[9.2 ground combat] - after alien is killed, crosshair doesn't change automatically

When an alien is killed, the sign at the right showing that the soldiers are seeing a living alien disappears, but the crosshair on the alien doesn't change, until the mouse moves. By crosshair change i mean its statistics, unless its on purpose and you can shoot dead aliens and it counts as alive ones in terms of improving accuracy.

Edited by xcom

That looks more like a limitation then a bug. Something like the crusor only checking whats in a square when you first move the crusor and doesn't respond to changes in the square. Since the Alien was alive when you moved the crusor there, and the crusor doesn't check to see wether there is a living unit or not while you are still holding the crusor over it, the crusor wont change untill you move it off that grid.

AFAIK thats a pretty common occurance. I even think old X-com had the same thing.

I see what you mean, but taking into consideration that the "live alien seen" disappears when the alien is killed, they could also run the crosshair update routine at that point. I think in the first X-com it changes, anyway i don't think things should be tied to how the original X-com was, really.

Edited by xcom

The cursor needs to accurately reflect what you are pointing to at the particular time.

The cursor and related on screen prompts need to update when you perform any action, not just the specific action that normally activates that prompt.

For example firing a shot should update the aiming cursor, not just moving your mouse to an occupied square.

If that is not the case then the prompts are giving you false information.

The same is true of the movement path.

If you set a path to check the AP cost it doesn't update until you change the path then click back.

Firing or turning manually while the path is active doesn't update the path costs or remove the path, leading to false numbers.

No ofc. It's just that im not sure how easy a call for updateing a crusor is. I got the feeling I've encountered crusors not updateing untill moved in newer games as well.

Plus it's quite insignificant as a problem.

Yes, its insignificant as a problem, but its a bug anyway.