[v1.59/X:CE v0.34.2] X - DIVISION v0.99+ Alpha Test

drages

Hm ... you dont have google drive ? Thats indeed frustrating.

But i fear i repeat myself. Tell us what happens/happened.

On 24.7.2016 at 4:34 PM, Charon said:

N

No version should crash anytime soon except:

1. You throw a stun grenade on a unconscious soldier, or a grenade in general on a unconscious soldier

2. You selected 2 Foxtrots which are from your starting base

3. You are in Phase 2, 300 - 700 ATP

Please report bugs in a proper format:

Do you have a clean install ?

Is the modlaoder correctly adjusted ?

modloader 0.99.png

What were the last things you did before the crash ?

Was there an error report ?

What does your logfile in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal say ?

Did you read and apply everything I wrote in Things I want you to know ? Its in my signature. Here are the important things:

"When switching between mods/installing new ones it is recommended to clear out/delete the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal folder to make sure the appropriate scripts are loaded. At least until you know what you are doing.

Dont have 2 XDivision mods at your mod directory, no matter the version differences, they bug the modloader in unknown ways."

The Steam Group has all the information you need. The bug thread is called https://steamcommunity.com/groups/x_division/discussions/0/364042063117418555/. Although i would advice you to only apply the main game yet. Because there is not final bug fix downlaod available and you would have to go through the whole comment section to fetch every bug fix available. This is not something i intended and i will improve the system to a sinlge download, but its not done yet. As for now the main game should be playable.

Give us the maximum of information possible and we ll be able to do the minimum of effort. "It crashed" never was a good error report for any platform, any game, any software and any hardware.

Edited by Charon

Finally found the logfile.... it says:

Sat Jul 30 09:45:30 2016: Xenonauts, version .

Sat Jul 30 09:45:30 2016: ##### : Missing string for label 'windowtitle'

Sat Jul 30 09:45:30 2016: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0300

Sat Jul 30 09:46:31 2016: MOD ERROR: Row weapon.flamethrower is duplicated in assets/items.xml .

Sat Jul 30 09:46:31 2016: MOD ERROR: Row Items.LightDroneWreckage is duplicated in assets/items.xml .

Sat Jul 30 09:46:46 2016: MOD ERROR: An element to insert already exists: Weapon

Sat Jul 30 09:46:46 2016: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for vehicleweapons_gc.xml from mod mods/xdivision_099/ failed.

Sat Jul 30 09:57:26 2016: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre

Sat Jul 30 09:57:26 2016: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for particles/bulletplume/bulletplume_spectre.xml from mod mods/xdivision_099/ failed.

I clear out the internal file and see if it still crashes but not sure what any of the above means.

1 hour ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Finally found the logfile.... it says:

Sat Jul 30 09:45:30 2016: Xenonauts, version .

Sat Jul 30 09:45:30 2016: ##### : Missing string for label 'windowtitle'

Sat Jul 30 09:45:30 2016: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0300

Sat Jul 30 09:46:31 2016: MOD ERROR: Row weapon.flamethrower is duplicated in assets/items.xml .

Sat Jul 30 09:46:31 2016: MOD ERROR: Row Items.LightDroneWreckage is duplicated in assets/items.xml .

Sat Jul 30 09:46:46 2016: MOD ERROR: An element to insert already exists: Weapon

Sat Jul 30 09:46:46 2016: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for vehicleweapons_gc.xml from mod mods/xdivision_099/ failed.

Sat Jul 30 09:57:26 2016: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre

Sat Jul 30 09:57:26 2016: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for particles/bulletplume/bulletplume_spectre.xml from mod mods/xdivision_099/ failed.

I clear out the internal file and see if it still crashes but not sure what any of the above means.

Yo, all of those errors shouldnt happen and they are quite severe. Those items.xml errors can cause quite the number of crashes.

