[V1.59] Names Of The World [V1.17]

steelgonads

thats true but its not me being ungratful(i respect an i am gratefull to all modders) its just that if you dont speak a language and you have to use a translator you dont get the finer points off a language most off the time.

but i describe my problem with his mod installed it doesnt work game crashes after naming my base,if i had a crashrapport file i would place it here but i dont have1 so i only can tell about the thing that happen with his mod installed after deactivating his mod every thing works fine.

i have 3 mods installed :1 X division/ 2 skitso's map pack/3 khalls more portraits mod. tried every possible combination with the names off the world modpack active and all the same result with names off the world modpack activated game crashes after giving my starting base a name.

I get the finer points of english just fine. I also understood through deduction that your problem was a "false friend" in dutch. So let's stop this unproductive banter and move on to what matters.

Right now the Steam Workshop version seems to work for people (at least that's the feedback). I've removed the extended characters as much as i could, so I'm waiting for aajs to give me feedback. Until then you'll have to wait because his feedback will be much more informative than yours.

I get the finer points of english just fine. I also understood through deduction that your problem was a "false friend" in dutch. So let's stop this unproductive banter and move on to what matters.

Right now the Steam Workshop version seems to work for people (at least that's the feedback). I've removed the extended characters as much as i could, so I'm waiting for aajs to give me feedback. Until then you'll have to wait because his feedback will be much more informative than yours.

Still crashing but as before not all the time.

I removed string.xml and tried it a few times without that to make sure its nothing in that making it crash (should work without it).

However it still randomly crashes.

Looked at the files, this mod is so neat and well ordered, I could not see anything obvious that would make it crash.

Sorry I can not seem to come up with anything else.

But if the issue is the amount of names, why doesn't it crash on my side? I even start new games everytime I add a new country so I can get the screenshots of the flags and names in-game.

I'm starting to wonder if the Steam version is slightly different from the one you are using (i use Steam)

PS: I've removed a couple of single quotation marks from strings.xml as well as a "ó" that had passed undetected. Whenever you can, give it a spin.

Edited by steelgonads

But if the issue is the amount of names, why doesn't it crash on my side? I even start new games everytime I add a new country so I can get the screenshots of the flags and names in-game.

I'm starting to wonder if the Steam version is slightly different from the one you are using (i use Steam)

PS: I've removed a couple of single quotation marks from strings.xml as well as a "ó" that had passed undetected. Whenever you can, give it a spin.

I Steel, I also use steam so we can ignore that as an issue.

I ran your mod without your strings xml and still crashed so we can rule that out.

I tried running it with "procmon" running but that did not show anything useful either.

If you want additional ideas for testing....

1) you could try deleting all your xenonaut installation mods and everything and reinstall. Then apply just your mod. and restart a new game 10 times or so. This will prove that there is no "extra" file in your base installation you are relying on.

2) check any graphics files... In the old days before XCE missing graphics nearly always caused a crash... I don't seem to see that so much now, but worth checking...

3) go through your xml files with notepad++ if you are not already using this, as the different colours help you spot any missing xml tags. I did do this already but fail to spot anything obvious.

Sorry, this is all I can come up with at the moment, if I think of anything else I will post back.

I've tried reproducing the crashes on my end and I just can't. I'm sorry guys, must be OS related or something.

No, it's a problem in the mod. At least Romanian female first names are incorrectly marked as last names, and the game crashes when it can't find a single one.

Also, while I'm at it:

- I assume that experience.bulgarian1 and experience.hungary2 refer to the 1968 occupation, when the defending army was ordered to stand down, so I don't think that pointing guns at civilians counts as an actual fighting experience.

- This mod looks like a good candidate for inclusion in the X:CE mod pack, so that players would get the mod out of the box (http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12453-Mods-to-include-with-X-CE). However, I'm not very happy with the not very modular way the mod simply drops all nation info and puts in everything anew, meaning that if I change something in the stock file, the mod will simply drop the change. Would you be willing to alter the mod so that it only updates what it changes?