( X-Division )

researches.xml:
Researches.xml discoveries

aircrafts.xml
SUBMISSION - Charon

sound.xml
How to insert new sound files into existing ones

mods ( beside X-Division ):
Aircombat Radio Sounds 2.1
Charons Overhauled Mods - [V1.08] Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portrait Pack

The comprehensive guide to Modding and the Modmerging System for XCE

X-Division Technology Tree

General Advice

When switching between mods/installing new ones it is recommended to clear out/delete the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal folder to make sure the appropriate scripts are loaded. At least until you know what you are doing.

Dont have 2 XDivision mods at your mod directory, no matter the version differences, they bug the modloader in unknown ways.

The Difficulty modifier in the gameconfig.xml doesnt work for humanAirplaneSpeed*** and humanAirplaneRange***. Only the humanAirplaneSpeedNormal and humanAirplaneRangeNormal will get taken on all difficulties. This is a known bug since 2014, lets hope the other difficulty modifiers work as intended. As a general rule: dont trust the difficulty modifier too much, if you wanna make changes set the ***Normal Values to the value you want.

META

If you "install" a mod it takes the  <Name>***</Name>, if you copy it directly into you mods/... folder it takes the folders name as the mods name in the modloader.

Maps

tilesetmask1.png and tilesetmask2.png dont get taken by the game, and such content has to be available as tilesetmask1-modmerge.png and tilesetmask2-modmerge. Furthermore, the base tilesetmask1.png and tilesetmask2 cant seem to get modmerged as mentioned before, which means the vanilla/xce tile maks always have a chance to get taken.

On 10/29/2016 at 7:37 PM, Charon said:

Announcement

Every game update and X:CE update resets the modlauncher order and the activation/deactivation status to its liking, messing up every individual setup you might have had before.

So please, if you receive an update through Steam or install a new version of vanilla/XCE recheck your modloader order and activation status, just like you would when you install a new game or new mod.

Keep in mind that EVERY save is unique to its modloader setup it is saved with. Loading a save with a different modloader order, even if they are the same mods, can and will cause problems alll along the way.

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

META

I wouldnt advice to use the "delete mod" button in the modloader, its buggy.

If you "install" a mod it takes the  <Name>***</Name>, if you copy it directly into you mods/... folder it takes the folders name as the mods name in the modloader.

NEVER USE THE MODLOADER DELETE BUTTON, ITS BUGGED AS HELL. Rather delete the mod folder from your mods/... folder directory. If you have a subscribed workshop mod then unsubscribe first then manually delete the folder in your mods/... directory.

Added

8 hours ago, Charon said:

Announcement

Every game update and X:CE update resets the modlauncher order and the activation/deactivation status to its liking, messing up every individual setup you might have had before.

So please, if you receive an update through Steam or install a new version of vanilla/XCE recheck your modloader order and activation status, just like you would when you install a new game or new mod.

Keep in mind that EVERY save is unique to its modloader setup it is saved with. Loading a save with a different modloader order, even if they are the same mods, can and will cause problems alll along the way.

23 minutes ago, Charon said:
1 hour ago, Eskir said:

It's very nice that the install manual says "THE MOD LOADER HAS TO BE EXACTLY IN THIS ORDER" but the image shown does not tell me what's above slot 9, good job guys. 

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

7. The modloader should look like this MINUS the things you dont have or dont want, except for the things you ABSOLUTELY need ( Requirement Section ). The mods you dont see are ALL DEACTIVATED, so you see only the mods you need, in the correct order. Check if the mods are activated or not.

Read, the black things are the letters.

1 hour ago, Eskir said:

WEIRD ITEMS / BAD OR UNFINISHED DESCRIPTIONS

1c17815d6b4ce559e8972d2c913bcd45.png Uhhh....
https://gyazo.com/1c17815d6b4ce559e8972d2c913bcd45

Xpedia entries have all the pictures and none of the words. However i provided all teh necesssary and vital information for every xpedia entry. If you feel theres missing something please report it.

1 hour ago, Eskir said:

8. Apply the latest available patch. Every patch contains all prior changes as well.

1 hour ago, Eskir said:

I get that this is still not finished, but guys, get your arses in gear. The xenopedia is one of the most important aspects of the game (Am I alone on thinking that?) - you have tons of content (over 4gb in fact), but with how unfinished the xenopedia entries are, it's as wide as an ocean but as shallow as a puddle.

If you happen to come from the steam workshop.

This mod is %98 stable. If you got any weird problems like aliens without guns, strange visual errors, game crashes, they should be about wrong install or mod loader issues. Be sure that you got X:CE, X-Division and X-Division Patch is installed and then come to our topic with your save game and we will help you. 

Ill add this to the OP.

If this is not going fast enough for you, you can apply to help us, if you want. But reading the letters we send you is the minimum requirement, so please keep this in mind.

About your modloader order:

post 1.png

This doesnt look like the modloader in the OP. Read, the ... i mean look at the picture closely.

post 2.png

This doesnt look correctly either. The picture provided in the OP looks different.

Angry Joes Review

8cff17202829e0acdf6b636e61284ce9.jpg

Final verdict

Image3.jpg

Angry-joe.png

PS: Did you notice the pun i made with the word "letters" ?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fox said:

can anyone tell(modding question) - how to add new UFOs to the game itself?

1.  you need to create them in the aicrafts.xml
  2. add them to the items.xml
  3. add the aircombatsweapons to the aircraftweapons.xml and items.xml
  4. define the crew in the ufocontent folder
  5. add them in maptypes.xml
  6. create the UFO itself in the tiles and map folder.

16 hours ago, Charon said:
  1.  you need to create them in the aicrafts.xml
  2. add them to the items.xml
  3. add the aircombatsweapons to the aircraftweapons.xml and items.xml
  4. define the crew in the ufocontent folder
  5. add them in maptypes.xml
  6. create the UFO itself in the tiles and map folder.

Is it possible to not draw a map, and take the type available? I did so (on version 1.09), but I did not can load the mission map with a new UFO.

Edited by Fox

9 hours ago, Fox said:

Is it possible to not draw a map, and take the type available? I did so (on version 1.09), but I did not can load the mission map with a new UFO.

I have no clue what you are talking about, but there is no map in my instructions.

Edited by Charon