Changing race attribute - have I done it right?

Nilex

Lets say I wish to change the PSI power of Preators by making a mod. Does my aiprops.xml look good?

<?xml version="1.0" ?><AIProps> <AI MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="race" MODMERGE="update" race="Praetor">   <Rank MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="type" MODMERGE="update" type="Leader">     <Props PsionicPower="xx" /></Rank>   <Rank MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="type" MODMERGE="update" type="Commander">     <Props PsionicPower="xx" /></Rank> </AI></AIProps>

I am asking because it's hard for me to say this actually works. logfile.txt only mentions updates from Excel XMLs but for plain XML changes there are no such logs. The only way I know how to test is to simply play the game and notice the difference. So in order not to just rely on my gut feeling I thought it would be better if I just ask the pros. {EDIT: Correction, logfile does mention plain XML changes (albeit vague) only when those changes become needed by the game (e.g. loading savegame)!}

"xx" values are just a placeholder, the real file has actual values. The rest of the file is purposely left out to make the mod affect only PSI, making it compatible with other non-PSI changing racial attributes, all while keeping this mod compact in size.

Technical documentation is pretty crap but I was lucky enough to find an existing example from hold the line mod by Kabill which I changed for my own needs afterwards. Btw, are the CAPSPARTS="blabla" really needed?

Edited by Nilex