gunners can't shoot through obstacles?

If I have an alien on the far side of a wall, and I try to shoot the alien through the wall with the machine gun (or probably any burst-firing weapon), the first bullet will break through the wall and then the other nine bullets will just hit the empty space where the wall used to be.

This is frustrating because machine gunners can't punch through obstructions to hit aliens on the other side. Will this ever be fixed?

EDIT: I don't have permission to change the title, but this is 1.59 stable on Windows.

Edited by AdamMil

Did the wall have 100% block? Anyway, maybe it works in the "community" edition. I will try it. But I generally prefer to play the official, supported version of the game, and it seems to be a problem there.

You can be right about to choose the official version at games but this is different for this game. Community edition is the only "supported" version of the game, done by very experienced coder "Ilunak". Official support finished with 1.59 version which is including old "community edition" fixes. So if you want something supported, you need to go for to XCE.. After a while you want to try mods and XCE is needed for mods.

I advise you to try XCE for sure. XCE got many game balance, bug fix and even tons of new maps inside it.