[v1.59/X:CE v0.34.2] X - DIVISION v0.99+ Alpha Test

drages

Here to say thank you guys, amazing mod i thought it was abandoned because it hasn't been updated on nexus mods but i found this new version here! HYPE!

Going to play it, test it and see wazap.

Thanks Drages man and all the team! Thank you!

P.S Do i only need to set X Division to highest priority on the mod list and activate it or do i need to deactivate some of the other community mods??

Edited by Gaudium

Clean install + highest priority is enough, at least for 0.34.1 CE.

General Advice:

When switching between mods/installing new ones it is recommended to clear out/delete the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal folder to make sure the appropriate scripts are loaded. At least until you know what you are doing.

Edited by Charon

Im currently working on the researches file of XDivision and want to share some automated methods to work with some code:

Xenonauts, Automation, Working with code, C&P:

Xenonauts, Full Automation, Working with code:

Xenonauts,Full Automation unstoppable, Working with code:

Checking and adding UnlockManufacture(...); to ~400 weapon lines took 21 minutes 47 seconds and 37 miliseconds.

This can easily be triple sped up to 7 min but i wanted to make sure that the human (me) could keep up with what the program is doing at all times and double checking as it was running.

I just made a speedrun with same file and doing the exact same thing.

Checking and adding UnlockManufacture( ***); of about 400 weapons in 5 minutes 43 seconds and 970 milliseconds.

Xenonauts,Full Automation unstoppable,Max Speed, Working with code:

It is recommended to listen to Yakety Sax music at the same time.

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you all an update on what's going on with the xenopedia for this project, as I love to get updates on mods I'm looking forward to and figured maybe you would too. I've been working on it ever since I got permission from drages last week, and have made some solid progress on the rough draft so far. It has roughly 600 entries between gadgets, tech, aliens, and whatnot, so it's going to take some time... but we're sitting at about the 20% mark after a single week worth of work, and I feel pretty good about that. I'm hoping to have a rough draft of the entire thing completed by mid-May, but whether or not you'll get to see the work will depend on the status of the rest of the mod. I'm super-jacked to see that part too, by the way, can't wait to see what you all can put together on the gameplay side!

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself, and I hope you all like what I'm able to come up with. Reading ufopedia entries was one of my favourite experiences when I first went through XCOM TFTD for the first time as a kid, and I hope you will enjoy these entries as much as I am enjoying making them.

Best of luck to us all, let's make something awesome!

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but my life has been insane due to finals week. That being said, it's now summer break and aside from a couple classes I'm teaching, I have nothing to do for the next few months.

That being the case, I just wanted to drop by and say that I'm still supporting and playing x-divison (about 300 hours worth of the mod), and am very hyped/excited for the next version. As I said before (nearly a year ago now...wow), I'm still more than willing to help out on the lore/xenopedia where I can, if you'd like any help Drages/XcomJunkie.

YAAAAAAY, we need all the help we can get. Get into contact with XcomJunkie and ask him if he needs any help somewhere or if he wants to do it all alone. Im tied up with the researches.xml so it escapes me where we could use some help somewhere else, since strings.xml is dependend on items.xml, is dependend on manufacture.xml, is dependend on researches.xml, and thats where i am right now :).

Oh, yeh and ask drages if he needs any help.

For the guys who are update hungry heres the research changelog:

Version 2.1.0

-Added Knowledge shown to:

Researches.rocket.hvystun

-Added when unlocked to:

Researches.DivisionTechnology

Researches.AdvDivisionTechnology

-Added UnlockManufacture(***); to:

Every weapon from the 1st Column to

the 428th column

Version 2.2.0

(AND) missing at laser mk3 requirements ... fixed

(AND) missing at division mk3 requirements ... fixed

All mk2 and mkr3 requirements are done

Chances for mk3 weapons need to be changed to Drages liking, now they are all (1,50)(51,85) and (86,100)

-DataHack:

Division needs Sebillian Data now

Lasers needs Caesan Data now

Plasma needs Caesan Data now

Mag needs Sebillian Data now

GAUSS needs Sebillian Data now

Pulse needs Caesan Data now

Rail needs Sebillian Data now

-> Need directions for mk1 and mk4

-> Need directions for Researches.***Technology and Researches.Adv***Technology

-> rest of the researches is miscancellous and cant be done without further directions like Researches.AlienToxinPistol or Researches.grenade.katanamk2

Version 2.3.0

fixed requirements of Caesan/Sebillian Data HAcks 1, from (361,100) to (61,100)

