[V1.59 Stable - Ground Combat] Game freezes if you take reaction fire on teleporter

Observed this on another map while playing, but didn't have a save file for that mission.

Was able to reproduce it while on a new mission in the save file provided.

Steam version of the game with no Mods and no errors on file integrity check.

To reproduce the bug you need to:

1) Load the save.

2) Take control of soldier #4 or #9.

3) Step on to the alien teleportation pad that soldier #4/#9 is standing beside.

4) Take one step off the pad towards the either of the two aliens now revealed so you're in 'sight' of them.

5) Fire at the alien on the right to get his attention, hopefully without killing him.

6) Attempt to retreat from the ship by stepping back onto the teleportation pad you came in from.

If the aliens attempt reaction fire against the fleeing soldier the game will hang indefinitely with the UI being non-responsive. I speculate as the two actions are not being resolved and the process to complete the animation/action cannot proceed.

It is worth noting that the reaction fire doesn't require to be against the soldier moving onto the pad. In some cases while attempting to recreate this situation the alien fired upon the soldiers outside the ship. This too caused the game to hang.

If the reaction fire doesn't occur you can try again with the other nearby solider. (either 4 or 9)

I've noticed that reloading the same save file seems to prevent reaction fire from occurring.

If you are unable to recreate the reaction fire on your attempts I would recommend reloading the save, saving the game using the same name and confirming the overwrite of the original file. That finally allowed me to recreate the situation after many, many reloads and no reaction fire occurring. I presume it might be a non-random seed on reloading like some of the older Civilization games had.

[ATTACH]6853[/ATTACH]

bug.sav

bug.sav

• 1 month later...