Friendly AI

aajs

There are only 2 friendly AI's, civilians and armed forces. What do you need exactly?

Both I guess.

I am thinking of doing a kind of Friendly AI Mod.

Mostly I was going to add some rare drop items to various civilians that cannot be manufactured and can only be found on some civilians. (I thought that would add an interesting slant to the game).

However If I can do more I would.

For instance if I could make an enemy faction of the Civilian Class like dare I mention it "Xcom enemy within". I would like to have a bunch of Alien siding humans etc.

Both I guess.

Mostly I was going to add some rare drop items to various civilians that cannot be manufactured and can only be found on some civilians. (I thought that would add an interesting slant to the game).

For instance if I could make an enemy faction of the Civilian Class like dare I mention it "Xcom enemy within". I would like to have a bunch of Alien siding humans etc.

But you can't make civilians as enemy? Can you?

I thought this to add that humans into ufo crews, just as aggressive so they wont be in the ufo but outside. So you can add aliens into civilians to help you. You can make humans as a main race so you can give them bases like Xenonauts. You can give them special airplanes.

It would be a very good touch. I planned this to get more alienish techs mostly armours. Aliens creates armours for that humans and you can take them and use the tech or the armours itself.

Aliens at your side is a good story which i want to use too. All the aliens we fight are slaves and captured by predaterians. So it's normal to get a help from them sooner or later. This will explain the fast gaining tech level of xenonauts too.

You just need some human style ufo/airplane hybrid models for GC..

Both I guess.

There are 4 hardcoded factions and it's hardcoded on whose side they are. Civilians are all the same, just get different look from units/civilian/tileset/ , local forces are almost the same, but they differ in the gun they get. And that's it I'm afraid.

It would be cool to have regional differences mean more...for example if you land in japan there would be more civilians but they would all be unarmed to represent the high population density and lack of guns in the country. If you land in the US pretty much everyone would be armed with machineguns. In countries like venezuela civilians could have rocket launchers.

Also if you land in a military base there should be more than a couple soldiers, maybe one of those tanks could be active as well.