I still find it great we don't have to do anything to be 'manly' in Aus. Just surviving to adulthood in Aus is apparently enough.

Questions invariably asked by tourists:

Where are the kangaroos/koalas?

Has anything ever tried to kill you?

If I touch that, will I die?

I've seen to many discovery, and read to many cracked articles, I've sworn Australia off as a place to visit. Heck when movies about the apocalypse or after it (some exceptions do apply) Just forget to mention Australia tells you something.

Heck, the only reason I can think they ask about the kangaroos and koalas, is to avoid certain death. I mean I know logically Australia can't be that dangerous, I mean there is a healthy State there, but compared to life in the midwest of the US, its a huge jump in dangerous encounters.

I got attacked by a wallaby as a child (its like a small kangaroo). Its not that everything is trying to kill you, just that everything is capable of killing you. There's a difference. Used to keep pet spiders too.

Doesn't the midwest have rattlesnakes and Yao Guai though?

Depends in what part of the midwest one lives, I live in Western Missouri, our most common rattler is the Timber rattle snake. Docile compared to there much bigger cousins, the Eastern and Western Diamond rattle snake. I live out in the rural area of Missouri, so my chances of running into them is increased but so far the only snakes I have ever seen, are the common black rat snake. Biggest I saw of one of those must have been between 4 or 6 feet.

No the Deer out here are more dangerous, they go around in packs of 4 or 12, and wait for you to come arounda corner in a motorised vehicle.

And I know that everything isn't trying to kill people in Australia, but I put that more on the peace accords you have made with nature in Australia, as opposed to the US's doctorine of total destruction, followed by a period of leaving them alone.

Oh that reminds me Cougars are coming back to Missouri, so there is another very dangerous animal.

Depends in what part of the midwest one lives, I live in Western Missouri, our most common rattler is the Timber rattle snake. Docile compared to there much bigger cousins, the Eastern and Western Diamond rattle snake. I live out in the rural area of Missouri, so my chances of running into them is increased but so far the only snakes I have ever seen, are the common black rat snake. Biggest I saw of one of those must have been between 4 or 6 feet.

No the Deer out here are more dangerous, they go around in packs of 4 or 12, and wait for you to come arounda corner in a motorised vehicle.

And I know that everything isn't trying to kill people in Australia, but I put that more on the peace accords you have made with nature in Australia, as opposed to the US's doctorine of total destruction, followed by a period of leaving them alone.

Oh that reminds me Cougars are coming back to Missouri, so there is another very dangerous animal.

I have an aunt who lives in Missouri. Do you live close to, or do you know, Fort Leonard Wood?

Apparently the most lethal animal in the world is the honey badger, which is apparently an unstoppable killing machine. As demonstrated here:

Also I find it hilarious that Sathra has been awarded the 'Frequent Poster' award, which is a can of Spam. I knew I put this achievement system in for a reason.