New Dropship

aajs

And just as I expected the soldier loadout background screen has been a nightmare, tried many angles even drew the door on the back and tried facing it that way...

They all looked silly as this thing is very long and even tho its a light scout very big.

Therefore the only thing that looks feasible in this view is to only see part of the ship in the background....

So here goes nothing....

LightScoutLoadout.jpg

If you are playing my mods and you don't like it, then you will just have to close your eyes because I just don't want to spend any more time on it.:)

Now onto the last assault-ship, something fast that is capable of flying into space....

I am thinking something very fast but with a poor turn rate by way of balance, but also it would add an interesting new tactical challenge....I guess you will have to setup an attack run on the enemy then head of to turn out of range and head back in again....

Will have to see how it pans out.

[EDIT]

I might actually make an ultra light scout for the beginning of the game which is just the saucer section of the alien light scout craft (Remove the two pronged bits at the front).. I don't think that would be ridiculously hard to model and would add an extra enemy vessel..it would then look like one of those old school flying saucers from science fiction movies.

LightScoutLoadout.jpg

LightScoutLoadout.thumb.jpg.cec40f08ff78

Edited by aajs

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I am also very curious as to how things are going, or how they went, aajs. Seeing as you haven't posted anything new here in the last 2 years, perhaps you've abandoned the project? If not, I'm sure we'd all love to see how the progress has been :)

Cheers!