Delete everything X-Division related, dont have any other mod active, verify game integrity and do this:

INSTALLATION

1. Download the XDivision Alpha Release: MEGA[mega.nz] (https://mega.nz/#!ZZpRVawJ!MvVhdH-xqUqNU8b8AVhPk2GKQcL9LCnN31scxt5fSNM)
2. Extract XDivision_099 and XDivision_099 Part 2 to your mod directory ( ..../mods)
3. Activate XDivision and XDivison Part 2 and set the mod priority in the modloader to:

1. XDivision Part 2

2. XDivision

4. Delete your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal\scripts folder

This should work

Okay, Charon.  Did as you suggested and it still crashed...but it was a long time before it crashed.  Don't know why...I was on the Geo screen when a MONSTER UFO appeared and started a terror mission.  My men were not equipped to handle anything larger than a scout vessel so I let it go forward...when it left dropping a A-BOMB (pretty weak one at that since it only killed about 10000 people).  Just a few seconds after that message it crashed--was still on geo screen.  I will include the log but it is longer than the earlier one.  NOT sure where to put bugs list I found but here goes,  Or find a list of known bugs.

Engineers built a phaserrifle from parts taken from scout vessels but did not get one to equip my men??

My VERY First mission had my 8 newbies fighting TWO large robots....needless to say mission ended with all my men DEAD.  Reloaded and aborted mission....next one was just the thinnies (forgot what they are called right now)...probably remember as soon as I save this message.  Wonder how those TWO LARGE robots fit in the small scout.

Here is the log:  Hope this attachment works...first time I tried this.n  Finally figured out how to take screenshots.  Heres my mod manager.

logfile.txtlogfile.txtlogfile.txtlogfile.txt

2016-08-02.png

Edited by Larry Burstyn
Clarify when crash happened. Add screenshot.

14 hours ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Okay, Charon.  Did as you suggested and it still crashed...but it was a long time before it crashed.  Don't know why...I was on the Geo screen when a MONSTER UFO appeared and started a terror mission.  My men were not equipped to handle anything larger than a scout vessel so I let it go forward...when it left dropping a A-BOMB (pretty weak one at that since it only killed about 10000 people).  Just a few seconds after that message it crashed--was still on geo screen.  I will include the log but it is longer than the earlier one.  NOT sure where to put bugs list I found but here goes,  Or find a list of known bugs.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/x_division/discussions/0/364042063117418555/

I really have to call that: why didnt you see this ? Its pinned on the board.

Engineers built a phaserrifle from parts taken from scout vessels but did not get one to equip my men??

They are not building a phaserrfle, they are dissasembling (DSB) it, giving you a part of the weapon.

My VERY First mission had my 8 newbies fighting TWO large robots....needless to say mission ended with all my men DEAD.  Reloaded and aborted mission....next one was just the thinnies (forgot what they are called right now)...probably remember as soon as I save this message.  Wonder how those TWO LARGE robots fit in the small scout.

These are just testing robots. Get the latest ufocontents here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27Z44zoal_VaFdZdFQyLU5FOFk

2016-08-02.png

Ok, i dont even know where to start here. Let me simply ask: does this look anything like that ?

modloader 0.99.png

Garrison Duty: No

Furries, Terror,...: No

Armored Assault: No

If i say i want it to be exactly looking like i show it than i mean i want it EXACTLY to be looking like i show it + the additional directions i give.

2 hours ago, Charon said:

They are not building a phaserrfle, they are dissasembling (DSB) it, giving you a part of the weapon.

These are just testing robots. Get the latest ufocontents here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27Z44zoal_VaFdZdFQyLU5FOFk

Garrison Duty: No

Furries, Terror,...: No

Armored Assault: No

If i say i want it to be exactly looking like i show it than i mean i want it EXACTLY to be looking like i show it + the additional directions i give.

Sorry, my eyes are not too good and I miss seeing obvious things somtimes (25% loss of vision--it was more before the surgeries).  I did not notice where to upload bug fixes or where known ones are listed.  As far as the mod manager I don't know what the first six in your list are?  I also did not notice that you did not have listed the three you said no to above.  Will correct.  So that's what DSB means.

