XMC Part 5: (Buildings) Version 1.0 for X:CE 0.34.1 and Above

aajs

XMCPart5.png

XMC Part 5: (Buildings) Version 1.0 for X:CE 0.34.1 and Above

Introduction:

“Xenonaut More Choices” is designed for players that liked the look, feel and playability of the vanilla version but would just like more content in the game. This is pretty much a total overhaul mod but has been broken into parts to allow players to more easily pick and choose what add-ons they want in their game. If you do not like a certain part of this mod just swap it out with another mod of you choice.

PART 5 - Buildings:

This mod is a companion Mod for XMC Part 1 and add new buildings for the game.

livingquartersbig.jpg

Features at a Glance:

• Additional Buildings for Research
  • Additional Research Projects Based on Buildings

Installation files:

Download the mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1bhwt79ov0rbtbb/ChoicesPart5.rar

Unpack the file to your mods folder

Choices Part 1 mod requires to be the highest priority number in the list. (Number1). Then all other XMC modes need to follow in sequential order...(Of course you may not want to use all). Finally adjust all of you other mods to be prioritised after the XMC Mods.

Recommended Mods and Priory order for amazing play-through:

For a list of recommended mods and a links to my other mods you are probably best going to my main XMC Part1 Link: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13248-XMC-Part-1-%28Ground-Combat%29-Version-1-0-for-XCE-0-33-HF1

CREDITS:

Thanks to.

Drages (My Unofficial Mentor)

Reactocore (Playtesting and feedback)

BigGarage.jpg

geneticslab.jpg

tripleradar.jpg

XMCPart5.png

livingquartersbig.jpg

BigGarage.jpg

geneticslab.jpg

tripleradar.jpg

XMCPart5.png.87a446ae8f4643d4f51b50ca6a2

livingquartersbig.thumb.jpg.d058ed1021fa

BigGarage.thumb.jpg.d37a4b2cb28e94d67a1d

geneticslab.thumb.jpg.529eae53b86588a9a8

tripleradar.thumb.jpg.fd542c2898453ea4ca

big garage still causes issue where your production never completes, -8 hours perpetually on my projects

Can you kindly confirm two things.

1) you are using the latest 2.1 version?

2) you did not upgrade to 2.1 after the issue to see if it would fix it but started with 2.1 before researching the larger garage?

If both are true then this still occurs for some users, funny it never happens on my machine.

This bug is unlikely to be due directly to my mod, more likely the game code does not like the additional garage.

I am not sure whether to pull it from the mod, or leave it as most users never experience the issue. Interestingly those who do get the issue get it consistently even if starting a new game.

Can I just ask what OS you are using.

Windows 10 32bit. Started out with 2.1 on a new game. Researching it was fine, seems it's when i finish building a 'big garage' that my production freezes for new and existing projects, stays that way after demolishing the building and restarting the production as well.

Edited by FaultySanity

Windows 10 32bit. Started out with 2.1 on a new game. Researching it was fine, seems it's when i finish building a 'big garage' that my production freezes for new and existing projects, stays that way after demolishing the building and restarting the production as well.

I have the same problem but I have Windows 8.1 (64 bit version). I did a complete wipe of all XMC mods and reinstalled with 2 version and updated with 2.1 after deleting mod 2 version. (And I started a new game). Not sure but it only happens to the base that builds the big garage...all other bases are unaffected.

Hey there, new to Xenonaughts and the forums, but figured I'd chime in.

Whenever I build a large garage, I can no longer load any saves from that point onward. I can go back to save files from before it was made, but everything after that crashes to desktop. Autosaves, manual saves, stategic and ground combat saves, etc.

Additionally, it gave me the -8 hours for production bug. I'm running the latest versions of the community edition, XMCs, and pretty much all the mods you listed in your recommended list. Tried verifying my steam cache, uninstalling and reinstalling mods, and so on.

Regardless, I love your work and thank you for it!

Whenever I build a large garage, I can no longer load any saves from that point onward. I can go back to save files from before it was made, but everything after that crashes to desktop. Autosaves, manual saves, stategic and ground combat saves, etc.

Additionally, it gave me the -8 hours for production bug. I'm running the latest versions of the community edition, XMCs, and pretty much all the mods you listed in your recommended list. Tried verifying my steam cache, uninstalling and reinstalling mods, and so on.

Well I think I will re-post a new version without the big garage as it causess to many issues.

I will see if I can come up with an alternate building instead. Maybe a giant lab.

Well I think I will re-post a new version without the big garage as it causess to many issues.

I will see if I can come up with an alternate building instead. Maybe a giant lab.

Well, I'll put in my two cents...how about bigger (more people) labs (Scientists) and workrooms (engineers). Big enough to fully man the bases big living space.

Currently one lab, one workspace make for 30 people Plus 20 soldiers make for 50...much less than the 100 spaces available in the big living space.

And with just 2m credits I run out of money early with just one base. Perhaps lowing the maintenance cost of some rooms would help.

Actually it appears I wasn't quite correct! I did a bunch of testing this morning on a few saves-

The big garage gives me the -8 hour bug, but doesn't cause the crash

The crash is correlated with the tier 2 and 3 medical centers (can't recall the names). I noticed that once those are researched you can no longer build any sort of medical centers in your base as the option is missing. Additionally, that's when the CTDs on load start.

Also another bug report- the advanced command center research only affects currently built bases, all new bases still have the 2x2 center.

Once again, thanks for your work!

Aaah thanks that is very helpful, Well the advanced command center must be hard coded so I can sort that with a story line change.

I guess when you do the research I can base it on the fact that you have some captured alien computer technology and you only have enough devices to fit out all the current bases, however future bases will have to be constructed using the conventional methods blah de blah...

As regards the medical centres, hopefully they are easy to fix.

• 2 weeks later...
The crash is correlated with the tier 2 and 3 medical centers (can't recall the names). I noticed that once those are researched you can no longer build any sort of medical centers in your base as the option is missing. Additionally, that's when the CTDs on load start.

I just noticed this post today, thanks to Fox83 bumping it up.

I fear this might actually be why my playthrough's 6 out of 8 saves were corrupted. The last working session that I played had me upgrade the med centers. Althought during the upgrade there were no issues, but once I exited the game and reloaded, thats when my saves got fubar'd.

EDIT: No doubt about it.

I just realized thats exactly the cause.

The two saves that still function are during a mission where I capture and kill Reapers the first time.

Reapers are what give the medbay upgrade.

Every save after that mission has me upgrade the medbay and unlock Reaper related research.

Thats the real culprit of the corruption of my save games.

Edited by Reactorcore

• 5 years later...