how do you win

dukemat

I have played a few times and really enjoyed it.

My guys killed allot of aliens and designed and built vest's and fancy weapons.

I built the fancy transport chopper.

I have no idea about what the strategy is in this game. Tactically, I think I get it.

I have tried building another base and failed miserably. I have no idea what the sequence should be in defending earth.

When I build another base.........I run out of funding.

Any help would be appreciated.

THE STRATEGY

The most essential thing to learn about Xenonauts is that the air war is more important than the ground war. Every UFO you shoot down does 2 things. 1) It increases the happiness of nations and happiness = more money. 2) It stops ufos from triggering geoscape events. Every geoscape event that a ufo triggers reduces nation happiness and as we know, happiness = more money. So you need to focus on the air war. The ground war gives you pocket-money in the first few months - you start earning serious cash late mid-game when landing ships start appearing. As you get better in ground battles, you can take more risks and use less advanced ground equipment, so save your money to fight the air war, because that's where the big bucks are.

Edited by Max_Caine