[v1.59/X:CE v0.34.2] X - DIVISION v0.99+ Alpha Test

drages

50 MEMBERs IN THE STEAM GROUP !

Terror 3 Part 1.flv - removed, its now avaiable on youtube - Charon

I think ill upload all parts to yotube, if the need arises.

@Solver This video has 627mb. Is that alright ? I will take it down if you want to. I was trying out if this is working and how it functions, unfortunately there is not a "view in browser" thing.

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

Hi! I watched the video! Really impressing!

Just as a feedback, i noticed you integrated Grimple's Ambient Sounds (or part of it). Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste, but it seems to me that the sounds are a bit too loud (that damned crow, for example, it's really oppressive). 

I worked hard to raise the sound from 0.6 to 1.2 volume coefficience. This is mostly because some sounds are too weak to be able to hear for me and i really do love ambient sounds im comparasion to game music. I would really love if Grimpels continued with his mod, sound is one of the things which makes me fall in love with some games. The aforementioned crow sounds just epic to me, like sitting on a roof, laughing at your efforts and not shutting up even if you want it to. Really eerie.

Interested in Part 2 and 3 ? It will take a while i guess until i can upload them anywhere though atm. Its just cleaning up and captureing aliens but the twist at the end is quite remarkable.

Edited by Charon

16 hours ago, Charon said:

I worked hard to raise the sound from 0.6 to 1.2 volume coefficience. This is mostly because some sounds are too weak to be able to hear for me and i really do love ambient sounds im comparasion to game music. I would really love if Grimpels continued with his mod, sound is one of the things which makes me fall in love with some games. The aforementioned crow sounds just epic to me, like sitting on a roof, laughing at your efforts and not shutting up even if you want it to. Really eerie.

Interested in Part 2 and 3 ? It will take a while i guess until i can upload them anywhere though atm. Its just cleaning up and captureing aliens but the twist at the end is quite remarkable.

HI.  I downloaded version 99 but where can I get updates when they are made to correct bugs that have been found?  My version crashes after about 20 minutes of play...not sure why.

Edit:  What are ItemsA thru E.  I can make them after doing research but I have no idea what they are since nothing changes after I make them.

Edited by Larry Burstyn

N

33 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

HI.  I downloaded version 99 but where can I get updates when they are made to correct bugs that have been found?  My version crashes after about 20 minutes of play...not sure why.

No version should crash anytime soon except:

1. You throw a stun grenade on a unconscious soldier, or a grenade in general on a unconscious soldier

2. You selected 2 Foxtrots which are from your starting base

3. You are in Phase 2, 300 - 700 ATP

Please report bugs in a proper format:

Do you have a clean install ?

Is the modlaoder correctly adjusted ?

modloader 0.99.png

What were the last things you did before the crash ?

Was there an error report ?

What does your logfile in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal say ?

Did you read and apply everything I wrote in Things I want you to know ? Its in my signature. Here are the important things:

"When switching between mods/installing new ones it is recommended to clear out/delete the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal folder to make sure the appropriate scripts are loaded. At least until you know what you are doing.

Dont have 2 XDivision mods at your mod directory, no matter the version differences, they bug the modloader in unknown ways."

The Steam Group has all the information you need. The bug thread is called https://steamcommunity.com/groups/x_division/discussions/0/364042063117418555/. Although i would advice you to only apply the main game yet. Because there is not final bug fix downlaod available and you would have to go through the whole comment section to fetch every bug fix available. This is not something i intended and i will improve the system to a sinlge download, but its not done yet. As for now the main game should be playable.

Edited by Charon

13 hours ago, Charon said:

N

No version should crash anytime soon except:

1. You throw a stun grenade on a unconscious soldier, or a grenade in general on a unconscious soldier

2. You selected 2 Foxtrots which are from your starting base

3. You are in Phase 2, 300 - 700 ATP

Please report bugs in a proper format:

Do you have a clean install ?

