[v1.59/X:CE v0.34.2] X - DIVISION v0.99+ Alpha Test

drages

6 minutes ago, blackwolf said:

i finished downloading everything, and i'll apply the patch later when i arrive home, but i have to say after seeing all the sheer numbers of objetcs in xenopaedia and all the images, it looks pretty awesome :D!

You havent seen anything yet :). Im looking forward to your oppinion.

yes, i just find the top of the iceberg :p , btw, its just my opinion, but i found ranks "not fitting" quite well with some races, for example, a caesan chieftain sound very "orchish" in my opinion, and that kind of titles should be used with some more primal foes like the sebilians (and the sebilians doesnt have "TITLES" akin to their abilities, but that just my opinion tho :p)

Hey Charon i'm having trouble figuring out what the current build is with latest bugs cleared. Is it possible to maybe switch the top post in one of the steam threads to keep it updated. It seems like there is all sorts of little things to do and change reading the bug threads.  

I thought I had it all set up right, yet I still have that giant mech appearing just on my first scout :/

5 hours ago, Lament said:

Hey Charon i'm having trouble figuring out what the current build is with latest bugs cleared. Is it possible to maybe switch the top post in one of the steam threads to keep it updated. It seems like there is all sorts of little things to do and change reading the bug threads.  

I thought I had it all set up right, yet I still have that giant mech appearing just on my first scout :/

But... that giant mech is cool.. and if something is cool, it should be at Xdivision..

The Beta build will be up in 24 hours i hope.. so you won't need any search.. just give us some more hours to finish final touchs.

On 8/7/2016 at 0:31 AM, blackwolf said:

yes, i just find the top of the iceberg :p , btw, its just my opinion, but i found ranks "not fitting" quite well with some races, for example, a caesan chieftain sound very "orchish" in my opinion, and that kind of titles should be used with some more primal foes like the sebilians (and the sebilians doesnt have "TITLES" akin to their abilities, but that just my opinion tho :p)

Good point about chieftain. What word can we use? Any suggestion?

1 hour ago, drages said:

The Beta build will be up in 24 hours i hope.. so you won't need any search.. just give us some more hours to finish final touchs.

As the one who writes i can only say its writtten when its written, not sooner, not later.

7 hours ago, Lament said:

The steam alpha is not up to date and in any other circumstances you would have get a pm with detailed instructions how to upgrade to the latest build, but the Beta is indeed only some words away and i think its the best solution you wait for the release, but can also get the detailed instructions if you want :).

4 hours ago, Charon said:

Minion BIG ?

Could always use something simple like Air force names. ie. Captain, Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, Brigadier General, Major General, Lieutenant General, General

Or could go with something like ie. Pilot Officer, Flying Officer, Flight Lieutenant, Squadron Leader, Wing Commander, Group Captain, Air Commodore, Air Vice Marshal, Air Marshal

4 hours ago, Charon said:

As the one who writes i can only say its writtten when its written, not sooner, not later.

The steam alpha is not up to date and in any other circumstances you would have get a pm with detailed instructions how to upgrade to the latest build, but the Beta is indeed only some words away and i think its the best solution you wait for the release, but can also get the detailed instructions if you want :).

So I guess I shall play the waiting game. Just when I had a good solid couple days to play :/  Been waiting a long time for this. You know...it's funny I've never even played the end game or the original game. haha. Only 200 hours in after all.

hi pal, i started playing recently and i have a few issues to report: (i followed all your instructions, so i hope i do it right)          playing in insane**

-First of all idk if is WAI or is a bug, but any door in the ufo's seems to work correctly, i cant open it and at first i though it could be a really cool feature, so i bring a "sapper" guy with me and demolished the door with c4....then noticed that i could destroy it with a simple grenade too...then discovered this happened also with internal doors..THEN i noticed that because doors are perma-closed, all enemies inside the ufo are trapped so i have to just sweep the few guys outside the ufo (mostly three or four ) and then shoot the sitting ducks trapped inside the ufo, the two things i dislike most is the fact that:

a)aliens doesnt pop up and punish me for moving my troops to close to the ufo.
b) because of a) i can take all the turns i want to position my guys exactly where i want pretty safely.

- Playing in insane feels kind of bland because of this, i had only like...5, maybe 6 k.i.a over 8 missions, and mostly because my own stupidity.

