Bugs still in the game?

Chris

Hello everyone - we're probably going to do one more patch to Xenonauts 1 in order to fix up a few outstanding issues. However it's sometimes difficult to tell whether particular bugs were fixed or whether they still exist in V1.59. I'm going to use this thread to ask people if they've seen these bugs lately in vanilla Xenonauts.

First up - is anyone still getting the reaction fire hang tied to using teleporters? The one triggered when aliens reaction fire at a soldier moving onto a teleporter?

I've been doing an Insane Ironman lately and I've seen a few weird things. One was in my first mission where I could not bring a soldier back down some stairs. Hitting targets behind 100% cover is still pretty common (I know you can't do much here). I've noticed I can use the Sentinel to land in blocked terrain like the tree cluster or farm hedge, I don't think I could do that before. Line of sight issues when near UFO doors.

Here's the first one on tape: I was allowed to bring a soldier past one of my guys up the stairs, but not back down. Either I should not have been allowed up or I should have been allowed back down. Turn off the volume as I had my mic *way* too loud.

Here's a picture of a shield in blocked terrain during a Carrier crash site.

ICKHxGH.jpg

There have also been some odd line of sight issues where I could see things I shouldn't, especially near UFO entrances. Nobody should be able to see the alien in this picture and when I opened the door I lost LoS.

eL7YBPp.jpg

Here's what I saw at the end of the last turn, the alien moved to that location but the location itself wasn't visible before.

tEWGice.jpg

If I find anything else I'll let you know. I can't confirm if the teleporter reaction bug is fixed or not, I've been too cautious.

I've found a little stupid bug relate to Natioan Force Weapons:

In a miassion i pick up a farmer shotgun, after that mission, i could not use it, but it is present in general store, but since it cost "0" i could only transfer it from base to base and if a destroy the store of the bare where it's contained at the moment, there are some strange visually behaviours.

I have note verified if it occurs also with the AK of NPC forces, surely with pistols and shotgun is ok.

A workaround solution is to just put a price on them or make them completely usable, like normal balistic weapons.

My two posts (the one about interceptor bug and

the one about odd interaction of vanilla executable with X:CE mod) are also meant here.

Wrt. LOS issues: personally, the thing I've noticed is that on some maps with thick tree groups some of the tiles aren't getting uncovered from black state, regardless of how much you walk around them. I think I've occasionally seen that happen with water too.

Oh, I've recalled another thing, though this one might have been on purpose: on some of the larger UFOs you can see into the UFO from the outside, even though there doesn't seem to be any obvious LOS toward that place (often happens with a Xenonaut on the ground floor and an alien on one of the higher levels).

...and one more thing, though I'm not sure if I've really seen that or am just misremembering things: when the first cruiser with a valid leader (that is Caesan, as Sebillians don't carry Battle Rifles), I went immediately for a mass capture (fetched most of the bridge crew); the thing is that it's also the first ship to carry wraiths, so I got one of those (probably more) too.

Now the part I just might be misremembering: the bridge was obviously the last place to clean, so the mission ended with the last capture; as the summary appeared, I'm all but certain, that while the wraith was listed as taken alive, CL was listed as executed, even though it was the first leader alive *and* later the Leader research item was also unlocked. As it was the first cruiser raided, quite a few ship items were listed as sent to research, so I wonder if some limit wasn't mistakenly triggered for the list...

Obviously, the above is close to impossible to prove without a save....

Edited by noblink

X:CE is not a mod, it's a separate build of the game. You're not supposed to be running the vanilla executable with X:CE modded files, that would very likely lead to unpredictable results.

:rolleyes:well, 0.34 doesn't modify any original files on the disk, it's contained in mods dir as any other mod...except for this caveat.

The purpose of this thread was meant to be about asking if specific bugs were still in the game - i.e. the teleporter reaction fire hang - rather than a general place to report bugs that are still in the game (we've got bugs forums for that) :)

Nevertheless, thanks for your reports guys! I'll assume that the teleporter bug is fixed too.

Androns and soldiers wearing Predator armor break opened UFO doors and correctly opening (not breaking) closed, while walking via that doors. Is it a bug?

Missed shots sometimes gets in nearby units (soldiers) thru 100% blocking obstacles, like tall walls. Or rockets can miss closed UFO door and blow up inside of UFO. Is it a bug?

Edited by Frankenshtine

Ah, yeah - there is funny miscalculating bug: soldiers having odd max TU can't throw grenades after they been suppressed, and soldiers having non-odd - can. I.e. if max TU is, for example, 69, soldier will have 34 TU after suppression for next turn, but to throw a grenade will be needed 35! But soldier having 68 max TU will get same 34 TU for next turn and will be able to use grenades, it will be cost him 34. This is not fair :)

Edited by Frankenshtine

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...