4 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Sorry, my eyes are not too good and I miss seeing obvious things somtimes (25% loss of vision--it was more before the surgeries).  I did not notice where to upload bug fixes or where known ones are listed.  As far as the mod manager I don't know what the first six in your list are?  I also did not notice that you did not have listed the three you said no to above.  Will correct.  So that's what DSB means.

Np, keep it up :).

hi fellas, im interested in playing the mod, but i went in a very long hiatus, its too much to ask if you can show me where is the lastest file i should play?
my internet its PRETTY CRAPPY so d'wing 4gb of files is something like 10 hours or for my net...so it would be a total pain if i download something just to find there is something sooner in a file different for the one in the main page, thanks for your help :) .

2 hours ago, blackwolf said:

hi fellas, im interested in playing the mod, but i went in a very long hiatus, its too much to ask if you can show me where is the lastest file i should play?
my internet its PRETTY CRAPPY so d'wing 4gb of files is something like 10 hours or for my net...so it would be a total pain if i download something just to find there is something sooner in a file different for the one in the main page, thanks for your help :) .

Blackwolf? Are you alive? OMG.. i did not expect this return :)

It would be nice to have a tester like you back at here. For download just wait some days more. We will publish first stable version with one shot download link.

whats up compadre, yes, i kind of returned xD, a lot of stuff happened in RL..including my country who is going fubar ....and i broke my arm (and i have a really silly CHEST HAIRED MANLY pink cast in my hand)..soo im coming home, i heard the news of the new XENO 2, and found all the changes you made all the time i was MIA (wow, it seems a lot of stuff, im really impressed and proud of what you did, congratulations for the sick job bro :))

This is right at the start of phase 2 and im fighting with mk2 weapons on a Terror site. Pardon the airfight, i didnt think there would be an interruption.

Explanation: Sebillians shouldnt be able to see thorugh fire but i guess some other compagnion spottet me from the side. Was pretty hard, the abort necessary. Why can Alpha Reapers run so far and what killed my mayor ? Aliens OP ! Drages nerve them !

• Like 1

I applied the updates as you "suggested".  Still have not found where to report problems...

Mantech.vv.pulselaser on tanks only gets 10 shots (means it can only fire ONCE)...is this correct?

Mantech.grenade.stun does not show up as a producible item in workshop after researching it.  Stun Rocket does after it is researched but not grenade.

Mantech.Shockgun causes immediate crash to desktop when chosen to be built.

Fighters do not drop datacores...shot down at least 20 and not one datacore.

Where do you get Energycores...need to produce some items but never seem to get one when capturing a scout or light scout.

Captured a corvette and got the datacore but did not get the research so I cannot disassemble a corvette.

In workshop...tab called Extraterrestrial--no items seem to be producible.  Example.  Mantech.AlienPhaserRifle requires 5 Weapon.AlienPhaserRifles.  (had 6) so I click on produce.

Got message it was produced but the only thing that changed was number of Weapon.AlienPhaserRifles was now 1.  NO other inventory changes could be seen and nothing showed up in the weapon list.  What was suppose to happen?

Edited by Larry Burstyn
Remembered other problems.

2 hours ago, Larry Burstyn said:

I applied the updates as you "suggested".

:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D What did i do ? Force you :p ?

Still have not found where to report problems...

here or in this thread:

On 2.8.2016 at 9:11 PM, Charon said:

here is an extraction:

!!!URGENT!!! Alpha Bug Thread

You can collect bugs you find here but most importantly im going to put bugs which cant be fixed from my side here:

Mantech.vv.pulselaser on tanks only gets 10 shots (means it can only fire ONCE)...is this correct?

reported and fixed

Mantech.grenade.stun does not show up as a producible item in workshop after researching it.  Stun Rocket does after it is researched but not grenade.

fixed

Mantech.Shockgun causes immediate crash to desktop when chosen to be built.

shouldnt, but im not so far that i can test that.

Fighters do not drop datacores...shot down at least 20 and not one datacore.

If you are refering to 1xItems.AlienFighterDatacore, then it is capped, meaning you wont get more than 1. If its 1xItems.FallenAlienFighter you should be able to get unlimited amount of this.

is there a window popping up after the shotdown? over land it should and over see it shouldnt.