Is the modlaoder correctly adjusted ?

modloader 0.99.png

What were the last things you did before the crash ?

Was there an error report ?

What does your logfile in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal say ?

Did you read and apply everything I wrote in Things I want you to know ? Its in my signature. Here are the important things:

"When switching between mods/installing new ones it is recommended to clear out/delete the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal folder to make sure the appropriate scripts are loaded. At least until you know what you are doing.

Dont have 2 XDivision mods at your mod directory, no matter the version differences, they bug the modloader in unknown ways."

The Steam Group has all the information you need. The bug thread is called https://steamcommunity.com/groups/x_division/discussions/0/364042063117418555/. Although i would advice you to only apply the main game yet. Because there is not final bug fix downlaod available and you would have to go through the whole comment section to fetch every bug fix available. This is not something i intended and i will improve the system to a sinlge download, but its not done yet. As for now the main game should be playable.

Hmmm.  First thing I noticed that my download is version XDivision 099  not XDivision 099_3 or XDivision 099_3 Part 2.  I downloaded from the site linked that says get Alpha version here.

7 hours ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Hmmm.  First thing I noticed that my download is version XDivision 099  not XDivision 099_3 or XDivision 099_3 Part 2.  I downloaded from the site linked that says get Alpha version here.

Ah, no, thats ok. Thats just my modloader and i have another version. In general this is just my modloader.

You should have:

• XDivision 099
  • XDivision 099 Part2
Edited by Charon

On 24/7/2016 at 0:09 AM, Charon said:

Yeah, i'm interested!

Anyway, i've not considered that i usually play this with earphones!

On 24.7.2016 at 4:14 PM, Larry Burstyn said:

Edit:  What are ItemsA thru E.  I can make them after doing research but I have no idea what they are since nothing changes after I make them.

These are just developer items to test different things.

Heres the whole terror mission. Part focuses on the action, part 2 is all about captureing aliens, and part 3 is cleaning up with a prettty big surpirse at the end.

I think its and testament on how well written the AI is.

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

From the developer discussion thread. You can discuss this.

40 minutes ago, Charon said:

Talking about carbines and shotguns. I think the cost of 40% tu makes them simply worse hmg. they should have fire tus like 18%tu so they can fire at least 5 times when standing still. This would go well hand in hand with the low range of 3. Maybe set the range for better version from 6 to 5 or 4. The damage and pellets would need to get rebalanced for this but all in all this would make the shotgun really unique and viable. I know that thats a lot of rebalanceing though.

35 minutes ago, drages said:

We got shotguns and melees.. and pistols.. we need to have them together and balance them without OP each other.. i am open any idea.. just test and tell me "its now better/usefulll" .. and done..

32 minutes ago, Charon said:

Ok, i just really like the idea of running into a room with a shootgun, shooting and running out again. This is what i really miss here actually. And i want to decrease the armor degredation from 15 to 10 to make armor viable. Although this would kill players who fight against reaperbulls early on. Im still thinking about that.

29 minutes ago, drages said:

You can't play with armour deg. everytime. If you make the armour so viable, then if you dont have right weapon, you won't have any chance.. even 15 is low and get make it lower..

But you are right about the usage of the shotgun.. but with low damage weapon, you need to add high mitigation but its not logical for shutguns.. so this is the point we need to handle..

4 minutes ago, Charon said:

Well im not really into LOGICAL. Whats less logical than only sending 8 soldiers to a crashsite ? And only 1 chopper ? A real platoon consists of maximal 168 soldiers with a 3 or 4 armored tank support and a number of helicopters which can transport all those people efficiently, say like 12. Additionally 2 support attack helicopters if things get ugly.

Now compare that to a misely chopper and 8 (!!!!!!!) soldiers. Even if we are a secret organisation theres no reason not to send 2 or more choppers as soon as they get available. This game is not really that logical :).

I want the players to have something to play and am less concerned with logical things :D.

