[X:CE 0.34] Can't activate nor deactivate more than 1 mod at a time

Jebah

In the mod manager, although you can select multiple items, when you click activate or deactivate, only the last selection you made is activated or deactivated.

Also, the activate or deactivate button removes the current selection, and selects only the last item.

This is an easy fix, but may require both activate and deactivate buttons if mods are selected that do not have a common activated state.

I'd offer to make this fix myself, but this forum's search engine is so bad, I can't find any of the source code for anything.

In the mod manager, although you can select multiple items, when you click activate or deactivate, only the last selection you made is activated or deactivated.

Also, the activate or deactivate button removes the current selection, and selects only the last item.

I've changed the list to allow only a single selection.

I'd offer to make this fix myself, but this forum's search engine is so bad, I can't find any of the source code for anything.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10965-Community-Coder-Program!

Thanks, I found that via Google, and it seems rather complicated. I was planning on just making this one fix, which would be a simple CListBox::GetSelItems() and then a simple loop up to GetSelCount() to iterate the selected elements, and calling the already written mod activate and deactivate functions.

It sounds like you handled it a different way, which is unfortunate since this code seems so easy, and being able to activate and deactivate multiple mods at once would sure make it easier to play the vanilla game, and the CE game, if you ever want to swap between them. xD

Thanks, I found that via Google, and it seems rather complicated.

It sounds like you handled it a different way, which is unfortunate since this code seems so easy,

"Seems" is an appropriate word there. Getting the code itself should be probably the easiest part of getting anything done with it.

Also, quite frankly, your chances of getting these minor issues fixed would be much better by handling those yourself rather than hoping that such minor niche things ever appear near the top of my already rather extensive todo list that will never ever get even to a half of its size. Things that would be nice if they got done is certainly not what there's shortage of.

I've already emailed Chris for the NDA.

I have the oddest feeling it is stupid of me to agree to an NDA with nothing at all to my advantage. Providing free labour for a commercial game... I keep wanting to wipe my hands of this whole idea since being able to activate or deactivate multiple mods at once is hardly something I should pay a lawyer to read a legal document, or blindly sign one myself leading to a possible suing for things that I don't even actually have to do.

• 6 months later...