An idea for a mod... "AA Alley".

marcoasalazarm

Although I am not really capable of manufacturing the mods myself, there was one idea I had in my head that I wish to toss into the field, see if it's even viable.

Modifying the base creation system so it would be possible to create various small (and I guess cheap) "anti-aircraft battery" sites that could be peppered throughout the world map, which would give out small boosts to radar range (guess they may need to be very small) and will "intercept" UFOs that get on their area, trying to shoot them down. Not to mention they would also help reduce the "terror index" of the area they are assigned to (although guess this would need some reprogramming so as to make the reduction of the bases vs the increase because of alien activity balanced (maybe have the aliens go for terror missions more often?)).

I guess that it may also need to do some reprogramming to the UFO behavior, so the UFOs go into "base attack" mode early and often, with a priority to target the "battery" bases over the "big" bases at first.

Like I said, I wonder if this is even possible.