mod: Force alien ships to build a base ?

Athanas

Hi,

I have tried to find any existing mod which would give me alien base mission. I know that it would be sufficient to do not react to alien activity, but... it is weird, I do not like it:-( (moreover, my ecenomy is dependend on loot from shooted alien ships).

Could you, please, guide me what should I edit/modified in order to e.g. set that every UFO will try to set a new base (I would turn that mod on for few UFOs and then turn it off again - and probable turn it on and off from time to time)? Or if you have any other idea how could I force a game to give me alien base mission?

Thanks!

It's quite tricky to do that, because of the way that alien missions are chosen. However, to maximise the chance that ufo will perform base building missions, you need to do several things.

Firstly, in AM_Construction.xml, you need to set several things. Set "once per wave" to "false.

Now, you want to maximise the chance that a base building mission will take place. This is a fairly complex subject, so I would suggest reading this thread to understand how the game will select missions. What you need to do in /aircrafts/ is to artificially restrict what missions a UFO can do, which will maximise the possibility for a base building mission to occur.

You could only "switch off" such a mod in-between waves.