[V 1.64 Stable (Mac) - Ground Combat] Invisible Soldiers Except Shieldbearers

The Xenonauts I am playing was very recently bought off of Steam. It works perfectly fine, but during ground combat every single soldier who is not carrying a shield is invisible. All that can be seen is the shadow and the bullets when the invisible soldiers are firing their guns. This is a really weird bug that has stayed constant even after repeated restarts of the game. Ground combat has become (resultantly) very trippy and not very fun to play.

It may be possible that only the people with shields are being shown; one of the soldiers panicked during one of the test ground combats and the message came up saying "Adam is broken and fleeing." The soldier dropped their shield, but their character was still shown holding their shield even though it had been dropped on the ground.

I am aware this may not be addressed immediately due to this post being on holiday break time, but please address this issue as soon as possible. My theory is that the recent patch may have messed up some settings.