-Aside that, everything feels good, i dont think i have found an empty research window(an completely empty pop up leading anywhere i mean) , or a single CTD (hooray for this :D!, its pretty stable, congrats) , i just spend a few hours playing so maybe my report its lacking a bit of bulk...so i just nitpick stuff from the xenopedia , and because of this i found a few typos,some of them can be guessed by the fact the xenopedia is a ongoing work:

a)the AWACS page have a quote&borrowed&quote typo. 
b)ballistics rifle have a repeated "enough enough" in their description.
c)basic armor picture appears to be the old model, not the new (and cooler) one.
d)i made the hunter, but not the foxtroot research (it is not aviable..so the "alien invasion" page states wrong the final part...this could lead to misunderstandings)
e)speaking of the hunter...it doesnt have a xenopedia description (i only have the word "description" and thats it), the same with some ufos, completely understable.
f) relationshipbnous typo error in the crash ufo description
g)there is a viper turret page,but there is not a 50.cal page for the hunter (iirc there was a picture of the page in the xenopedia folder).
h)i guess the armor orders are swapped because i got wolf armor in one moth (by oct-9) but there is not any news about jackals or foxes :p. 
i) alenium explosive have a couple of ...errr...gibberish? (sorry i forgot the word), nonsense with quotes and #$ simbols (i dont remember how to quote editing with note+++, so i could fix this easily so you could focus in more importan stuff)
j) allenium warheads are empty , but there is one page talking about torpedos (also this opens a research just called GRENADE wich result in something like the chemical page but with purple tanks)

(I think research should take a bit longer because i already got allenium explosive and wolf armor in less than 2 months)

ps how it was i activate the debug mode so i have all research aviable?, (sorry..i dont remember if it was this game or with  OPENXCOM xDDD)

3 hours ago, blackwolf said:

hi pal, i started playing recently and i have a few issues to report: (i followed all your instructions, so i hope i do it right)          playing in insane**

-First of all idk if is WAI or is a bug, but any door in the ufo's seems to work correctly, i cant open it and at first i though it could be a really cool feature, so i bring a "sapper" guy with me and demolished the door with c4....then noticed that i could destroy it with a simple grenade too...then discovered this happened also with internal doors..THEN i noticed that because doors are perma-closed, all enemies inside the ufo are trapped so i have to just sweep the few guys outside the ufo (mostly three or four ) and then shoot the sitting ducks trapped inside the ufo, the two things i dislike most is the fact that:

a)aliens doesnt pop up and punish me for moving my troops to close to the ufo.
b) because of a) i can take all the turns i want to position my guys exactly where i want pretty safely.

- Playing in insane feels kind of bland because of this, i had only like...5, maybe 6 k.i.a over 8 missions, and mostly because my own stupidity.

This is something Drages can answer you perfectly. I have talked with Drages about that too.

Phase 1, so the first 138 days, are more or less of a tutorial, with you setting up your presence around the globe and get to start to know the enemy. The disassembling systems will get introduced, the aircraft manufacture system will get introduced, a few crashsites here, an odd alien there, a terrorsite and when you are unlucky an air terrorsite. After 69 days corvettes and bombercorvettes appear and this is when things will start to become ugly.

This game will make you cry soon enough so enjoy the easy peazy pace while you can. Set up enough bases around the globe too, just in case you need them.
Phase 2 will break you soon enough :). If it doesnt, write back and I´ll see what i can do, but i dont think it will be necessary.

-Aside that, everything feels good, i dont think i have found an empty research window(an completely empty pop up leading anywhere i mean) , or a single CTD (hooray for this :D!, its pretty stable, congrats) , i just spend a few hours playing so maybe my report its lacking a bit of bulk...so i just nitpick stuff from the xenopedia , and because of this i found a few typos,some of them can be guessed by the fact the xenopedia is a ongoing work:

The xenopedia is not ongoing. The pictures are 100% done and the strings except the "key information" and the " description" parts are 0% finished, besides a few ones i wrote myself. Basically, dont trust an xpedia entry with an picture you have seen before, its old information.

