Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.34.1

llunak

Update for version 0.34 of Xenonauts: Community Edition has been released as 0.34.1.

Installation (Windows/Linux Steam users):

• Steam will be automatically updated (may take a while until the update is available).

Installation (other users):

Changes summary:

• When a soldier is killed by an unseen alien, center the view on the killed soldier in order not to miss the event.
  • Fix a problem that sometimes caused an interceptor not to be fully rearmed after returning from a launch for which it wasn't fully armed.
  • Prevent the pathfinding from giving away that an unrevealed tile is not reachable.
  • Prevent centering on the location of a mind-controlled soldier by trying to select the soldier.
  • Ensure animated map objects are loaded properly if their files are split between mods (fixes e.g. animated water in maps from map packs).
  • Base defence turrets now actually decrease the number of attacking aliens.
  • Fixed attack vector calculation in aircombat that sometimes caused fighters to turn in the opposite direction.
  • Avoid a crash if e.g. a tank survives a building collapse.
  • Make sure a building always collapses as soon as it doesn't have enough structure to keep standing.
  • Reapers no longer spawn from stunned zombies.
  • Disallow equipping alien plasma cannon for Predator soldiers (no animations for this combination).
  • Prevent flying into base walls during base defence missions.
  • Do not show the night combat explanatory dialog if the first night mission is actually an alien base attack (which are technically always night missions).
  • Do not add damage around landed/crashed UFO if there's actually no UFO.
  • Fix sorting in launcher's Modding Tools to actually work.
  • Add 1280x720 to the list of resolutions that are always offered in the launcher.
  • Fixed a startup crash on Windows XP.
  • Minor mapping fixes.
  • Significantly reduce delays when updating map preview in the level map editor on map changes.
  • Provided a launcher script for Linux.

For further details, see the 0.34 release annoucement.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Are you going to fix the bug of a destroyed car still blocking the path of vehicles? There are a lot of maps vehicles can't move much at all because of vans and cars parked around the place.

That is not a bug as such. Those objects specify their destroyed state as those wrecks that still block the path. While I could technically add yet another destroyed state, it'd need setting up the new state for all these object types (and either reusing or creating/adjusting graphics for it) for it to actually matter. Are you willing to do that work?

destroying them removes the image but the shadow remains on the ground and the path is still impassable.

That would be a bug -> http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13547-X-CE-0-34-1-Ufo-Datacores

Fired up the game for the first time in ages yesterday and was unable to move soldiers out of the side-doors from the Chinook. Is this an intentional change (i.e. related to the change reported in the change-log for 0.34) or is that a bug?

It's most likely your local problem.

It's most likely your local problem.

After a full reinstall I was still getting the problem. Tried removing the maps/dropship folder from the XCE mod folder and this cured it. So it does appear to be an issue with the current XCE build (downloaded from Steam).

Screenshots:

2016-01-21_00001.jpg

2016-01-21_00002.jpg

Top screenshot is with the XCE changes removed; bottom is with the current XCE changes. Looks like the tiles in the spawn area are off by a tile or so on both axes. I've noticed that this is the case with at least one other orientation (exit ramp facing NE) so its not localised to only this orientation.

2016-01-21_00001.jpg

2016-01-21_00002.jpg

2016-01-21_00001.thumb.jpg.a6865ab541004

2016-01-21_00002.thumb.jpg.ff586aaf57666

Edited by kabill

(Ugh, triple post...)

Unrelated to the above, I'm not sure I'd played since the addition of Sebillian fire-blindness. I'm finding this an excellent change - it's nice to have a counter to Sebillians while incendiary grenades are sufficiently different to smoke that it's not simply a replication of using smoke grenades but with a different tool.

After a full reinstall I was still getting the problem. Tried removing the maps/dropship folder from the XCE mod folder and this cured it. So it does appear to be an issue with the current XCE build (downloaded from Steam).

I still cannot reproduce, even with a clean install of the Steam version. Are you sure you don't have any local modifications or leftovers? X:CE modifies the geometry of the dropship, so mixing of elements could result in this. Also, does enabling/disabling Skitso's Art Pack change anything?

I still cannot reproduce, even with a clean install of the Steam version. Are you sure you don't have any local modifications or leftovers? X:CE modifies the geometry of the dropship, so mixing of elements could result in this. Also, does enabling/disabling Skitso's Art Pack change anything?

I don't think I've ever modified the dropship submaps so it won't be anything specifically I've done. And, as I said, removing the Chinook folder from the main XCE mod got rid of the problem. However, I have been using Skitso's art pack so it could be an interaction with that as you suggest. I will check when I'm home later.

Following on from the above - tried removing Skitso's art pack mod and it had no effect. I've also now been through all the mods I am using and none of them modify the dropship submaps. Is anyone else getting this issue? I'm stuck for thoughts as to what the problem might be.

Following on from the above - tried removing Skitso's art pack mod and it had no effect. I've also now been through all the mods I am using and none of them modify the dropship submaps. Is anyone else getting this issue? I'm stuck for thoughts as to what the problem might be.

When you do a complete uninstall do you delete the AppData folder too? Sometimes old LUA's get left behind, you can reinstall all you want and they are still there until you delete the AppData folder that is part of Xenonauts. There should be a Goldhawk Interactive folder. I really can't tell you where it is at atm because I don't have the game installed on my new drive.

Hadn't deleted that, no. Although looking through it now, I can't see anything that I would expect to have an effect on the issue (most of the files have been updated with the install, the only ones that haven't appear to be old LUA script files related to the vanilla game but none of those should impact on submaps). Thanks for the suggestion though.

EDIT:

@llunak - if I wanted to look at the dropship submaps in the submap editor, how would I do that? If I copy the mapping tiles into the vanilla 'tiles' folder then load the XCE version of the submap editor, will it use any modified tiles from XCE. Or do I need to move everything into the vanilla tiles folder?

Edited by kabill

Hadn't deleted that, no. Although looking through it now, I can't see anything that I would expect to have an effect on the issue (most of the files have been updated with the install, the only ones that haven't appear to be old LUA script files related to the vanilla game but none of those should impact on submaps). Thanks for the suggestion though.

EDIT:

@llunak - if I wanted to look at the dropship submaps in the submap editor, how would I do that? If I copy the mapping tiles into the vanilla 'tiles' folder then load the XCE version of the submap editor, will it use any modified tiles from XCE. Or do I need to move everything into the vanilla tiles folder?

This was my issue a long while back with the old LUA's.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13400-X-CE-0-34-Unofficial-Mission-Load-Screen-Overlaps?p=153466&viewfull=1#post153466

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Started playing after longish pause.

First great thing I noticed is that most of the mods I use are now bundled with CE.

Second thing, which is REALLY great is that finally there is Linux launcher provided for CE! At first try there was some wine error popup about some handle not found that I can't reproduce, but now all works perfectly. Even my year old saves seem to work, so I can happily continue from where I left.

Thank You guys (and girls?)!

• Solver unpinned this topic