Hello,

This is for the devs themselves:

I am a DAW-based music composer, and I'm just trying to put myself out into the eyes of game developers whose projects intrigue me and thematically could fit w my style.

Several people have told me they think I have what it takes to score games.

I write largely ambient music, some of which has a definite sci-fi vibe. That said, am not limited to this style. (Perhaps you want something more booming/aggressive/combat-oriented)

I don't know exactly where you are in development of Xenonauts 2 or whether you're at a stage wherein you're seeking music.

If not, I'd simply ask that *if* you think the following music samples align w your vision for the game, that when that time comes, you consider me.

Thank you for your time

Paul

• 2 months later...

Seeing Paul's post triggered a question I have for anyone who may know the answer. Is it possible to mod XENO to add any of the music from the very first XCOM Enemy Unknown game (1990's)?

That music was so creepy and atmospheric, especially playing in a darkened room in the small hours sliding past midnight. Xenonauts is, in this area, much better than the new XCOM games, but "... I still love that old time rock and roll"

Kim

As far as i know it is possible to add ANY music to ANYTHING, you just have to know your way around.

For instance you are constantly swapping in and out of the geoscape so adding something there might not net the results you want, except starting the same score over and over again. On the other hand you can always add ambient music and let it run every 4 minutes (ground mission). This way every music score needs to be shorter then that and looping every 4 minutes.

Check this out: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13604-Ambient-sounds

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing Paul's post triggered a question I have for anyone who may know the answer. Is it possible to mod XENO to add any of the music from the very first XCOM Enemy Unknown game (1990's)?

That music was so creepy and atmospheric, especially playing in a darkened room in the small hours sliding past midnight. Xenonauts is, in this area, much better than the new XCOM games, but "... I still love that old time rock and roll"

Kim

It could probably be done. If I remember right, the original had the music stored in a different format that isn't used much anymore, so your first job would be to find the original's music files then run them through some type of file converter to convert them to the same format Xenonauts uses. After that it should just be a matter of replacing the current Xenonauts music with old newly converted music. I would imagine you would need to name your converted files the same as the ones they replace then just overwrite the existing files.