Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.34.1

llunak

Thanks for the reply!

The fix about i was unsure (and that interest me more) are theese:

• Miss shots should no longer go through walls; the trajectory code has been updated so they should only hit tiles that a "hit" shot would be able to hit.
  • Grenade scatter calculation updated, so "miss" throws can actually miss by a meaningful amount. This applies to both Xenonauts and aliens throwing grenades.
  • Soldiers now gain Bravery from taking suppression damage, as it was virtually impossible to train up before.
  • Soldier Strength now updates correctly, as there was a bug in the formula before.
  • Saviour Medal and Crux Solaris medals can now be awarded and displayed correctly.

I really prefer CE over vanilla (since i like to use a couple of mods), but would be really annoyed to star a new campaign and have the Medal bug or such.

23 hours ago, Solver said:

There's at least one mod update in 0.35, to the Community Mod pack.

It there a 0.35 released out therE?

11 minutes ago, YaK said:
  • Miss shots should no longer go through walls; the trajectory code has been updated so they should only hit tiles that a "hit" shot would be able to hit.

This one has been in X:CE for a long time. If the shot is a miss, X:CE would calculate a new valid trajectory, Xenonauts 1.5 wouldn't, which could lead to missing shots fairly often following impossible paths.

Grenade scatter calculation updated, so "miss" throws can actually miss by a meaningful amount. This applies to both Xenonauts and aliens throwing grenades.

Also in X:CE for a while, since 0.33.

Soldiers now gain Bravery from taking suppression damage, as it was virtually impossible to train up before.

Another change from 0.33.

Soldier Strength now updates correctly, as there was a bug in the formula before.

And again from 0.33.

Saviour Medal and Crux Solaris medals can now be awarded and displayed correctly.

This and the next one should be in 0.34.1 from what I see:

Damage from base defence turrets now correctly reduces the number of attacking aliens it fails to destroy an attacking UFO.

And...

It there a 0.35 released out therE?

Not yet.

Thanks again! Now i'm a less worried :D

The last time i played Xeno i was on 0.34 RC i think, when the medal bug was found, but don't think of looking older release notes!

Anyway, the updated mod i was talking about was Skitso's map with his "Stair patch". Maybe it's already integrated, but i installed it anyway, just in case. 

Yes sir, 

Crux solaris seems to work fine, but Saviour (killing an Alien while it's mind controlling a unit) is awarded in the battle ending screen but you could not see it on the unit detail while in your base, there is no space left for any medal there.

Maybe the fix consists in just awarding it and it's there also if you could not see it? 

Right, there's no place on the screen for Saviour medals, so it gets displayed in place of the Survivor Medal. If the soldier also has the Survivor Medal, then the Saviour medal gets displayed in any slot that's free. If the soldier has all possible medals then there's no Saviour medal displayed, there's no room.

Thanks. I'll try to reproduce it, since i had free Survivor Slot (plus another one) free, but it didn't get displayed, maybe it's another mod overwriting something.

Edited by YaK

Is this 0.34.1 for sure? 0.34 didn't have this fix.

Also the save game cannot be older than that, if the medal was acquired before 0.34.1, then the medal gets lost, I believe. If it still seems to be a problem, please post your save file.

Hmm, I will have to assume that somehow the 0.34.1 that was posted didn't include this fix, because 0.34.1 has a date one month after the fix was made... 0.34.1 was posted here in December, and I wrote the code fixing medals in November.

I just loaded the save and the medal shows, this is the in-progress 0.35.

jana.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi. First message on these forums.

I was playing Xenonauts CE for a couple of weeks, but then tried to mess with the soldier's fotos, really messed up and had to re-install the game.
I then tried to come to this page and follow the links in order to download CE, but every time I click said links I go directly to the main forum page. O.o
Help?

Thanks.

• Solver unpinned this topic