Sign in to follow this  
lemm

Frozen Synapse 2 announced!

We actually have no idea what they mean by "open world" at this point. It's probably very much still mission based as trying to traverse an entire world one turn at a time is about the silliest concept I've ever heard.

EDIT: I take it back, they said open world combat whatever in the email. So... yeah. I guess I am the silly one for assuming. I wonder how it will play. I am interested.

Edited by icepick37

I would so love to see more of these pause, plan your move, and then both turns occur simultaneously.  It's semi-turn based.  XCOM: Apocalypse was turn-based or real-time (with pause option), but FS seemed like a great mix.  I just couldn't get immersed in FS1 due to the graphics, though. This one looks better, but why not make it look great while experimenting with new gameplay options?

Is it like we would get the same mission as given in the previous series of this game, I think this time it is going to be different but not sure about it, maybe going to have a diverse change in the middle, looking for the great. As I saw the trailer and it is amazing to have to look forward to having this soon.

FS2 came out a month or two ago - I've not played it yet so I can't comment on the quality of the game itself (although I've bought it), but it's worth mentioning that the devs behind Frozen Synapse gave me a lot of advice during the development of Xenonauts that helped me stay sane / avoid making some really dumb mistakes. Personally, I think they're a company worth supporting :)

• Like 1