[Mod suggestion] Base personnel and bombing event logic

While trying a slightly more flexible approach to base building I noticed that I was unable to transfer scientists and engineers from one base to another. This meant that I had to first fire the unfortunate groups and then hire new ones for the facilities at the other base, which in turn, meant unnecessary expenses. Next up is the logic regarding aerial terror events: A city far outside my interceptor coverage was being bombed. It was destroyed completely simply because the game lacked aerial refueling. I can understand that maybe, lore-wise, no country is willing to have tankers flying around and begging to be shot down by a passing UFO, but when cities are at stake, I think it should be at least considered as an option.

Is there any way to make a small mod to address these two small logic discrepancies?

Edited by Dr. Somgosomgo

While trying a slightly more flexible approach to base building I noticed that I was unable to transfer scientists and engineers from one base to another. This meant that I had to first fire the unfortunate groups and then hire new ones for the facilities at the other base, which in turn, meant unnecessary expenses. Next up is the logic regarding aerial terror events: A city far outside my interceptor coverage was being bombed. It was destroyed completely simply because the game lacked aerial refueling. I can understand that maybe, lore-wise, no country is willing to have tankers flying around and begging to be shot down my a passing UFO, but when cities are at stake, I think it should be at least considered as an option.

Is there any way to make a small mod to address these two small logic discrepancies?

The easiest approach is to change the range to a much larger number and say that the increased range reflects aerial refueling. We already (USA and other nations) already have aerial refueling tankers stationed in various parts of the world so you can logically justify the increased range.

The easiest approach is to change the range to a much larger number and say that the increased range reflects aerial refueling. We already (USA and other nations) already have aerial refueling tankers stationed in various parts of the world so you can logically justify the increased range.

Sounds fine, although managing actual tankers in the sky would make it more interesting. Got any ideas for the first problem?

Sounds fine, although managing actual tankers in the sky would make it more interesting. Got any ideas for the first problem?

Nope. I think the inability to move scientist and engineers is built in...You can move soldiers between bases and resources but not the S or E's. Maybe the CE guys can figure a way to do it but they seem to have stopped doing updates.

Since tankers would have to have bases...and they are not represented on the map I see no way to use the actual tankers and I would not want to have precious bases to house tankers instead of fighters and troop carriers.

Nope. I think the inability to move scientist and engineers is built in...You can move soldiers between bases and resources but not the S or E's. Maybe the CE guys can figure a way to do it but they seem to have stopped doing updates.

Since tankers would have to have bases...and they are not represented on the map I see no way to use the actual tankers and I would not want to have precious bases to house tankers instead of fighters and troop carriers.

Having bases automatically have room for a single tanker might do it.

About Personal Managment:

Just fire the Scientists/Engineers shortly before the end of the month and hire them right after the monthly briefing. All you lose with this is a few days of productivity.

It is an option I'll resort to, but building an actual feature can make it less clunky. Gotta learn modding I suppose.