Did i mention we need a storywriter ?

a)the AWACS page have a quote&borrowed&quote typo. 
b)ballistics rifle have a repeated "enough enough" in their description.
c)basic armor picture appears to be the old model, not the new (and cooler) one.
d)i made the hunter, but not the foxtroot research (it is not aviable..so the "alien invasion" page states wrong the final part...this could lead to misunderstandings)
e)speaking of the hunter...it doesnt have a xenopedia description (i only have the word "description" and thats it), the same with some ufos, completely understable.
f) relationshipbnous typo error in the crash ufo description
g)there is a viper turret page,but there is not a 50.cal page for the hunter (iirc there was a picture of the page in the xenopedia folder).
h)i guess the armor orders are swapped because i got wolf armor in one moth (by oct-9) but there is not any news about jackals or foxes :p. 
i) alenium explosive have a couple of ...errr...gibberish? (sorry i forgot the word), nonsense with quotes and #$ simbols (i dont remember how to quote editing with note+++, so i could fix this easily so you could focus in more importan stuff)
j) allenium warheads are empty , but there is one page talking about torpedos (also this opens a research just called GRENADE wich result in something like the chemical page but with purple tanks)

(I think research should take a bit longer because i already got allenium explosive and wolf armor in less than 2 months)

Thx, I ll look into those asap.

You shouldnt be able to get wolf in phase 1 though, something must have gone wrong there.

ps how it was i activate the debug mode so i have all research aviable?, (sorry..i dont remember if it was this game or with  OPENXCOM xDDD)

hm ... i dont think xenonauts has something like that.

Ufo doors are locked.But the HP of doors is working different then we expected so it will be balanced.

at first housemate its easy but even at insane the 1. Phase is a long tutorial to show you everything about mod.

Charonn and draku worked on code and tests so we don't have CD because of mod.

10 hours ago, blackwolf said:

) relationshipbnous typo error in the crash ufo description

Elaborate.

Its impossible to get the wolf in one month. Looks like the XCE researches took over.

there is and it should work correctly. The viper picture doesnt get shown too. looks like XCE took over again

6 hours ago, Charon said:

alenium warheads are not even in the game, disabled them, again > XCE research

Rest is fixed.

Looks like the researches.xml is not working for you. Check the log.

You should get a lot of empty researches, because a lot is tied to other things which means you need mostly a combination of researches to unlock another, its never a 1 leads to 1.

Edited by Charon

well there is literally spelled "relationshibouns" , thats a typo i guess.

about the researches, then i should desactivate xce research mod, right?? (im working right now so when i arrive home imma check it).

Okay but a really silly question...what log should i look? and well imma check the googledrive and download the researches in the alpha release 2, part 2 folder again.

also talking again about doors, yesterday i forgot to mentions that the real buggy thing is that i can throw stuff inside the ufo. I can toss a grenade inside the ufo (tresspasing the door), i could easily "spam-nade" the interior of the ufo without problems because aliens are unable to do something......again i followed your instructions but there is the possibility i messed up somewhere and im having bugs because of this... 

4 hours ago, blackwolf said:

well there is literally spelled "relationshibouns" , thats a typo i guess.

hm, you are right

and well imma check the googledrive and download the researches in the alpha release 2, part 2 folder again.

you should have done so from the beginning, if you didnt :)

also talking again about doors, yesterday i forgot to mentions that the real buggy thing is that i can throw stuff inside the ufo. I can toss a grenade inside the ufo (tresspasing the door), i could easily "spam-nade" the interior of the ufo without problems because aliens are unable to do something......again i followed your instructions but there is the possibility i messed up somewhere and im having bugs because of this... 

This is a XCE problem. You can do a lot more stuff with doors and hulls and i won´t mention what.

i mean, i followed your instructions in your pm, and the fifth step was to download it...if you say its damaged or something....oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh........wait a minute i think i figured it out, in your screens, you have both folders separated , but i take the "MERGE EVERYTHING way too literal"...so i merded the "part 2" into the main folder ...sorry my , my fault xD

2 minutes ago, blackwolf said:

i mean, i followed your instructions in your pm, and the fifth step was to download it...if you say its damaged or something....oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh........wait a minute i think i figured it out, in your screens, you have both folders separated , but i take the "MERGE EVERYTHING way too literal"...so i merded the "part 2" into the main folder ...sorry my , my fault xD

Yo, they are 2 mods :). Glad you figured it out.

Edit:

modloader 0.99.png

If you did what you did than you deleted 619 researches :D:D:D:D.

Edited by Charon

25 minutes ago, Charon said:
35 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

I was going to put in a bug report but I see Beta is available so that will have to wait until I play the beta.

if its a valid bug report you can also simply put it here. If its outdated we´ll tell you so.

After I research ShockGun, it appears in the workshop menu.  Problem is that if I click on it the game CTD immediately.