[X:CE 0.34] Unable to reveal top section of cruiser.

Dr. Somgosomgo

The top "cap" refuses to remove itself and I cannot see the inside of the ship's bridge.

As depicted in this screenshot, the "rooves on/off" button is in its 'off' state.

I don't even know.jpg

(I used f.lux while picking colours and highlighting)

My modlist:

modlist.PNG

Update: After removing cruiser_top_se.png from the game directory I can proceed... without a tile for the top of the cruiser.

I don't even know.jpg

modlist.PNG

577e7d5d7738d_Idontevenknow.thumb.jpg.82

modlist.PNG.75342041f918843bd9853366c4ce

Edited by Dr. Somgosomgo

• 1 year later...

I too have had a similar problem to yours.

Whilst I am on the bottom level of the Cruiser, the inside of the wings (or whatever you want to call them) are visible when soldiers enter through the side doors. However, the middle of the craft, from the bottom level all the way to the top is just black. Makes it impossible to see where I am sending my soldiers and also makes it impossible to see what aliens have been encountered.

Is there a fix for this??

I have uploaded my savegame if anyone wants to see what i mean.

rocket over the car.sav

• 2 months later...

I started playing the latest version of Xenonauts CE a few days ago and I also have this bug. Weird that it is still around in August 2017. Clicking the roof icon solves the problem for a few seconds or until I click "end turn", then the bug returns or the entire cruiser gets transparent. Guess I'll have to stop doing ground missions on cruisers and always use the airstrike option. A really frustrating bug.  :( 

On 22.8.2017 at 10:55 AM, pedroaj said:

Weird that it is still around in August 2017

Well, as it has been referenced on some other threads few times, it's a combination of several things:

Most important being not having the access to the source-code itself (the "Playground SKD" by "Playfirst"); had the Goldhawk and the community-developers access to this, there could have been a lot of "hacks" being made (and there indeed several "hacks" already had been done for this engine).
As it has been been documented by the developers many times, they ("Goldhawk Interactive", and especially the main-spokesperson "Chris") said that the engine-choise and the related contracts and such were the "first-timer"-mistake(s).

Currently the most feaseable idea has been a complete re-write of the game, which more or less is currently a project being worked on already.
It is a possibility that in future we could have a "OpenXenonauts"-project based on the "Xenonauts 2" in the future, as it has been mused about on this thread
(we'd just need to next figure out how to convert all the assets (especially sprites) to work under the "Xenonauts 2"-framework) :
https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14417-an-idea-of-openxenonauts/

---
---
---