dropped gun

dukemat

The guns are visible when the guy runs away and drops his weapon... Is there some object blocking the view?

First, you need to be in sight range of the dropped weapon. Are you facing the weapon, and close enough to see it?

Second, is there anything blocking your view of the ground? Try hitting the roof icon until the trees and walls are gone. Can you see it yet?

Are you sure you're looking in the right place?

Are you using X:CE? I'm pretty sure it works in both the original unmodded one, and X:CE, but I could be wrong.

sorry...I don't think i phrased my complaint correctly.

sometimes a guy will panic and run away.........a long way. He will drop his weapon. If you are not paying attention when he ran, its not clear where he dropped the gun. If you can see doors and windows far away, you should be able to see a machine gun lying on the ground at a similar distance. It does not make any sense to me that you can only see it when you are very close.

I just tested this, and I was able to see the gun from very far away. The gun had to be in my sight range, but I could see it as long as it was there.

As for being able to see doors and windows from far away - you actually can't. The doors and windows must be in your sight range too, although you will remember where they were if you saw them before. This can not be applied to guns however since the gun can be moved, or taken.

I play the Steam vanilla edition and it's simple: when a soldier breaks, he drops whatever is in his hand slots at the place he is when he breaks. He doesn't run a while before dropping his weapon. There is no way to remember where he was before fleeing, save if you pay some attention to where the soldiers end their turn. Usually, it's under cover or at a firing/spotting place, so it's not at a random place.