Mutual Surprise Rule in X:CE vs. vanilla?

I did a forum search and found this:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10011-Opening-door-should-trigger-reaction-fire/page8?highlight=mutual+surprise

In which it seems Ilunak is in favor of allowing aliens reaction fire when you open doors, but Chris is indicating that is not how Xenonauts vanilla was meant to work, favoring the classic XCOM mutual surprise rule?

Is this something X:CE changed? Because when I opened an alien ship door with my shield man, he got blown away immediately by a Caesan with a rifle standing on the other side of it.

Or did Chris change his mind and make the basic game behave like this too?

This is pretty important to know.

Yeah, I see X:CE has door reaction fire. I think I'd rather play vanilla if it retains XCOM's mutual surprise rule :|

This is a really big change in X:CE if it doesn't work that way in vanilla, and should probably be an option you can change in the settings somewhere if it isn't like vanilla?

Yeah, I see X:CE has door reaction fire. I think I'd rather play vanilla if it retains XCOM's mutual surprise rule :|

This is a really big change in X:CE if it doesn't work that way in vanilla, and should probably be an option you can change in the settings somewhere if it isn't like vanilla?

There could be a setting at the gameconfig.xml file. But i am not sure about it.. I think XCE way is more realistic. At X-Com type game, you are %95 the ambusher. So you ambush their UFO's and their command rooms and it's normal some ppl wait you there to open door.

I even bring this one more level and locked all UFO and command room doors at my mod. It's lame to able to open alien tech doors or even more lamer that they allow you open their own rooms or UFO's..

But XCE got so much things to offer. It would be wrong to ignore it just for this reason.