So I installed CE, and it made things worse. Roofs keep toggling themselves on.

moeburn

I got Xenonauts a few weeks ago on the Humble Bundle, and I decided to try out the Community Edition, because even though I'm halfway through a game, someone said it should work with my save game. I got 0.34.

But now there's this weird bug where the enemy landed ship's roof keeps toggling on, so I can't see what my guys are doing when they've entered the alien ship. If I roll the mouse wheel up and then back down, that usually fixes it, or if I click the "toggle roofs" button, that also fixes it, but that makes everything transparent.

So, taking some screenshots from google, THIS is what I used to see when I entered an alien ship BEFORE CE:

http://i.imgur.com/dY7gX6z.jpg

And now that I've installed CE, THIS is what I see, roof and all, even if my guys are inside the alien ship:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/7/74295/2329669-xenonauts-3.jpg

And like I said, if I quickly roll my mouse wheel up and then back down, it fixes it, for a few seconds. Until I move my mouse cursor outside of the alien ship, and then the roof comes back up again. It's really frustrating because at the end of every turn, the ship goes covered again, and I can't see what the aliens are doing, my guys are getting shot inside the ship and I have no way of watching it.

Is this a bug?

Sounds like a bug. However, before the bug gets fixed, have you tried changing the roof display setting? There's a picture of a roof on the combat UI. Clicking on it switches it between 3 modes. I believe in Community Edition, in contrast with the base game, the roof setting defaults to full roof display, so that might explain the difference.

Sounds like a bug. However, before the bug gets fixed, have you tried changing the roof display setting? There's a picture of a roof on the combat UI. Clicking on it switches it between 3 modes. I believe in Community Edition, in contrast with the base game, the roof setting defaults to full roof display, so that might explain the difference.

Hey thanks for the reply! I have tried changing the roof display setting, thats what I meant by "if I click the "toggle roofs" button, that also fixes it, but that makes everything transparent. " - It does work, but it makes everything transparent, including the walls and the cover objects, which I don't like. I was hoping to make it look like the first pic.

Clicking on it switches it between 3 modes.

Well I didn't know that, lol, but I just tried and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Hell apparently now even the "transparent mode" doesn't work. Here, I recorded a video with fraps, notice how scrolling the mouse wheel (which changes the level currently selected) temporarily fixes it until I move my mouse cursor outside the alien ship:

[video=youtube;kaJY_231vZQ]