Slight nitpicking with gender and experience roles in game

I do my best to not try and offend everyone but one member of my team is a British woman and her bio says she has history with the special air service AKA the SAS, while I am not sexist in any way it is a fact that women are not allowed in the SAS, same with another member of my team who is a Russian woman who was part of the Spetsnaz, i know it's only a small feature but it does add some inaccuracy to the game.

Best to think of it as an alternate reality rather than an accurate simulator. Just because we have a whole bunch of sexism in our time-line that doesn't mean our fictional universes need it too. As must've been posted already, you can mod the likelihood of female soldiers (and other bio details).

Though on this topic, have you noticed any women anywhere else in the xenonauts team? I think they're all guys except the secretary that is handing some papers to one of the generals in the monthly funding image. Even there you can only see her chest and not her face. I get it though, the game is about tactics and shooting aliens, not social commentary.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Best to think of it as an alternate reality rather than an accurate simulator. Just because we have a whole bunch of sexism in our time-line that doesn't mean our fictional universes need it too. As must've been posted already, you can mod the likelihood of female soldiers (and other bio details).

Though on this topic, have you noticed any women anywhere else in the xenonauts team? I think they're all guys except the secretary that is handing some papers to one of the generals in the monthly funding image. Even there you can only see her chest and not her face. I get it though, the game is about tactics and shooting aliens, not social commentary.

The amount of women soldiers makes up for lack (lol) of women art in the research, etc., tabs. Most of my current team is mostly women.

• 1 month later...