Error When Updating

RedRockRun

I had deleted it from Steam and am now trying to install it again; only now when I first try to install it, I'm told I don't have enough free disk space (99+GB are free). The second time I try to install, it allows me, but near the end of installation, I'm given the disk write error again. So far I haven't encountered this with any other games on my Steam library.

I had deleted it from Steam and am now trying to install it again; only now when I first try to install it, I'm told I don't have enough free disk space (99+GB are free). The second time I try to install, it allows me, but near the end of installation, I'm given the disk write error again. So far I haven't encountered this with any other games on my Steam library.

It could be a critical disc error at your computer. You can make a hdd checkup to see that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got exactly the same problem, and I believe it to be related to Xenonauts specifically.

How I got myself in this state? I had the CE beta version installed, then opted to go back to vanilla. It updated something like 86 MB if I remember correctly. I then decided to go back to CE, and it would not update. I tried uninstalling completely, and now Steam thinks I don't have the disk space.

I have two drives, both with at least 100 GB spare, and Xenonauts will not install on either. I tried installed another large game as a test (Dragon Age: Origins at at least 5 times the install size), and it was fine.

I have also run disk check and defrag on both drives with no errors.

I also noticed that the CE beta branch is 5800 MB versus 2800 vanilla - is this expected?

Edited by Milskin