Where do you get Energycores...need to produce some items but never seem to get one when capturing a scout or light scout.

You gte them from disassembling energy weapons like phaser and lightning weapons

Captured a corvette and got the datacore but did not get the research so I cannot disassemble a corvette.

Right, you need an navigator for the datacore research. Alive, corpses dont talk.

In workshop...tab called Extraterrestrial--no items seem to be producible.  Example.  Mantech.AlienPhaserRifle requires 5 Weapon.AlienPhaserRifles.  (had 6) so I click on produce.

Got message it was produced but the only thing that changed was number of Weapon.AlienPhaserRifles was now 1.  NO other inventory changes could be seen and nothing showed up in the weapon list.  What was suppose to happen?

You cant produce any alien weapons. This are disassembles. You disassemble the amount of weapons and get teh appropriate core for it. Energycore for energyweapons and ballisticcore for ballistic weapons.

20 minutes ago, Charon said:

:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D What did i do ? Force you :p ?

here or in this thread:

here is an extraction:

reported and fixed

fixed

shouldnt, but im not so far that i can test that.

If you are refering to 1xItems.AlienFighterDatacore, then it is capped, meaning you wont get more than 1. If its 1xItems.FallenAlienFighter you should be able to get unlimited amount of this.

is there a window popping up after the shotdown? over land it should and over see it shouldnt.

You gte them from disassembling energy weapons like phaser and lightning weapons

Right, you need an navigator for the datacore research. Alive, corpses dont talk.

You cant produce any alien weapons. This are disassembles. You disassemble the amount of weapons and get teh appropriate core for it. Energycore for energyweapons and ballisticcore for ballistic weapons.

Actually you did...you stood over me with a phaser rifle.

Ok.  I'll report what I find here.

Were the fixes in the update that is listed XDivision_099 20160802...

Or in the updates on the STEAM website.

I got plenty of the Items.FallenAlienFighter but the thing asks for DATACORES (Let me confirm that.).

Yeah, over water you get nothing from fighters or any UFO's...only over land

does the popup show with what you got. 

I had captured him and after the interrogation was done I got BOMBERCorvetteDSB.

I'll have to check the energycore/ballisticcore stuff but I'll swear I did not see any inventory changes when I made the phaserrifle.  Some items have the same item listed twice like it needs 1 Datacore, 1 Datacore?

Just started into Phase 2 and am going against sebillians with ballistic weapons ... at night.20160804154526_1.jpg

Thats after a long and attrocious fight with an 1350 hp, ballistic resistant battle tank. Keep those rockets flying. Unfortuantely one reaper got too close to Pvt. Zhenya Kalashnikov. May he rest in peace.

20160804154900_1.jpg

Can you see that ? I think this is it.20160804155138_1.jpg

OK, we are going to breach that thing !20160804155945_1.jpg

Wheres the goddam door ?20160804160254_1.jpg

MAN DOWN ! Sgt. Vadim Falin has fallen.

20160804160514_1.jpg

You had one job, Carl ! ONE JOB !

20160804161842_1.jpg

Gotta do this. We are going to get so much crap if we seize that UFO.

20160804163617_1.jpg

Ok, thats a squadwipe ... no jolly bros this time.

If I would have pulled out when Vadim Falin had fallen it would look like that:

20160804225510_1.jpg

Would have been the better decision.

Edited by Charon

Heres a base attack with Phase 1 weapons VS ... Phase 1 aliens ? Hm

Part 1 is thinking and positioning

Part 2 is a Cliffhanger ... kidding, my system crashed, but luckily i saved at the end of every round

Part 3 is pretty nostalgic, if you know what i mean

fine then, i downloaded the ALPHA RELEASE (weights 3,98 IIRC), applied the x99 part two folder, is there any cummulative patch or something to upgrade this into more recent build?, something like hotfixes or something . i cant play with that version because i cant equip  basic rocket launchers for example(its missing in the equip tab, but there it is the rocket ammo so i dont know if its is WAI, also a little question, isnt the flamethrower aviable since the beggining?).