Alien Plasma Tree done

Neutron Tree done

Toxin Tree done

Human Plasma Tree done

Scorcher Tree done

Vindicator Tree done

GAUSS Tree done

Photon Tree done

Wave Tree done

Pulse Tree done

Blood Tree done

Incinerator Tree done, No weaponinterrogation phase 5 research available

Mass Tree done

Changed Laser MK1 Requirements !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revised ALL Minigun Requirements !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now they all have sniper + cannon requirements or equivalent

Rail Tree done

Thunder Tree done

Ion Tree done

Sonic Tree done

Hybrid Tree done

Revised ALL Main Weapon Type chances to ALL weapons of its branches

Fixed ALL mk3 pistol/rifle/sniper/etc... chances

Made ALL ChanceName unique

Revised ALL interrogotaions to unlock ealier interrogations as well

Version 2.3.2

Removed and Replaced appropriately: Researches.ShockWeaponry, Researches.AdvAlienElectronics, Researches.EMPWeaponry, Researches.AdvEMPWeaponry

Shock Tree done

Electron Tree done

EMP Tree created

Made all AdvTechnology ChanceName unique

Added Vehicle Weapons Tree

Added Aircraft Weapons Tree

version 2.3.3

Copied and Deleted every researched which was transfered to version 2.3.4

Version 2.3.4

Sorted new Researches

Deleted Alien Pulse Tree

Added all corpses to Xenomorphautopsie

Deleted Researches.HeavyAlienPlasmaTechnology

StunGas Tree done

chemicalgas tree done

stungrenade tree done

AlienGrenade Tree finished

Grenade Tree done

Removed ALL uneccessary old code

Added DataHack 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

Made All Data Hack Chances unique

Added new DataHacks 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 to ALL mk3 weapons

Deleted Researches.rocket.AP, Researches.rocket.hyper

Dark Tree done

Ancient Tree done

Antimatter Tree done

Aircrafts done

Vehicle Weapon Tree done

Armor Tree NOT done, i´ll think later about it

Relinked Chemical/Stun Gas Tree

Armor Tree done

Vehicle tree done

Vehicle Weapon Tree done

Revised Shield Tree

A lot of tweaking here and there

Melee Tree temporarily done

Added Researches.DisassembleAlienPowerSource, Researches.DisassembleAlienReactor, Researches.DisassembleAlienFusionReactor

Added ALL DSB and Datacores

Version 2.3.5

Added UnlockKnowledge to ManTech.***DSB

"Sure, I'll help," I said.

"What could go wrong?" I thought.

Started up a new campaign to test some of the changes I made to the strings.xml...things went pretty smooth. I set out on my first mission, killed about five Aliens, and then I met this guy...and he looks pissed.

IZUtvDx.jpg

Let me reiterate: the FIRST mission.

What did I ever do to you, Drages?

IZUtvDx.jpg

IZUtvDx.thumb.jpg.b3fc05038922f1845c0720

Edited by CherryCoke

Haha I'll agree he was fun to see...it just scared the $!@# out of me to see him right away. That being said, I am excited to see what it'd be like to try and tackle/deal with him through the course of an "actual" game.

Actually, forget that. I'm not excited about how many of my men that thing will kill :[

But somebody's got to save humanity, so dead soldiers there will be!

Ehi guys, I've a problem: I've just started a new game, but my soldiers have access to all the best weaponry and in the hangars there are thre big planes. I suppose something go wrong...

Hey en489, it's a very alpha version for only test purposes.

Thx to charon, coke and junkie, there will be a "playable" version very soon.

More "working with code" Videos. This time its about the Strings.xml

Working with Strings.xml:

Working with Strings.xml, Swapping between programmes:

In this way i could rewrite the whole Strings.xml without even being there.

Edit: Actually, i think thats a good idea. All of the codes are such a mess.

Im going to make a master researches.xml and master manufactures.xml file in order to not have any more stupid merges from 6 different mods which do god knows what. I already have my master items.xml file.

Then im rewriting the whole strings.xml from scratch, only leaving the Tooltips.

That should take a couple of hours, maybe till tomorrow.

The Xpedia is also going to get rewritten in the same way, getting 100% dependend on the master researches.xml file.

So brace yourselves, fellow helpers.

Edited by Charon

Out of morbid curiosity, I see you have XCE 34.2 mentioned as far as compatibility goes for this mod; Is that a typo, or do you have an inside scoop on what's going on with XCE development, and therefore a reason to know what's in/access to an early version of 34.2?

Any sign we're getting anything past 34.1 would be a godsend at this point, I hate seeing the XCE wither on the vine like it looks like it has.