New to Xenonauts

Hi all,

I am playing Xcom2 and I became really interested in playing the original Xcom: UFO Defense.

Since the graphics and UI is really terrible in that game, i discovered Xenonauts. Apparently is a great (and modern) alternative. Despite i read some negative opinions.

What mod would you reccommend to play it with to fix some of its flaws?

I was checking on nexus mods and the most endorsed is Xenophobia, which requires XNT 5.31 and 1.09 version of the game.

Would i be good with these two (xenophobia and XNT) and 1.09 version of the game ? I do not want too many mods, just the best ones.

I read that xenophobia has some serious bugs though (in the nexus posts)

Could you please advise a noob on what would be best to enjoy it fully and without too many bugs ?

Many thanks

Edited by savior

I would recommend just using the Community Edition mod for your first playthrough, plus Skitso's map packs and Max Caine's Lore+ mod (which doesn't change gameplay but adds lots of extra flavour).

I would not recommend the mods you have mentioned as a starting place as they make some significant changes and have various bugs and problems which may not give you the best first experience.