Strength Training Improvements Possible in X:CE?

Lohengramm

Would it be possible to do something to make Strength training less micro-intensive?

The way it works now is a no-brainer, just load everyone up to max weight before every mission. It isn't a decision point, just something you need to micro-manage constantly since Strength values change constantly (if you're doing your busywork correctly).

Wouldn't it be preferable to have a Strength training system that didn't require this busywork between missions?

For example, it could be as easy as lowering the training requirement to 50% of your weight capacity (from 90% presently, I think?). Just to keep SOME requirement in place, for appearances :P Then you don't need to worry about being sure your packs are full constantly after each mission. I don't honestly think this is ideal either, however, since new players still won't know when equipping their team that this is something they should always be doing.

Training other stats is more obvious / automatic / doesn't require any work outside ground combat mode, so this stands out for that reason as well. It already trains exactly the same way TU does afaik, with just an additional micro requirement between missions? Since we're already half way there, why not just go whole hog? Make Strength improvements follow the TU formula to the letter and forget about any extra requirements, since those extra requirements = pointless, boring, micro busywork with no value added?

Strength in particular was a fairly useless stat that I favour removing entirely, and both Bravery and Reflexes need a rework to get up to the importance of HP / TU / Accuracy.

Wow. From the man himself. Is this something that could be done in X:CE or would that require a ton of work to not break the game? :P

Edited by Lohengramm