Silent Aliens

• 2 weeks later...

To my own experience, I'd think there are sometimes too noisy! There's some sound management which I think could be enhanced in Xenonauts 2. For instance: some sounds shouldn't be heard all over the battlefield, always. This doesn't make much sense for reapers' attacks and mutations, doors (civilians), walking and breaking things inside UFOs (Androns).

If possible, distance and direction (as regards to selected actor's position, and "north" direction) would be taken into consideration, or, if already the case, the attenuation factor would be greater. This would also imply a "volume" parameter for each sound that is played on the battlefield (e.g. small arms having a smaller value than C4).

On the other hand, some aliens or classes of aliens could be more silent, so that they would mislead or ambush Xenonauts more easily (Spectres, Reapers?, Sebillians?). This could be a gameplay setting by the way.