Help with installation?

I have Xenonauts on Steam, so I can't opt into CE, like steam. I couldn't find very good tutorials on how to manually install CE, and when I tried to do it myself, all I got was a blank geoscape that I can't do anything on. There was nothing on the internet about this either. How do I properly install CE?

Side question, does it normally take a while for the launcher to pop up? Takes a few minutes for me.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't work for me. I select Community edition under Betas in Steam, and it prints a message saying "Successfully opted into Community beta content", but when I actually fire up the game, it says it's a stable version and it doesn't have any of the features mentioned. Any idea?

Yeah, that part doesn't happen. I know exactly what you are talking about from seeing other games get updates on Steam, but when I change the selection in the Beta tab that doesn't occur. Xenonauts doesn't turn blue, and it doesn't ever do an update.

Any ideas? Should I set it to CE edition and then do the verify installation or something? Would that force an update?