But i can see your point: Many pellets AND low %tu = low dmg per pellet = means it has to shred away all the armor before it does dmg without high mitigation. Although i dont think thats necessarily a bad thing. Every armor point you shred away means that other soldiers have it easier to do dmg. Now add that to an insanely high amount of total dmg and the armor will soon be broken. Armor destroyers. The insanely high total dmg also means that its absolutely deadly vs targets with low or no armor against that type. Which would further stress the different weapon usages. Thats a good thing.

Right now i can see 3 versions:

1. Only implement a high amount of mitigation and a bit lower range with the same 40%tu costs to set it apart from the hmg. As soon as you get in range with that thing it means it can do almost 100% of its dmg. = Full Mitigation weapon

2. Set the tu to 18%. Set the total damage to an insane high amount. None/low mitigation. 1 lower range. = Armor shredder

3. Set the tu to 18%. Moderate dmg. Very high mitigation. -1 range. = good close range weapon which can inflict almost 100% of its dmg when the trigger is pulled.

Personally im a fan 2. . This makes the shotgun balanced vs armored targets and deadly vs non armoured targets. It also helps to shred away armor for other soldiers so its 50% a support weapon against higher armor targets, instead of a simple killer. Like the difference between 1.,3. and 2. is that 1.,3. are simply the best weapon for its range, so if you are close range use shootguns, but 2. makes it more of a support weapon where you count on the high armor degredation to work for you. 2. adds a usability beyond the simply: Use this weapon for this range.

34 minutes ago, drages said:

Yes i can make the range low and damage high without mitigation.. because if i give high mitigation and it will be no point that its an energy or kinetic weapon..

What do you think about pellet number? should we tons of pellets like +10 or average 4-8 maybe... with every pellet the damage should be lower..

or give me damage number.. like if a rifle bullet hits for 40, what should be the damage and pellet number of a shotgun?

Just now, Charon said:

Hm, ... low, very low, I would say around 5 is a good number. Maybe 4. The number of pellets should be high, very high. Say around 12 ( for starting weapons) - 30 ( for better versions/later weapons). This is not really logical, i know but it really makes the weapon unique:

Lets make a proper example: 6 damage, 3 mitigation, 3 range, 10 pellets, 18%tu, long reload time (40), 8 shot magazines

• The better the range the lower the total dmg output
  • The mitigation is there to make them less powerfull in total and earlier dmg dealing
  • The mitigation also makes them less powerfull against non armored targets, than adding 3 dmg straight per pellet
  • The long reload time is there so that even if you COULD shoot 5 times right in front of you you also have to have the bullets for it, this is to encourage of planning ahead and earlier reloads, thuse losing rounds, makeing the wight system more important ( you either shoot less bullets or have more in your backbag)
  • This example is for the mk1 ballistic shotgun/carbine. The standart one should be weaker.

• Better versions should have:
  • Better Range: between 3 - 6 (6 is only for the highest endgame shotguns)
  • Bigger magazine capacitys: between 8 - 13
  • better damage: example mk1: 6:, mk2: 7; mk3: 8
  • Mitigation is always half of the dmg to make them not too overpowered
  • higher bellet count: between 10 - 16 this has to be balanced with the dmg
  • higher agility multiplier

The highest numbers are only for the best/hidden weapons, normally they can be lower.

All of this makes me think we should assign unique agility multiplier to all weapons instead of the standart x1.5 and x2.0.

And, all in all i think i would welcome a bit more assymetric weapon tree, although thats for the future.

Just watching and patiently waiting for my studies to slow down next week. Is there a regular version to get a normal campaign game going?? Maybe I glossed over that fact.

Watched your first terror video Charon. It is remarkable to see how different you play than I do. Have to play it the hard way....only saving is done outside of missions :D. Also joined the steam group! 

19 minutes ago, Lament said:

Just watching and patiently waiting for my studies to slow down next week. Is there a regular version to get a normal campaign game going?? Maybe I glossed over that fact.

