Finished Xenonauts on Veteran in Iron Man mode. Thanks!

Hi,

I was pre-order for the Xenonauts and finished game when it was released on Normal. Last two months I back to the game and finished it also on Normal experiencing some of the mods (new maps, planes, soldier images and stronger tanks, etc.) The last thing was finishing game on Veteran in Iron Man mode - very responsible game play to not lost soldiers and not fuck something.

I just would like to say thanks for developers for game and moders for mods (skitso, Kabill, Lorebot).

Additional maps were very important as playing on limited deck is boring after some time. New maps in tundra and forest are very nice. I like new portraits/names mode, stronger tanks, enhanced crash sites, cybernetic armouts - mostly for avoid psionic attacs. Mod with Saracen aircraft is nice :). Hold the Line v3.1 mod to avoid psionic attacs crashing game when casean trying take control of soldier. I don't know why it didn't work.

I total I palyed probably about 100 hours for three games. the Iron Man was mega fun. Althoug I was afraid about crash games. Auto-fire of enemies trigered by moving to the teleport in a ship crashed game. You needed to kill process and start game (thankfully it helped).

In Iron Man I lost at least several good soldiers. It was very dificult and the last mission make my day. I played carefully sending most players to kill High Preator. Two soldiers on the right and they died (too fast and bad luck). Three soldiers on the left (they killed reactor and nearly back). One of those three was heavy wouned, second was Reapered. Main squad back and I was fighting with 6 Reapers a turn + several, which already went somewhere.

I was able to withstand few turns and push few soldiers on the right again. some lost, but I managed to move two on full speed to the right reactor and blow it up. Only 5 out of 12 survived in the central area and back home. Epic mission.

Now I will begin new XCOM. Hope new Xenonauts 2 will be even better than 1, as there was some things to fix/improve.

Best,

Edited by Xcom Veteran