Watched your first terror video Charon. It is remarkable to see how different you play than I do. Have to play it the hard way....only saving is done outside of missions :D. Also joined the steam group! 

Welcome! welcome!

Yeah charon and some more people are playing campaign but of course he got the only most updated version.. we nearly update 2-3 times in a day.. game is long so its not so easy to see whole game.. even charon did not start to phase 2..  which the real game starts..

Charons gameplay is different yeah.. i am shouting him everyday to use other weapons.. i could convince him to use vehicles after he failed a terror mission 4 times.. :)

We are making final cleaning/balancing.. we want to publish a non-bug version and only for balance work for patches.. 

This is the code for the Dark Technology Research:

Researches.AlienDarkPistol(AND)Researches.AlienDarkAssault(AND)Researches.AlienDarkCannon(AND)Researches.CaesanOperatorTerror2Interrogation(AND)Function.Chance(ADT1ChanceName,1,49)(AND)Researches.SebillianterrorsoldierInterrogation(OR)Researches.AlienDarkPistol(AND)Researches.AlienDarkAssault(AND)Researches.AlienDarkCannon(AND)Researches.CaesanOperatorTerror2Interrogation(AND)Function.Chance(ADT1ChanceName,50,100)(AND)Researches.CaesanterrorsoldierInterrogation(OR)Researches.AlienDarkPistol(AND)Researches.AlienDarkAssault(AND)Researches.AlienDarkCannon(AND)Researches.CaesanOperatorTerror2Interrogation(AND)Function.Chance(ADT2ChanceName,1,49)(AND)Researches.HarridanterrorsoldierInterrogation(OR)Researches.AlienDarkPistol(AND)Researches.AlienDarkAssault(AND)Researches.AlienDarkCannon(AND)Researches.CaesanOperatorTerror2Interrogation(AND)Function.Chance(ADT2ChanceName,50,100)(AND)Researches.WraithterrorsoldierInterrogation(OR)Researches.AlienDarkPistol(AND)Researches.AlienDarkAssault(AND)Researches.AlienDarkCannon(AND)Researches.SebillianOperatorTerror2Interrogation(AND)Function.Chance(ADT1ChanceName,1,49)(AND)Researches.SebillianterrorsoldierInterrogation(OR)Researches.AlienDarkPistol(AND)Researches.AlienDarkAssault(AND)Researches.AlienDarkCannon(AND)Researches.SebillianOperatorTerror2Interrogation(AND)Function.Chance(ADT1ChanceName,50,100)(AND)Researches.CaesanterrorsoldierInterrogation(OR)Researches.AlienDarkPistol(AND)Researches.AlienDarkAssault(AND)Researches.AlienDarkCannon(AND)Researches.SebillianOperatorTerror2Interrogation(AND)Function.Chance(ADT2ChanceName,1,49)(AND)Researches.HarridanterrorsoldierInterrogation(OR)Researches.AlienDarkPistol(AND)Researches.AlienDarkAssault(AND)Researches.AlienDarkCannon(AND)Researches.SebillianOperatorTerror2Interrogation(AND)Function.Chance(ADT2ChanceName,50,100)(AND)Researches.WraithterrorsoldierInterrogation

and translated this looks like this:

Dark Technology Research Map.png

Every path is a valid research line you can go on and this is only 1 out of 883 researches.

What do you think ?

Just now, Larry Burstyn said:

Looks complicated. 

The player doesnt need to know about this.

It basically means that the more aliens you catch the higher the chance for unlocking the research is. This will keep players on their toes to really catch everything there is, or most of it.

No im not talking about pokemon go here.

I am still getting crashes.  Not sure what the problem is but it's frustrating.  I think it may be because I made a mistake in downloading and installing the mod.  Google will not let me download the entire folder but makes me download each file separately. . and then I have to make the folder and reinstall the files in these folders correctly.  I probably put a file in the wrong folder or misspelled the folder's name.  It would help if the download was put in this forum's download area.